Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Arlauskas. He's not very good.
    Everyone is entitled to opinions; however, I see him making a big step this season AND he does have talent but at this point in time, he isn’t an AA BUT he is an extremely hard worker and will succeed at GU

I feel with Rivals, since Gonzaga does not have a team page where folks can spend $ for additional insider info, unless there is strong evidence for a recruit, it's not in the website's best interest to hype up the zags?

I have been following recruiting for decades, and these "packaged deals" almost never occur. The kids ultimately go to the school that they fill will develop them the best and has a great chance of winning a title. It's the most overrated thing in recruiting.

I’ve heard some opinions on Ayayi which more closely resembled the thoughts on Arlauskas after one season than not. I don’t have any inside info which will suggest it’ll be a similar development path, but even Rui barely played his first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Iíve heard some opinions on Ayayi which more closely resembled the thoughts on Arlauskas after one season than not. I donít have any inside info which will suggest itíll be a similar development path, but even Rui barely played his first year.
    The Arlauskas I saw impressed me very much in the limited role he played last season. I donít know if heíll be putting up big numbers for us, but I do know that we wonít need him to. We will however need some glue guys to go along with the 5 stars. I donít get the hate for this kid either, Mal.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    The Arlauskas I saw impressed me very much in the limited role he played last season. I donít know if heíll be putting up big numbers for us, but I do know that we wonít need him to. We will however need some glue guys to go along with the 5 stars. I donít get the hate for this kid either, Mal.
    I see him filling the Jeremy Jones role. He'll rebound, make the right pass, and play D. I think he'll be able to guard 1-4. Dont know that he'll ever be a big time scorer, but he'll help win games. Might not be quite ready this year, but I strongly believe Arlauskas will be a contributor before his career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I see him filling the Jeremy Jones role. He'll rebound, make the right pass, and play D. I think he'll be able to guard 1-4. Dont know that he'll ever be a big time scorer, but he'll help win games. Might not be quite ready this year, but I strongly believe Arlauskas will be a contributor before his career is over.
    That is what I remember reading about him from his days in international ball.

Never flashy, but seemed to be in the right spot at the right time. Once he learns the system, he will be fine and an asset.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    And that would be awsome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I actually see a lot of potential in Arlauskas. Takes a rare breed— like Timme— to pop out as freshman. He’s got a lot going against him (language barrier, adjusting to American ball) and he managed to show some spurts of promise. Like all zag players he’s gonna get better on D and learn the system. One thing that stood out is he was always max effort. His talent is there and when it all comes together I think he could be a damn good player. He will always be fighting for minutes but when he fully develops he should be a really solid piece of program. I’m also a big advocate of Olynyk Clinic For a year. We prob won’t have much room for him this year (maybe even year after that). But guys like him will find major minutes if they stick around.

Wow, soooo... Paolo?

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Wow, soooo... Paolo?
    Clap!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Everyone is entitled to opinions; however, I see him making a big step this season AND he does have talent but at this point in time, he isnít an AA BUT he is an extremely hard worker and will succeed at GU
    Exactly this. I heard for two years how Ayayi wasn't GU quality and would transfer from many on this board. Guys are not all one and done nor do they have to be, you want to have players that provide continuity. I would never want us to have an entire class of one and done types. Arlauskas played some last year on a very good team, that is telling to me. Additionally, many forget that he hadn't played much the previous year due to injury so there was going to be rust to go with the adjustment period.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Exactly this. I heard for two years how Ayayi wasn't GU quality and would transfer from many on this board. Guys are not all one and done nor do they have to be, you want to have players that provide continuity. I would never want us to have an entire class of one and done types. Arlauskas played some last year on a very good team, that is telling to me. Additionally, many forget that he hadn't played much the previous year due to injury so there was going to be rust to go with the adjustment period.
    Playing against some of the very best players in college basketball day after day AND with an excellent staff too!

