North Carolina: September 27-29
    Duke: October 17-20
    Tennessee: October 25-27
    Gonzaga: January 18-19

Banchero made
    @Stockrisers
    aware of these dates.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...paolo-banchero
    That's pretty big news. We had him on campus last summer during team camps and that's when things took off. We have a foundation laid for him, but the 5 visits include the 4 mentioned in the tweet and Kentucky. He will be hard to land.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    That's pretty big news. We had him on campus last summer during team camps and that's when things took off. We have a foundation laid for him, but the 5 visits include the 4 mentioned in the tweet and Kentucky. He will be hard to land.
    Especially as it seems the Zags are the last on the list. Kind of like running a gauntlet hoping everyone else misses.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Especially as it seems the Zags are the last on the list. Kind of like running a gauntlet hoping everyone else misses.
    I would not read into the when as much as the who. He knows our program better than any of the other 4, so the when is not that critical.

I would not read into the when as much as the who. He knows our program better than any of the other 4, so the when is not that critical.
    Yeah, but it is the WHO and WHEN that makes it hard. I agree, by itself, the when doesn't mean as much. Just worry about him stepping into Cameron, Rupp, or the Dean Dome and leaving with a commitment. But I get what you are saying.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I’m still not used to seeing Gonzaga next to Duke and North Carolina on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Yeah, but it is the WHO and WHEN that makes it hard. I agree, by itself, the when doesn't mean as much. Just worry about him stepping into Cameron, Rupp, or the Dean Dome and leaving with a commitment. But I get what you are saying.
    And I understand what you are getting at. It would be hard not to commit when standing at any of those three!

Saving the best for last

When I'm giving my sales pitch I always want to be the last guy in and leave the impression that lasts. One of the biggest obstacles is that people want to avoid the conflict of having to call the other interested parties. I tell them I will happily make that call for them.

Just hope he last till our visit and gets to see the kennel in all its glory.

The unofficial visit layered with the official visit is the point that many folks are missing here.

If GU wasn't being taken seriously, I think the visits would have been limited to one.

GU make sense if he wants his friends and family to have access to his games, play on a team that has become a habitual final four contender, and join a program that has recent success getting underclassmen drafted in the NBA first round.
    I miss Mike Hart

Is there anything significant occurring on campus September 7-8 or is it just out of convenience?

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    The unofficial visit layered with the official visit is the point that many folks are missing here.

If GU wasn't being taken seriously, I think the visits would have been limited to one.

GU make sense if he wants his friends and family to have access to his games, play on a team that has become a habitual final four contender, and join a program that has recent success getting underclassmen drafted in the NBA first round.
    I like the phrase 'habitual final four contender' and realize contender can refer to potential,
    however the zags have had one trip to the Final Four in 20 years, in fact in history.
    Over here in Seattle, that phrase would be challenged rather than accepted ...

Totally forgot Perry had committed. That kid is a stud!

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Totally forgot Perry had committed. That kid is a stud!
    He reminds me alot of Elias Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    7m
    Last tweet continued, here’s the remaining visit dates for Paolo Banchero:

North Carolina: September 27-29
    Duke: October 17-20
    Tennessee: October 25-27
    Gonzaga: January 18-19

Banchero made
    @Stockrisers
    aware of these dates.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...paolo-banchero

That will be the students 1st weekend back from Christmas break & Sat. nite is BYU. If he doesn't pull the trigger earlier & actually makes the trip, he will see an absolute nuthouse.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Gonzaga’s Mark Few and an assistant will be in on Tuesday for five-star junior Paolo Banchero, a source told @Stockrisers. Fresh off an official visit to North Carolina.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...795799041?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Gonzaga’s Mark Few and an assistant will be in on Tuesday for five-star junior Paolo Banchero, a source told @Stockrisers. Fresh off an official visit to North Carolina.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...795799041?s=19
    Can someone who understands recruiting and twitter-speak please translate what "will be in on Tuesday" means? And who is Jake Weingarten?

Jake owns a recruiting website and gets info on visits--I believe from players themselves, though he mostly cites it as a source. He's only 18 but does a good job.

My guess on Tuesday is GU will watch Paolo work out and talk with him after. Significant here imo is Few's involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Jake owns a recruiting website and gets info on visits--I believe from players themselves, though he mostly cites it as a source. He's only 18 but does a good job.

My guess on Tuesday is GU will watch Paolo work out and talk with him after. Significant here imo is Few's involvement.
    Thanks ZF08 for demystifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag365 View Post
    Thanks ZF08 for demystifying.
    Jake's an interesting one to follow. He is still a teenager that just enrolled at Louisville but he has been busting his butt and is well regarded nationally. Seems to have a great relationship with a lot of these top players.

Byu game. Official visit?

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Byu game. Official visit?
    Yes.

2 weeks till his visit.
    We should be getting more hyped about this young man. He's currently the #3 ranked recruit in the nation, just ahead of #4 Chet Holmgren.

I'm hoping the Students aren't sleeping on this and put on a show for him when he arrives. Those two commitments would be the biggest in the history of our program.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    2 weeks till his visit.
    We should be getting more hyped about this young man. He's currently the #3 ranked recruit in the nation, just ahead of #4 Chet Holmgren.

I'm hoping the Students aren't sleeping on this and put on a show for him when he arrives. Those two commitments would be the biggest in the history of our program.
    I would
    Love this. Great family awesome zag material
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few