Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

He also seems to have a link to Dom and Jalen and they talk to each other --- every little bit helps.

I like that we were the most recent visit that he remembers.

PI: Of all the visits you’ve taken, what’s the most memorable moment you’ve experienced?

PB: It would have to be either my first one at UNC or my last one at Gonzaga

Banchero Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9S_...ature=youtu.be

GU: at 19:43 and 21:40

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post

PI: Of all the visits you’ve taken, what’s the most memorable moment you’ve experienced?

Short memory, he just bounced UNC from list.

Banchero, a 6-foot-9, 235-pound forward at Seattle’s O’Dea High, tweeted that he’s also considering Washington, Arizona, Tennessee, Kentucky and Duke. He trimmed North Carolina, Baylor and Georgetown from his top nine.

Paolo Banchero OFFICIAL Junior Year Mixtape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmuy...ature=youtu.be

There is reason that he remembers GU and the fact we got two visits his Junior year. I will make a bold statement, but as of today I think Banchero would be a Zag if he had to sign. I believe he will end up in Spokane ultimately and we are the current leaders in the recruitment race.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    There is reason that he remembers GU and the fact we got two visits his Junior year. I will make a bold statement, but as of today I think Banchero would be a Zag if he had to sign. I believe he will end up in Spokane ultimately and we are the current leaders in the recruitment race.
    Well that's the best news I've heard in a long time! Keeping my fingers crossed that status doesn't change!

Paolo Banchero OFFICIAL Junior Year Mixtape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmuy...ature=youtu.be

Good news! A commitment would be better, but we’ll get the rollercoaster treatment instead.

It would be so great to get this kid, not just because of his immense talent, but to beat out UW on an O'Dea player. I mean, Suggs was a big program statement, but to pick off a stud player from "inner city" Seattle. I mean, Withers wrote a lot in his most recent book about why this has been so challenging for GU despite their immense success. It is really a shame the tournament was cancelled. Getting 3 single digit WCC teams in the dance would've somewhat quieted the opposing coaches who bag on the league. Imagine if all 3 teams made the sweet 16. I wouldn't have been shocked with how wide open the field was this year.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but Banchero retweeted a highlight reel of the Tricky Trio the other day and he consistently comments on Strawther, Suggs, and Harris' Instagram posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    I don't want to get ahead of myself, but Banchero retweeted a highlight reel of the Tricky Trio the other day and he consistently comments on Strawther, Suggs, and Harris' Instagram posts.
    I don't follow recruits' twitter/instagram etc but it'd be nice to know if Paolo spends time "retweeting" things from incoming kids at the other schools among his Final list as well. Or is it unique that he's consistent with the incoming Zags.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I don't follow recruits' twitter/instagram etc but it'd be nice to know if Paolo spends time "retweeting" things from incoming kids at the other schools among his Final list as well. Or is it unique that he's consistent with the incoming Zags.
    He definitely retweets other athletes as well, mostly close friends though. From those that I can recognize he likes to retweet friends from the Seattle area or his high school (bball and fball commitments). I've also seen him retweet stuff from Kennedy Chandler too (who is uncommitted). It's probably not as significant as I make it out to be, but he's definitely seems to think kindly of the Tricky Trio.

I always make note when he goes online to publicly interact with Gonzaga guys. He is always posting about or commenting on Dom's stuff. He comments on Julian's posts pretty consistently. What I think is probably the most interesting about these guys connections with each other on social media is Paolo has started commenting on Kaden Perry's stuff. He goes back and forth with both Peyton and Anton Watson a ton. I think it is silly to take too much from this but definitely makes me think.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsTilDeath View Post
    I always make note when he goes online to publicly interact with Gonzaga guys. He is always posting about or commenting on Dom's stuff. He comments on Julian's posts pretty consistently. What I think is probably the most interesting about these guys connections with each other on social media is Paolo has started commenting on Kaden Perry's stuff. He goes back and forth with both Peyton and Anton Watson a ton. I think it is silly to take too much from this but definitely makes me think.
    Relationships are being formed that is for sure and the tricky trio, along with other 2021 recruits that are either committed to GU or really close to committing to GU definitely talk a lot with Paolo. Just to get your hopes up from where things stand right now, this is still a 3 team race with Gonzaga the front runner, Tennessee followed by Kentucky. From all I have heard and I have no reason to believe otherwise, Paolo will end up being our highest rated recruit every, but it will play out this fall, not right away.

Oh and don't believe the national guys when it comes to GU and our recruiting, they really don't have a clue.

Oh and don't believe the national guys when it comes to GU and our recruiting, they really don't have a clue.
    *cough* Evan Daniels *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    *cough* Evan Daniels *cough*
    He knows the national stage really well, but Gonzaga and our recruiting is so much different than any other school. They didn't give us a true shot at landing Suggs, which if you follow this board you would have known nearly a year before he committed. They won't give us a shot at Paolo either, but let me tell you when Paolo is a Zag, Kentucky and the others won't know what hit them.

This should be in the GU Boards constitution

Relationships are being formed that is for sure and the tricky trio, along with other 2021 recruits that are either committed to GU or really close to committing to GU definitely talk a lot with Paolo. Just to get your hopes up from where things stand right now, this is still a 3 team race with Gonzaga the front runner, Tennessee followed by Kentucky. From all I have heard and I have no reason to believe otherwise, Paolo will end up being our highest rated recruit every, but it will play out this fall, not right away.
    Caldwell-- you said Paolo would be our highest recruit ever. The rankings i just saw on 247 had Paolo at #4 , Chet at #2 overall. Do you think we will get Chet?

He knows the national stage really well, but Gonzaga and our recruiting is so much different than any other school. They didn't give us a true shot at landing Suggs, which if you follow this board you would have known nearly a year before he committed. They won't give us a shot at Paolo either, but let me tell you when Paolo is a Zag, Kentucky and the others won't know what hit them.
    without sharing anything secret, can you write a brief description of how the nature of GU recruiting is unlike other school recruiting? I'm curious to read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Caldwell-- you said Paolo would be our highest recruit ever. The rankings i just saw on 247 had Paolo at #4 , Chet at #2 overall. Do you think we will get Chet?
    I believe Paolo will commit before Chet commits to any school. I think we are in a good spot with Chet, but a better spot with Paolo. I believe at this point Watson and Paolo are the most likely to be Zags, with Chet and Hunter not far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    without sharing anything secret, can you write a brief description of how the nature of GU recruiting is unlike other school recruiting? I'm curious to read about it.
    Think of it this way, how many offers do we truly hand out? How many visits take place and of those visits how many do not result in a commitment? Most other schools (think Kentucky and Arizona) hand out so many offers if they all came to fruition they would field a football team. Gonzaga is all about fit and family, emphasis on family. It takes a special kid to get an offer to GU and to commit. We have handed out a handful of offers in the last few years that we ended up back pedaling on (Jordan Brown is one that comes to mind) as we got to know him and his family better, but most of the offers we hand out stick and they seriously are considering Gonzaga. We are not a one and done factor, like Duke and Kentucky, we develop kids and we sell the development, not to the next level, but to be the best version of themselves they can be. GU is just different, in all ways shapes and forms.

I believe Paolo will commit before Chet commits to any school. I think we are in a good spot with Chet, but a better spot with Paolo. I believe at this point Watson and Paolo are the most likely to be Zags, with Chet and Hunter not far behind.
    Excellent communication today. If we could get Paolo and Watson, those are 2 high level recruits. That doesn't even include Kaden Perry who is moving up the rankings. Fingers crossed.

Good one - Right you are. Love the Zags and the way we do it.