North Carolina: September 27-29
    Duke: October 17-20
    Tennessee: October 25-27
    Gonzaga: January 18-19

Banchero made
    @Stockrisers
    aware of these dates.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...paolo-banchero
    That's pretty big news. We had him on campus last summer during team camps and that's when things took off. We have a foundation laid for him, but the 5 visits include the 4 mentioned in the tweet and Kentucky. He will be hard to land.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    That's pretty big news. We had him on campus last summer during team camps and that's when things took off. We have a foundation laid for him, but the 5 visits include the 4 mentioned in the tweet and Kentucky. He will be hard to land.
    Especially as it seems the Zags are the last on the list. Kind of like running a gauntlet hoping everyone else misses.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Especially as it seems the Zags are the last on the list. Kind of like running a gauntlet hoping everyone else misses.
    I would not read into the when as much as the who. He knows our program better than any of the other 4, so the when is not that critical.

Saving the best for last

I would not read into the when as much as the who. He knows our program better than any of the other 4, so the when is not that critical.
    Yeah, but it is the WHO and WHEN that makes it hard. I agree, by itself, the when doesn't mean as much. Just worry about him stepping into Cameron, Rupp, or the Dean Dome and leaving with a commitment. But I get what you are saying.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

I’m still not used to seeing Gonzaga next to Duke and North Carolina on these things.

Yeah, but it is the WHO and WHEN that makes it hard. I agree, by itself, the when doesn't mean as much. Just worry about him stepping into Cameron, Rupp, or the Dean Dome and leaving with a commitment. But I get what you are saying.
    And I understand what you are getting at. It would be hard not to commit when standing at any of those three!

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I’m still not used to seeing Gonzaga next to Duke and North Carolina on these things.
    We are in a whole new age. Wait until Max Christie and Chet start to generate some more buzz in the next few months!! Crazy time we are in for the Zags, we are getting top 50 talents year in and year out now, not just one either, multiples.

And I understand what you are getting at. It would be hard not to commit when standing at any of those three!
    So we kinda agree... beer on me when I am in Spokane next month.

So we kinda agree... beer on me when I am in Spokane next month.
    We agree! And I need to get up to Spokane! I am going to try to make it to Kraziness, so we will see!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    7m
    Last tweet continued, here’s the remaining visit dates for Paolo Banchero:

North Carolina: September 27-29
    Duke: October 17-20
    Tennessee: October 25-27
    Gonzaga: January 18-19

Banchero made
    @Stockrisers
    aware of these dates.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...paolo-banchero

That will be the students 1st weekend back from Christmas break & Sat. nite is BYU. If he doesn't pull the trigger earlier & actually makes the trip, he will see an absolute nuthouse.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

We agree! And I need to get up to Spokane! I am going to try to make it to Kraziness, so we will see!
    Is it the part where LIZF buys you a beer that you agree with?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Julian giving a shout out to Paolo.

✞ Julian Strawther ✞
    @JulianStrawther
    ·
    3h
    hi
    @Pp_doesit
    ��

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Julian giving a shout out to Paolo.

✞ Julian Strawther ✞
    @JulianStrawther
    ·
    3h
    hi
    @Pp_doesit
    ��

Harris and Strawther appear to be some of GU's most active recruiters. I have heard about other big time recruits pushing for others to join them at schools like Duke and Kentucky, but can't remember another time when Zag recruits have been so active in courting other players to join them. Naturally, this might just be a function of the rise of social media now so it's easier for players to do so and it is more visible and/or the number of GU recruits that are international.

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    Follow Follow @jakeweingarten
    More Jake Retweeted Jake

Significant info: Banchero just told me that he will also take an unofficial visit to Gonzaga on September 7-8, so that visit plus the scheduled official visit he has.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...49152528674816
    In an ideal world, I would have all 10 fingers on my left hand so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

It will be a huge surprise if Paolo goes anywhere other than UW. His dad played football for UW and his mom was a star on UW's women's basketball team. He has virtually grown up on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwester View Post
    It will be a huge surprise if Paolo goes anywhere other than UW. His dad played football for UW and his mom was a star on UW's women's basketball team. He has virtually grown up on campus.
    I agree but you never know. Walker Kessler has strong family ties to Georgia and they didn't even make his top six. You're probably right but I gotta find ways keep the hope alive

Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post
    I agree but you never know. Walker Kessler has strong family ties to Georgia and they didn't even make his top six. You're probably right but I gotta find ways keep the hope alive
    I think the coaching change may have been the final nail in their chances. Fox got replaced by Crean and California (Fox's new school) was in the top 6.

Possibly he doesn't feel like "playing the zone" fit's his game?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Regarding the diffrence in the level of recruting lately.

THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHERS GONZAGA!

Living on the east coast i used to get comments like " Gonzaga, isnt that the team that seems to upset someone in the tourament every year?" Now when i mention Gonzaga, its a totally diffren vibe! I definitely feel the east coast bias but Gonzaga has a new level of respect that it has never had. Recruting kids as talented as Paolo is the new norm and we need to get used to it!

Or wants to spread his wings little bit?
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I grew up in Corvallis and had zero desire to go to Oregon State. I wanted to get some breathing room from my parents!

Maybe wants to make his own legacy and still be close enough to home for family and friends to be able to see him beat UW each year.

All crystal ball predictions at 247sports are saying Washington. I don't have much hope, even though it is interesting that they are getting the unofficial visit.

Then again, on the recruiting front, at some point Few and Co. ideally needs to sign one of these big name, "inner city" (I use that term loosely) Seattle kids. So long as they fit the system and so on. It sure would've been nice to have gotten Brandon Roy, and Few came way closer to landing him than most folks think. Obviously, the trouble is that this kid is even more highly rated than Brandon was.