• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gonzagit
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Zakarov has the talent to contribute to this program, even with all this talent, hopefully coming in. The other one just doesn't have the physcial tools, or skill set to contribute on a team that we should have. Not being mean or hating on him, that's just the way it is. Zakarov is an excellent athlete for a 7'er he has a nose for rebounding. The light should click on in his head, and he will realize how good he can be. It is just a confidence thing in him. There should always be room for a 7'er with talent. The other guy, lets just say it this way, the talent and skill level is just not there.
    Completely agree

Comment

• ZagzKrak
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Apr 2016

Would you rather have I am not going to say his name stay here instead of bringing in Watson, or Holmgren, or Banchero ? I wouldn't
      If your talking about the other Euro then those recruits your listing have nothing to do with him...he is listed as a guard but was forced to play out of position some last year due to our lack of depth.

Comment

• Zag1203
        Kennel Club Material
        • Apr 2020

Zakarov has the talent to contribute to this program, even with all this talent, hopefully coming in. The other one just doesn't have the physcial tools, or skill set to contribute on a team that we should have. Not being mean or hating on him, that's just the way it is. Zakarov is an excellent athlete for a 7'er he has a nose for rebounding. The light should click on in his head, and he will realize how good he can be. It is just a confidence thing in him. There should always be room for a 7'er with talent. The other guy, lets just say it this way, the talent and skill level is just not there.
        I don't think we should be writing off freshman because they don't look ready to play for us yet. Let them have time to develop. That player has way more potential and tools than some people give him credit for (we wouldn't have recruited him if he didn't). He probably should have redshirted last year, but we couldn't due to depth issues. Our patience with Olynyk paid off, we shouldn't lose patience with player development just because we are getting a couple of top 10 guys now.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

Ayayi’s jump comes to mind, although I think his was remarkable and somewhat of an outlier.

Comment

• YankMyZAG
            Bulldog Fan
            • Sep 2019

Would you rather have I am not going to say his name stay here instead of bringing in Watson, or Holmgren, or Banchero ? I wouldn't
            Why are you not saying his name? Is he voldemort?

Comment

• Gonzagit
              Kennel Club Material
              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by YankMyZAG View Post
              Why are you not saying his name? Is he voldemort?
              Arlauskas. He's not very good.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Gonzagit View Post
                I guess some people on here don't realize that.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2007

Based on what? He looked solid when he got minutes.. and he was a freshman. Has good size, a decent shooting stroke, can handle the ball, finish in traffic..

What makes you think that in year 3 or 4 he cant be a 10 mpg guy at the 3 spot? Personally i think he would be a very good player for us if he continued to develop.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

No he’s not. A last decade Zag talent, at best.

Comment

• Spike#1
                      Kennel Club Alum
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                      No he’s not. A last decade Zag talent, at best.
                      There's Jazz... Knew I could count on him to rip on one of our very own.

Comment

• GUZag08
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Jan 2008

GD I hate trolls and their negative energy

Comment

• jsnider
                          Kennel Club
                          • Apr 2020

I have to admit that I wasn't impressed with him last year at all - very disappointed with what I saw. That said, he was a fairly highly touted recruit ranked in the top 60 I think so there is some talent there supposedly despite what my eyes showed me. I think Arlo would benefit greatly from taking a redshirt year this year if everyone comes back and we have the proper depth to afford that. I think he would have taken a redshirt year last year but with Tillie's injury, the surprise move by Brock Ravet to leave the team, and Ballo's academic redshirt, the team did not have the appropriate depth for him to do so. Let's not completely write him off since i believe he could take a redshirt year and who knows where his development goes from there.
                          Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• Gonzagit
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                            Based on what? He looked solid when he got minutes.. and he was a freshman. Has good size, a decent shooting stroke, can handle the ball, finish in traffic..

What makes you think that in year 3 or 4 he cant be a 10 mpg guy at the 3 spot? Personally i think he would be a very good player for us if he continued to develop.
                            I thought he looked bad in the games I watched. Was he nervous? I'm sure. But no handles, shooting stroke, fluidity. Could be a decent defender with his size, but that's all I saw. He's Jesse Wade, Greg Foster, Bryan Alberts, Luke Mika, Monninghoff, the list goes on and on. Great kid I'm sure, but he can't play here. There's a difference between bagging on a kid and being realistic.

Comment

• phxfireflames
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Mar 2009

Who would you say is the most likely to commit to UK for 2021-22: Hardy, Bachero, Huntley-Hatfield (assuming a reclassification)

Lastly, Paolo Banchero has often discussed playing in college with Kennedy Chandler. Believe it or not, Tennessee has the best chance of making such a package deal happen. UK is definitely a suitor for both, but if the two go their separate ways chances are Banchero picks Kentucky.

So, I actually think Hardy, Huntley-Hatfield and Banchero will all end up picking Kentucky, but Hardy is the likeliest.

Comment

• Bogozags
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2008

Both of the Euros are four year players...“IF WE HAVE A SEASON” we will lose four to five players next year!!! GU isn’t Duke or UK, we need four year players to keep the bus moving in the right direction...there will be enough scholarships to go around for your fab five

Comment

Working...
                                X