Alright back to the best recruit we’ve tried to get.

“Good chance that it could happen, but we’ll have to wait and see.”

Paolo on playing with Kennedy Chandler. Gonzaga apparently is the wait and see part of that sentence.

https://www.si.com/college/recruitin...tment-lil-baby

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Alright back to the best recruit we’ve tried to get.

“Good chance that it could happen, but we’ll have to wait and see.”

Paolo on playing with Kennedy Chandler. Gonzaga apparently is the wait and see part of that sentence.

https://www.si.com/college/recruitin...tment-lil-baby
    It sounds like he knows it would be cool to team up with Chandler, but it's really not in their best interests just to team up because it would be fun. He knows it actually has to make sense for both of them from an NBA draft standpoint. I don't think Kentucky's roster outlook really supports them both to be 'one and dones' like they hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    It sounds like he knows it would be cool to team up with Chandler, but it's really not in their best interests just to team up because it would be fun. He knows it actually has to make sense for both of them from an NBA draft standpoint. I don't think Kentucky's roster outlook really supports them both to be 'one and dones' like they hope.
    Think Tennessee is the team to watch if they team up.

I agree

I have been saying Tennessee, Kentucky, and us for months and there is a reason for it. But that's right I just make this stuff up like I do my fishing stories. And will probably be asked the same damn question 5 million times over the next year on Paolo and give the same answer Everytime, but it still won't be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Relationships are being formed that is for sure and the tricky trio, along with other 2021 recruits that are either committed to GU or really close to committing to GU definitely talk a lot with Paolo. Just to get your hopes up from where things stand right now, this is still a 3 team race with Gonzaga the front runner, Tennessee followed by Kentucky. From all I have heard and I have no reason to believe otherwise, Paolo will end up being our highest rated recruit every, but it will play out this fall, not right away.
    Caldwell, apologies if our comments about Tennessee and Kentucky came off as ignorant to your previous intel. My intention was to show that Paolo's recruiting interests from the recent interview perfectly align with what you have been stating throughout this thread for months. Above is the quote that Caldwell said back in May about Gonzaga leading Tennessee leading Kentucky.

In my opinion we lead for Paulo. I will continue to believe we lead until it ls proven that I am wrong. I have more confidence in what Caldwell says over any of these other so called experts. The big time recruiting experts just can't believe a player of this caliber would come to Gonzaga, so they are going to keep saying Kentucky and Tennessee. Cladwell has contacts to the University, these other guys do not, so they are going to keep on saying Banchero is going to a big time school, they just can't fathem a big time recruit would come to Gonzaga. Remember with Suggs the experts kept saying he wasn't coming to Gonzaga, the when he did, they kept saying he was going pro. Big time recruits going to little Gonzaga, they just can not believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Caldwell, apologies if our comments about Tennessee and Kentucky came off as ignorant to your previous intel. My intention was to show that Paolo's recruiting interests from the recent interview perfectly align with what you have been stating throughout this thread for months. Above is the quote that Caldwell said back in May about Gonzaga leading Tennessee leading Kentucky.
    Your comments did not come off that way, it is all the other BS with Suggs and just saying I am sure all the doom and gloom guys will be saying similar stuff with Paolo for the next year.

Anybody subscribe to Stockrisers? Jake has prediction on who leads for Banchero.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Anybody subscribe to Stockrisers? Jake has prediction on who leads for Banchero.
    I don't want to paste the paragraph, but basically Tennessee and Gonzaga are co-leaders. Jake is a true insider who talks to these recruits personally and has great insight and instincts in the recruiting world.

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    I don't want to paste the paragraph, but basically Tennessee and Gonzaga are co-leaders. Jake is a true insider who talks to these recruits personally and has great insight and instincts in the recruiting world.
    Hopefully we have a Basketball season sometime in the next 5 years, jk. Covid is putting a wrinkle on College Basketball and recruiting.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Thanks.