Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
    Thank you!

I also remember that we had some chats with Kennedy. Are we still talking with him?
    Not that I have heard. I think Paolo and Kennedy might be on different paths now.

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    11m
    Paolo Banchero last night: 24 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists against one of O’Dea’s biggest rivals in Rainer Beach. Banchero continues his dominant junior campaign.

Heads to Gonzaga for his official visit in a few weeks. They landed Jalen Suggs during Banchero’s game.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I found this interview fascinating. He strikes me as a really bright guy. Some thoughts on the recruitment process...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UH_Wz4kEBE
    Nice find. Kind of blown away by this kid to be honest. His measured & thoughtful responses display a crazy level of maturity for someone so young. He seems like a pretty special get.

Also seems like he is very amenable - if not outright partial - to leaving the nest. I'm thinking UW is not the favourite here.

That said Gonzaga is going toe to toe with the big boys on this one. However, I think there is some reason for guarded optimism here.

Suggs mentioned Paolo in his interview. Perhaps he or Dom or Julian are free on BYU night & come to the Kennel & put on a full court press.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

206HS/NWACScouting
    @BillElleby
    ·
    25m
    HS Boys Metro O’Dea 76 Garfield 56 F EPSN#4 2021 Paolo Banchero 6’10 F 25pts,15rebs,5blocks,5assiat,3steals Great Efficient Performance by the Best HS Player in the Nation.
    @Pp_doesit

@PaulBiancardi

@rotaryhoops

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    206HS/NWACScouting
    @BillElleby
    ·
    25m
    HS Boys Metro O’Dea 76 Garfield 56 F EPSN#4 2021 Paolo Banchero 6’10 F 25pts,15rebs,5blocks,5assiat,3steals Great Efficient Performance by the Best HS Player in the Nation.
    @Pp_doesit

@PaulBiancardi

@rotaryhoops
    Went to game. Full of college coaches with lot d1 talent playing. Banchero was head and shoulders above all
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Surprisingly, MaxPreps doesn’t list one Washington team in the top 50.
    Parlez-vous français?

Washington High School Basketball Rankings

1 Union (Vancouver) 12-0 27.3 9.8
    2 Eastside Catholic (Sammamish) 9-1 22.7 9.6
    3 Mt. Spokane (Mead) 10-1 22.6 8.1
    4 Glacier Peak (Snohomish) 9-0 22.3 5.4
    5 Mount Si (Snoqualmie) 7-3 22.2 16.6
    6 Burlington-Edison (Burlington) 9-1 21.2 8.9
    7 Redmond 8-2 20.1 13.2
    8 Garfield (Seattle) 9-2 19.9 8.4
    9 Liberty (Spangle) 10-0 19.1 2.4
    10 Central Valley (Spokane Valley) 9-1 19.1 5.7
    11 Seattle Prep (Seattle) 8-2 19.0 9.7
    12 Skyview (Vancouver) 10-2 19.0 8.9
    13 Chiawana (Pasco) 9-0 18.6 2.0
    14 Mountlake Terrace 6-1 18.4 7.1
    15 Toppenish 9-0 18.4 2.6
    16 Federal Way 10-1 18.3 4.7
    16 Gonzaga Prep (Spokane) 6-4 13.3 11.2
    17 Mariner (Everett) 8-1 18.1 5.8
    18 North Kitsap (Poulsbo) 8-2 17.8 7.5
    19 Zillah 10-0 17.7 0.7
    20 Evergreen (Vancouver) 8-2 17.6 8.1
    21 Walla Walla 8-1 17.4 5.1
    22 Seattle Academy (Seattle) 8-1 17.1 4.9
    23 O'Dea (Seattle) 7-2 17.0 7.9
    24 Sumner 9-2 16.9 7.2
    25 Lynden 8-1 16.6 4.3

https://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/ba...washington.htm
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Nice find. Kind of blown away by this kid to be honest. His measured & thoughtful responses display a crazy level of maturity for someone so young. He seems like a pretty special get.

