Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Does it seem like the Puget Sound sort of punches above its weight class (population level) when it comes to elite basketball recruits? Maybe it's simply proportional to how many kids live there and go to those schools, but there have been quite a few elite high schoolers lately.
    Lately...been heavy weight for high level athletes for a very long time
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    That's a must watch. Thanks!
    Appears to be a well grounded family.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Does it seem like the Puget Sound sort of punches above its weight class (population level) when it comes to elite basketball recruits? Maybe it's simply proportional to how many kids live there and go to those schools, but there have been quite a few elite high schoolers lately.
    Some piano teacher, attempting to bolster her job security, no doubt, once said, "practice makes perfect." What else do athletes in western WA have to do between Nov & March, day after interminably cold, rainy day, but hit the gym?

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Appears to be a well grounded family.
    And very talented!

This would be our biggest get ever IMO.
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    And very talented!

This would be our biggest get ever IMO.
    Until Chet commits.

In this evenings SeaKing District Tournament game, O'Dea defeated Bellevue 62-54. Paolo Banchero scored
    14 points on 4 field goals and hitting 6 of 7 from the free throw line. O'Dea had balanced scoring this evening
    with 4 players in double figures.

O'Dea advances to a game on Thursday evening February 20 against the winner of this evening's game between West Seattle and Garfield.

Sportando
    @Sportando
    · 8h
    Italian Basketball Federation president says Paolo Banchero (@Pp_doesit) will get the Italian passport in a few days

https://sportando.basketball/en/ital...in-a-few-days/

That's great for us! We are well known for our work with international players.

It’s all coming together

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    That's great for us! We are well known for our work with international players.

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Pretty detailed article. What I also took from this was that the number 1 prospect in the 2021 class Jonathan Kuminga will likely reclassify, most likely moving up Banchero to the top spot.

Evans mentioned an unofficial top five of UK, Duke, North Carolina, Tennessee and Washington — Banchero has visited all five schools — in this recruitment.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...240398961.html

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Pretty detailed article. What I also took from this was that the number 1 prospect in the 2021 class Jonathan Kuminga will likely reclassify, most likely moving up Banchero to the top spot.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...240398961.html
    Huh...sure doesn't look like Gonzaga is mentioned in that top 5

Evans has been cool on our chances for awhile. Most other signs have us squarely in the discussion.

This evening, O'Dea upset Garfield 64-60...Paolo Banchero finishes with 25 points including 12 of 14 from the free throw line to lead the O'Dea Fighting Irish...

O'Dea will play Eastside Catholic on Saturday February 22nd for the SeaKing 3A District Tournament Championship at 6:30pm at Bellevue College.

Quote Originally Posted by TerpZag View Post
    This evening, O'Dea upset Garfield 64-60...Paolo Banchero finishes with 25 points including 12 of 14 from the free throw line to lead the O'Dea Fighting Irish...

O'Dea will play Eastside Catholic on Saturday February 22nd for the SeaKing 3A District Tournament Championship at 6:30pm at Bellevue College.
    Not sure I would call it an upset

They beat Garfield earlier in year as well

They match up well with Garfield, not so much against outside shooting of Eastside catholic (who lost to Garfield but has Odea number to date)

Can watch on NFHS.com. Go irish

Just some light reading on the UK boards related to wild Banchero speculation/internet sources.

Most of it speculation, some saying he has silently verballed to UK, others saying he is going to reclassify and suit up for UK. All of the noise he has shut down, saying I've told you over and over I'm staying in 21.
    For what it’s worth (not much), I have a friend who is a Gonzaga grad and follows their recruiting as closely as we follow UK. He tells me that every time Banchero visits Spokane he tells anyone who asks that he’s going to Gonzaga.
    https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...-today.317052/

Just some light reading on the UK boards related to wild Banchero speculation/internet sources.

My goodness, it’s unusual for a Kentucky fan to consider that a coveted recruit might choose Gonzaga.
    Parlez-vous français?

I think there are a lot of people that don't like Dave.

I don’t understand why any UK fan would continue to lament the failure to recruit Jaden McDaniels. Yes, he has potential, but not so coachable and definitely not Mr. Chemistry.
    Parlez-vous français?

From watching McDaniels, in my opinion his brother is 3 times the player he is, and he wasn't that highly rated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    From watching McDaniels, in my opinion his brother is 3 times the player he is, and he wasn't that highly rated.
    McDaniels rating is about where he will be in 5 years. In that sense he has all the physical tools, but the mental tools that would be a different rating system. It will be interesting when he goes to the NBA and has to act like a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    McDaniels rating is about where he will be in 5 years. In that sense he has all the physical tools, but the mental tools that would be a different rating system. It will be interesting when he goes to the NBA and has to act like a pro.
    Umm from the little built I have watched of the nba he might just fit in

On Saturday evening, 3rd seeded Eastside Catholic defeated 4th seeded O'Dea 79-71 for the SeaKing 3A District Tournament Championship. Paolo Banchero scored 24 points in a losing cause for O'Dea. Both teams qualified for the state tournament and will play in the regional round next week.

Seattle Times: Eastside Catholic sweeps boys, girls titles at SeaKing District tournament

Beginning later this week, in the 2020 WIAA 3A Boys Regional Playoffs & State Tournament, #7 seed O'Dea and Paolo Banchero will play #2 seed Wilson on Friday, February 28, 2020 @ 8pm at Mt. Tahoma HS.

WIAA 3A Tournament Seeding, Schedule and Bracket Link

I would say Weingarten is a pretty good source who gets his information by interacting with the recruits directly.

Weingarten said the talented forward hasn't indicated he's swaying towards any school, but Weingarten believes the Zags is where he will choose.
    https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...2-d7661537dc52