Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 577

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

  1. #351
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    wow!!! Crazy the type of recruits we are getting to visit. Next couple of years are looking AMAZING!

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,272

    Default

    If there is one thing I have learned over the years w/ recruiting is to NEVER trust any kid or any person who claims that recruit A and recruit B want to be a packaged deal. It almost never happens that way. Kids go where they feel they will develop and be the best fit. They don't go anywhere to play with specific players so long as they are talented.

    If Paulo chooses Tennessee, it will be because he feels that's the best fit and the best place for him to develop. Rick Barnes knows how to coach.

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    And very talented!

    This would be our biggest get ever IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Until Chet commits.
    Not so fast, Paolo could be #1 by then. No knock on Chet but you can’t beat that!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,454

    Default

    Emiliano Carchia
    @Carchia
    · 18h
    Five-Star prospect Paolo Banchero may play Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Italy’s National Team, according to FIP manager Salvatore Trainotti.

    Italy hopes that FIBA will not consider Banchero as "naturalized” players allowing Italbasket to use him and also Donte DiVincenzo

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    In a 2020 WIAA 3A Boys Regional Playoff game this evening, #7 seed O'Dea defeated #2 seed Wilson 84 -73. Paolo Banchero led the Fighting Irish with 28 points. O'Dea moves on to play in the 2020 WIAA 3A Boys State Tournament on Thursday March 5th at 2pm against the winner of a game scheduled on Wednesday March 4th.

    https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...ilson/boxscore

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TerpZag View Post
    In a 2020 WIAA 3A Boys Regional Playoff game this evening, #7 seed O'Dea defeated #2 seed Wilson 84 -73. Paolo Banchero led the Fighting Irish with 28 points. O'Dea moves on to play in the 2020 WIAA 3A Boys State Tournament on Thursday March 5th at 2pm against the winner of a game scheduled on Wednesday March 4th.

    https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...ilson/boxscore
    FYI:
    The WIAA has an app now.
    #8 GPrep plays #1 Union at 2pm in 4A at 2pm today.
    #8 Mt. Spokane plays #1 Eastside Catholic in 3A at 2pm today.
    Parlez-vous français?

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    14,157

    Post

    Star Times boys basketball: First state for O’Dea’s Paolo Banchero. Next, the world?

    The Seattle Times’ pick for boys basketball player of the year: Paolo Banchero

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TerpZag View Post
    Star Times boys basketball: First state for O’Dea’s Paolo Banchero. Next, the world?

    The Seattle Times’ pick for boys basketball player of the year: Paolo Banchero
    With a stop along the way to play for the zags
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    With a stop along the way to play for the zags
    That would be a "Zagnificent" outcome...

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,163

    Default

    Unc head coach at odea practice today
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,272

    Default

    Kind of interesting that the east coast guys are visiting Banchero a lot. Maybe they think he is not a shoe in for UW?

    Another thing is that like one recruiting analyst said, Banchero might really the #1 player in the class and a true transcendent player. That sort of guy is gonna attract everyone. I mean, it requires a lot of effort for Roy Williams and Coach Cal to travel cross country to scout a player when they have national title caliber players in their own backyard.

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default

    https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...e-prep-vs-odea

    Follow Banchero throughout the state tournament live.

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,454

    Default

    Really like the 81% from the foul line and he draws a ton of fouls -- more than our current Zag that draws the most fouls per game --Petrusev (if Petrusev shot over 80% from the line he would average over 20 pts a game-- instead of 17/18). Also like that Paolo has the ability to pop the three --given the opportunity.

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    (if Petrusev shot over 80% from the line he would average over 20 pts a game-- instead of 17/18).
    FP has made 150/228 ft's. 80% would be 182/228, or 32 more made ft's in 31 games. So 1.03 more ppg.

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    14,157

    Post

    This afternoon, O'Dea defeated Seattle Prep in overtime 65-55. Paolo Banchero led the Fighting Irish with 25 points.
    O'Dea moves on and will play Rainier Beach tomorrow evening at 5:30pm in the 2020 WIAA 3A Boys State Tournament.

    http://wiaa.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=1890

    https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...e-prep-vs-odea

    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ll-tournament/

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,454

    Default

    Add in the missed 1 and 1's and you get the extra point.

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    If you have been following the Washington State Tournament you would have seen Mark Few in attendance as well. Do not be shocked if our recruitment of Nolan Hickman starts to really ramp up. He has long been on our radar, but he is a name that keeps getting mentioned along with Collins as potential point guards to go with the this class and he is connected with Paolo.

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    If you have been following the Washington State Tournament you would have seen Mark Few in attendance as well. Do not be shocked if our recruitment of Nolan Hickman starts to really ramp up. He has long been on our radar, but he is a name that keeps getting mentioned along with Collins as potential point guards to go with the this class and he is connected with Paolo.
    Is Sallis still in play or are things cooling?

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Is Sallis still in play or are things cooling?
    100% still in play. Things are strong with Hunter. I presume Caldwell did not include him in the above as Hunter is more of a combo while Hickman and Collins are true PGs

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Nolan Hickman plays at 3:45 today, Paolo is in the game after. Follow them live here.

    https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...ic-vs-garfield

    https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...-beach-vs-odea

  21. #371
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    If you have been following the Washington State Tournament you would have seen Mark Few in attendance as well. Do not be shocked if our recruitment of Nolan Hickman starts to really ramp up. He has long been on our radar, but he is a name that keeps getting mentioned along with Collins as potential point guards to go with the this class and he is connected with Paolo.
    I'll let a mod start a new thread if hes deemed a real prospect but my take is a guard with nice handles that likes to drive and dish plus shows a decently pure shot. Form is a little funky and slow on the shot, I dont see any stats or percentages for him but it also looks like he maybe has a little of a midrange game even (imagine that!). Hes going to get blocked hard at the next level against real bigs with his layin style when in traffic though. Blowing past a forward who gives up on the play now is not like blowing past a guy with recovery speed who wants to spike the ball into the next row when Hickman floats it up there. Probably a really nice prospect if hes heady and willing, be interesting to watch his progression.

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    100% still in play. Things are strong with Hunter. I presume Caldwell did not include him in the above as Hunter is more of a combo while Hickman and Collins are true PGs
    This is exactly why I did not include Hunter.

    I don't think we are quiet ready to start Hickman his own, but we (I know I started it) probably should continue that conversation in the 2021 recruiting thread.

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    14,157

    Post

    This evening, O'Dea defeated Rainier Beach 73-53 in the 3A Boys State Tournament semifinals. Once again,
    Paolo Banchero led the Fighting Irish in scoring with 19 points.

    O'Dea will play Garfield tomorrow evening at 7:00pm for the 2020 WIAA 3A Boys State Tournament championship.

    http://wiaa.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=1890

    https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...-beach-vs-odea

    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ll-tournament/

  24. #374
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TerpZag View Post
    This evening, O'Dea defeated Rainier Beach 73-53 in the 3A Boys State Tournament semifinals. Once again,
    Paolo Banchero led the Fighting Irish in scoring with 19 points.

    O'Dea will play Garfield tomorrow evening at 7:00pm for the 2020 WIAA 3A Boys State Tournament championship.

    http://wiaa.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=1890

    https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...-beach-vs-odea

    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ll-tournament/
    2 assist shy of triple double
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    2 assist shy of triple double
    Hoopaholic, were you at the game this evening?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •