Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Man....just imagine if Suggs stuck around for his sophomore season (hah):

PG - Suggs
    SG - Harris
    SF - Watson/Strawther
    F - Timme/Holmgren
    F - Banchero/Perry

That probably has to be the most talented lineup in GU's history
    Next year's line-up (with Suggs attending GU) could well be the best we have had at GU:

PG - Joel/Suggs
    SG - Joel/Martynas/Harris
    SF - Kispert/Martynas/Strawther
    PF - Watson/Timme
    C - Timme/Ballo/Pavel

AND we still have one open scholarship with Filip leaving...BY chance he stays, IMO GU will be ranked Top-3...

Five-Star Forward Paolo Banchero 'Excited' About Weekend Official to Gonzaga

"I'm really looking forward to this Gonzaga visit," said Banchero, who hails from O'Dea (Seattle). "This will be the only visit where I'll be able to see an actual game. All of the other visits were in the fall so I'm excited to be able to experience the atmosphere."

https://www.si.com/college/recruitin...rk-few-gonzaga

The highlight clip in that link is worth it for the announcer alone. Gus Johnson look out! Boom goes the dynamite!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Five-Star Forward Paolo Banchero 'Excited' About Weekend Official to Gonzaga

"I'm really looking forward to this Gonzaga visit," said Banchero, who hails from O'Dea (Seattle). "This will be the only visit where I'll be able to see an actual game. All of the other visits were in the fall so I'm excited to be able to experience the atmosphere."

https://www.si.com/college/recruitin...rk-few-gonzaga
    "As for the next steps in regard to his recruitment, Banchero said he'll trim hist list "somewhere around July," but doesn't have a number in mind that he'd like to get it down to.

"Not sure on that just yet," Banchero said. "I don't have any particular number in mind. I'm just gathering information at this point and after that I'll start to figure out who is standing out more."

Man, this is going to be a grueling wait.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    The highlight clip in that link is worth it for the announcer alone. Gus Johnson look out! Boom goes the dynamite!
    No kidding, he makes Gus Johnson sound disinterested! I'm not a regular in the "whelping box", so pardon my questions: This Banchero kid is a junior in high school? Nah.
    6'9" and 235 pounds? Nah. And the Zags are on his short list? Paolo Banchero! Come on down!! OMG
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    "As for the next steps in regard to his recruitment, Banchero said he'll trim hist list "somewhere around July," but doesn't have a number in mind that he'd like to get it down to.

"Not sure on that just yet," Banchero said. "I don't have any particular number in mind. I'm just gathering information at this point and after that I'll start to figure out who is standing out more."

Man, this is going to be a grueling wait.
    I don't expect a lot of happen with Paolo until after AAU and he will probably not make any decision until next fall right before the signing period or on NLI day.

I would love to see Paolo as a Zag, but much will be about whether he wants to be a part of something great, with other highly touted bigs and on a team that has consistently made it to the dance and advanced...or does he want to be THE big man on campus.

I honestly don't know. I only know what I read here, and the mind of a 16-18 year old is something I no longer comprehend.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

lets hope the vaunted Odea vs Eastside Catholic game that has been postponed twice this week is not rescheduled for saturday...I really want Paolo to get a good feel for the program, the community love and style of play
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    lets hope the vaunted Odea vs Eastside Catholic game that has been postponed twice this week is not rescheduled for saturday...I really want Paolo to get a good feel for the program, the community love and style of play
    Rescheduled for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I would love to see Paolo as a Zag, but much will be about whether he wants to be a part of something great, with other highly touted bigs and on a team that has consistently made it to the dance and advanced...or does he want to be THE big man on campus.

I honestly don't know. I only know what I read here, and the mind of a 16-18 year old is something I no longer comprehend.
    I didn't understand it when I were one.....

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Rescheduled for Monday.
    sweet
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

What time to Paolo come in tomorrow? Hope we blow his doors off!

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...06068172726272

Interesting to note about Jake’s tweets.. pretty confident his source is often the player themselves. When he says Paolo left Spokane impressed in September, Paolo told him that. Jake has predicted Gonzaga as the dark horse here for months (along with Tennessee). Big day today.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...076077056?s=20

Trip-Dub alert: Five-star junior Paolo Banchero continues his dominance by scoring 16 points, grabbing 14 boards, dishing 10 assists and swatting four shots.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...06068172726272

Interesting to note about Jake’s tweets.. pretty confident his source is often the player themselves. When he says Paolo left Spokane impressed in September, Paolo told him that. Jake has predicted Gonzaga as the dark horse here for months (along with Tennessee). Big day today.
    Jake is one of the few guys in the industry that seems to have a direct line to players.

Did he commit?

Haha

He looked engaged --his Mom did a lot of videoing of the student section rocking out during warmups. Student section got a couple of "we want Paolo" chants going.

https://twitter.com/BrennaGreene_/st...40445687083015

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Did he commit?

Haha
    Lol no. Quick report back last night was family really enjoyed the game and atmosphere. Still has today and early tomorrow to go on the visit, but all positive so far. As it stands right now and the excitement I heard in my contacts voice, I would say we are the current leaders of the pack (I am reading into this a little, but I do know my contact very very well and his sounded similar to this when Timme came to the Kennel).

As good of news as we can hope to hear on Paolo!

Paolo and his parents (mom and maybe dad were elite athletes) seem very level headed and calm and mature.

Seems like the kind of situation where there will be no quick or impulsive decisions. Being a top 5 recruit, I imagine he understands that everyone wants what he’s got so he doesn’t need to rush. Seems like he will be a solid presence wherever he goes.
    Last edited by LTownZag; 01-19-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Lol no. Quick report back last night was family really enjoyed the game and atmosphere. Still has today and early tomorrow to go on the visit, but all positive so far. As it stands right now and the excitement I heard in my contacts voice, I would say we are the current leaders of the pack (I am reading into this a little, but I do know my contact very very well and his sounded similar to this when Timme came to the Kennel).
    Not to disagree with you, CZ, but the vibe I got was that the unofficial visit Drew took in summer 2017 had much more importance than attending a game at the Kennel. It took me just one trip to see what Gonzaga is like in July...Zag fever hit my wife as hard as it must have hit Drew's mom. The kids are at camp, and Mom and Dad get to check out the cozy campus, and other spots in Spokane (for me, it was visiting a few wineries). My wife must have spent 2 hours shopping at the Zag store.

I don't know if Drew went the "full camper" route during his camp, but it was a big hit with my son. Those summer camps are a veritable gold mine, when it comes to introducing families to GU. Hopefully, I'll be back up there in a summer or two with my grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Gotta say I was kind of bummed we didn't see a tweet of Paolo donning a Zags uni during the visit! Great knowing it went well, though. Thanks, Caldwell.
    Welcome to Zagdom

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Not to disagree with you, CZ, but the vibe I got was that the unofficial visit Drew took in summer 2017 had much more importance than attending a game at the Kennel. It took me just one trip to see what Gonzaga is like in July...Zag fever hit my wife as hard as it must have hit Drew's mom. The kids are at camp, and Mom and Dad get to check out the cozy campus, and other spots in Spokane (for me, it was visiting a few wineries). My wife must have spent 2 hours shopping at the Zag store.

I don't know if Drew went the "full camper" route during his camp, but it was a big hit with my son. Those summer camps are a veritable gold mine, when it comes to introducing families to GU. Hopefully, I'll be back up there in a summer or two with my grandson.
    Definitely didn't say the unofficial for Drew wasn't important, all I said is my guy sound similar after Drew came to the Kennel and we all know what happened next. Just saying he had the same kind of confidence in his voice.

I hope Paolo is getting plenty of opportunities to see how much talent is being wasted at UW again this year. 2-6 over their last 8 games, and 11th in the Pac-12.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I hope Paolo is getting plenty of opportunities to see how much talent is being wasted at UW again this year. 2-6 over their last 8 games, and 11th in the Pac-12.
    I’m thinking the main competition is Kentucky and Duke at this point.