Also seems like he is very amenable - if not outright partial - to leaving the nest. I'm thinking UW is not the favourite here.

That said Gonzaga is going toe to toe with the big boys on this one. However, I think there is some reason for guarded optimism here.
    Wow - seems more articulate and self aware and mature than most of the college players I see interviewed around the country. Heck - probably more so than the NBA guys.

Folks, this would be HUGE if we could get him.

A lot of chatter he may be the #1 overall recruit in short order.

HUGE!!!

Alright Caldwell, what do you think our chances are? I believe we are his last official visit? Any chance at all we could get a commitment then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Folks, this would be HUGE if we could get him.

A lot of chatter he may be the #1 overall recruit in short order.

HUGE!!!

Alright Caldwell, what do you think our chances are? I believe we are his last official visit? Any chance at all we could get a commitment then?
    I think we are in a good place with him and have the track record on bigs (we are pitching him as the next Rui). That being said, I do not see a commitment from him in the near future to any school, my gut tells me this one will drag out into the spring/summer. Being the last visit and no one getting a commitment to date does help us, but he really is a high priority for a lot of schools! I think we have a legit shot at him, maybe the co-leader right now.

Landing Suggs and being the number 1 team probably helps, but the Sags also have Dom Harris!

Great fit geographically (away from home but still in WA) and culturally. O'Dea has the brotherhood, team-first mentality which is why kids want to go there for sports/school and why alums/parents stay connected for life. Very similar to GU.

Nice story in today's The Seattle Times on yesterday's game between O'Dea and Garfield. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...boys-showdown/ Loved Banchero's quote: "This is not a one-man show at all. This is 10, 11 guys playing together."

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I think we are in a good place with him and have the track record on bigs (we are pitching him as the next Rui). That being said, I do not see a commitment from him in the near future to any school, my gut tells me this one will drag out into the spring/summer. Being the last visit and no one getting a commitment to date does help us, but he really is a high priority for a lot of schools! I think we have a legit shot at him, maybe the co-leader right now.
    I am in agreement here but be sure to note everyone that we are the last visit scheduled for his junior year. He will again have 5 visits for his senior year if he decides to take them (assuming he does not reclassify into 2020 and it appears that he will not). So, as Caldwell said, expect this drag on for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Wow - seems more articulate and self aware and mature than most of the college players I see interviewed around the country. Heck - probably more so than the NBA guys.
    Coached his dad both his dad and mother are well grounded salt earth human beings and his son aligns with their attitude
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Sometimes overlooked --
    Paolo went to a catholic grade school, St. Monica, with a graduating class of around 15.
    Currently attends private catholic O'Dea HS where class sizes are around 100.

The idea of GU being a smaller, private catholic school truly align with Paolo and his family's values. I would love for Paolo to come to GU, I think his game fits perfectly. If UW possibly misses the tournament this year, we could possibly build an edge.

Paolo has said on Twitter he’s definitely not classifying to 2020 - he’s a true 2021 from what I understand.

Also he’s tough and got that football mentality- led Seattle FBU football as QB to back to back title game appearances (8th grade game was on ESPN) and was share time starter as frosh QB for state title team. Love this kid!!!

Has UW improved at all this year? I've seen lots of complaints from UW fans about how they stockpile talent with no results, especially after last night.

I think with the academic dismissal of Green, the UW PG, their team will be significantly worse.

Green was playing very well and the perfect compliment to their elite bigs.

I recall an ESPN broadcast within the last 2 weeks where the announcers debated with UW would win a GU rematch, implying UW has really improved since their game.

I think the reality is that GU has improved and UW has regressed.

We're bringing in, for my money, the top 2021 recruit in the country for an OV this weekend. He's been interacting with our 2020 commits on Twitter. Exciting times. Here's to making a similar impression as we made on Suggs and Strawther last year.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he ends up at Gonzaga

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Waiting for a Jazz response saying there’s no way in 3, 2, 1...

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    The more I hear about this one the more I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    The more I hear about this one the more I agree.
    With Perry coming in, is this basically a one-or-the-other situation then with Holmgren & Banchero?