Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I wouldn't write him off that quick. A guy doesn't take a unofficial and plan a official visit if he is just wasting his own time.
    Agree. Rumor has it that he's definitely interested in playing for a program away from home (Seattle). UW genes, but not a lock by any means.

A similar thing is happening with Sav'ell Smalls. A Seattle kid who is top 10 in football for 2020. Everyone said he was a lock for UW and then during the summer he said he wanted to go somewhere other than UW.

Updated rivals Top 150 has him at #3 overall prospect. Holmgren close behind at #5. Nathan Bittoe at 17, and Kaden Perry is on the 130s.
    GU Class of '10, MUSC Class of '14

Quote Originally Posted by Zag365 View Post
    Agree. Rumor has it that he's definitely interested in playing for a program away from home (Seattle). UW genes, but not a lock by any means.
    Pave his own path, write his own story, be his own man, clear his own way, etc

QUOTE=Goshzagit;1475669]Pave his own path, write his own story, be his own man, clear his own way, etc[/QUOTE]

Acorn doesn’t fall far from the tree
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

It would be pretty lame to know you’re going to UW and waste everybody’s time... while making an announcement on social media and posting “Dog Up” while doing it.

There is either sincere interest or he has things to learn about being a good human being.

Maybe UW is his backstop... I mean if I am a recruit in his position, if UNC/Duke/Kentucky show interest they are obviously a better choice.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It would be pretty lame to know you’re going to UW and waste everybody’s time... while making an announcement on social media and posting “Dog Up” while doing it.

There is either sincere interest or he has things to learn about being a good human being.
    You just went way too over the top here. Posting 1 word and 2 emojis about a visit to a college is a minimal acknowledgement.

He owes it to himself to visit the places he's considering. It is pretty clear he doesn't "know" where he's going yet, nor should he. He's early in the process; a process that prioritizes him finding his best fit over worrying about how people read (too much) into his sharing of the recruiting experience.

Yeah, he can be a good human being and take visits even if he's pretty sure he's going somewhere else.

It's actually quite common in football recruiting for recruits to take a random visit before signing day just to go see a different part of the country on someone else's dime. See kids who know they're going to Georgia but mix in a visit to Austin because they can. Pretty cool opportunity for high level athletes.

Listening to interviews helps figure out how genuine the interest is. I'm pretty sure the staff has a good idea where they stand from talking to a kid. You don't see us wasting too much time on kids we have no chance at. Hope Paolo has a great recruiting experience and picks the best school for him.
    Last edited by zagfan08; 09-10-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post

Listening to interviews helps figure out how genuine the interest is. I'm pretty sure the staff has a good idea where they stand from talking to a kid. You don't see us wasting too much time on kids we have no chance at. Hope Paolo has a great recruiting experience and picks the best school for him.
    This is what is important... Fully believe that UW is not the favorite in this and our true battle is going to come from Kentucky, UNC, and Duke. I have us as slight favorites right now.

Gonzaga 30%
    Duke 20%
    Kentucky 20%
    UNC 10%
    UW 10%
    Field 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    You just went way too over the top here. Posting 1 word and 2 emojis about a visit to a college is a minimal acknowledgement.

He owes it to himself to visit the places he's considering. It is pretty clear he doesn't "know" where he's going yet, nor should he. He's early in the process; a process that prioritizes him finding his best fit over worrying about how people read (too much) into his sharing of the recruiting experience.
    I think we agree more than you apprehend in your seemingly knee-jerk post. My post in response to people who think he is 100% going to UW.

A secondary issue is that I don’t find it ethical to waste someone’s time in dealings like this, unofficial visit or otherwise, unless he is literally just wandering around campus. Ethics is about being a good human being, so I stand by my comment (although ethics are relative).

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    This is what is important... Fully believe that UW is not the favorite in this and our true battle is going to come from Kentucky, UNC, and Duke. I have us as slight favorites right now.

Gonzaga 30%
    Duke 20%
    Kentucky 20%
    UNC 10%
    UW 10%
    Field 10%
    Wow. Getting a recruit who had offers from Duke/UNC/Kentucky would be wild. Thanks for the insight caldwell, we all appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by GUZag08 View Post
    Wow. Getting a recruit who had offers from Duke/UNC/Kentucky would be wild. Thanks for the insight caldwell, we all appreciate it!
    Those numbers are just mine from my conversations with those in the know. From everything I have heard we are in a great spot with Paolo and there is significant mutual interest. The fit is what sets us apart as we are selling him to be the next Rui (with a higher ceiling) and honestly with UW and how Hopkins runs things, the fit is not there in Seattle. Duke has the fit as well, same with UNC, same with Kentucky, not the same with Washington. This is going to come down to the blue bloods of college basketball and the newest blue blood (to 17 year old kids). I think as the new blue blood on the block, we have a legit shot here.

I think we agree more than you apprehend in your seemingly knee-jerk post. My post in response to people who think he is 100% going to UW.

A secondary issue is that I don’t find it ethical to waste someone’s time in dealings like this, unofficial visit or otherwise, unless he is literally just wandering around campus. Ethics is about being a good human being, so I stand by my comment (although ethics are relative).
    Even if he's 99.9% going to UW (not saying he is), he owes it to himself to take his visits elsewhere. He's making a decision that can have an impact on the rest of his life, if he gets done with all of his visits and still commits to UW then good for him. Not sure where you get off questioning a kids ethics for taking his official visits when it will have a huge impact on his future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Even if he's 99.9% going to UW (not saying he is), he owes it to himself to take his visits elsewhere. He's making a decision that can have an impact on the rest of his life, if he gets done with all of his visits and still commits to UW then good for him. Not sure where you get off questioning a kids ethics for taking his official visits when it will have a huge impact on his future.
    You are pointing out a premise that I think is likely: he is actually interested in GU. This started when I said that I liked that he put “Dog Up” in his social media post and people questioned his motives, saying he was a lock for UW. I’d encourage people who want to pick a fight, including yourself, to re-read all of the comments before making assumptions. This ain’t rocket surgery.

How’d the visit go??

How’d the visit go??
    It went great from everything I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    It went great from everything I heard.
    Cool. Thanks. Do they get to roll out the red carpet, aside from the meals, on these unofficial visits? (Eg tour the locker room/facilities, let them practice/meet with the players, and that sort of thing)

Cool. Thanks. Do they get to roll out the red carpet, aside from the meals, on these unofficial visits? (Eg tour the locker room/facilities, let them practice/meet with the players, and that sort of thing)
    The Kool Aid being quaffed on these recruiting threads is clearly spiked. Drink up!

Jazz can't help himself

Jazz can't help himself
    The have to steal the water from the Colorado and pipe it in. He doesn't get enough to have Kool-Aid.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The have to steal the water from the Colorado and pipe it in. He doesn't get enough to have Kool-Aid.
    Now that’s funny. Rim shot funny. I was just up at Torrey Pines. And I don’t even play. Heaven on earth.

Paolo (Paul-Oh)
    @Pp_doesit
    ·
    3h
    Top 9 dropping at 3pm west coast time����9️⃣

Only Gonzaga and UW on the West Coast. Quite the list.

Only Gonzaga and UW on the West Coast. Quite the list.