Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

Seanís checking account still full?

I wouldn't bet on it, he does have other recruits doesn't he ?

D’oh!

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Díoh!

I still like Gonzaga’s chances. This just sounds more like he may not reclassify, but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I still like Gonzagaís chances. This just sounds more like he may not reclassify, but who knows...
    He has always said he was not reclassifying
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    He has always said he was not reclassifying
    There has been a little chatter recently that he was considering it. It stills seems unlikely.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....draft-entrants

Evans: There is intrigue throughout the elite tier of the 2021 class but Paolo Bachero’s recruitment has caught my eye. He could pick Duke, Kentucky or North Carolina and immediately become any of the blueblood’s most important piece in the class. He could also go a different path and pick Michigan or Tennessee to potentially team up with Kennedy Chandler, someone that Banchero has discussed playing with in college. Staying home at Washington, the program right down the street and a place that his father and mother both played varsity sports for, is also in play. There is a load of storylines with Banchero thanks to his talent and pedigree which makes him that much more intriguing to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Well that doesnít sound good that they didnít even mention the zags..

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Well that doesnít sound good that they didnít even mention the zags..

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Well that doesn’t sound good that they didn’t even mention the zags..

I still think some National guys are just don’t appreciate Gonzaga at times. Still have faith he likes the Zags, and they’ll be in his final list.

Few and Michaelson would not have kept showing up at his games if they felt he was a lost cause. I feel Evans has always underestimated Gonzaga in his recruiting. The kid is one and done and he wants to play close to home from what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Few and Michaelson would not have kept showing up at his games if they felt he was a lost cause. I feel Evans has always underestimated Gonzaga in his recruiting. The kid is one and done and he wants to play close to home from what I have heard.

Evans has never given Gonzaga a shot with Paolo. I wouldn’t read much into it because that post shows he has no idea what’s going on with this recruitment. Lists like 7 different possibilities. Hope he’s in for a big surprise.

Rivals Recruiting doesn't even register that he had an official visit to GU!!!

Half the time Rivals doesn't even realize Gonzaga exist. Evans is okay at his job at best when it comes to Gonzaga.

The Zags are one of the top programs year after year, and the rest of the country refuses to believe it. They know nothing about the program, but they figure how can a small private school in the middle of nowhere be any good. It doesn't matter how many times they beat the big boys, the rest of the country refuses to believe it. I hope Banchero realizes how good the program really is and makes his own decision and doesn't listen to all these other coaches running down our program. You can bet these other coaches keep whispering in his ear that the Zags are nothing and if you want to be a big time player, then you can't go there. We know how good we are and I think Banchero does too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    The Zags are one of the top programs year after year, and the rest of the country refuses to believe it. They know nothing about the program, but they figure how can a small private school in the middle of nowhere be any good. It doesn't matter how many times they beat the big boys, the rest of the country refuses to believe it. I hope Banchero realizes how good the program really is and makes his own decision and doesn't listen to all these other coaches running down our program. You can bet these other coaches keep whispering in his ear that the Zags are nothing and if you want to be a big time player, then you can't go there. We know how good we are and I think Banchero does too.
    Our track record of sending bigs especially to the NBA in recent years speaks for itself. Our NCAA streak the last several years has been the most consistent in the country. Eventually you just need to ignore the noise, the facts are there. Paolo will have his pick, hopefully he sees the value of an absolute phenomenal culture, player development, and a top tier program. He seems like a smart kid and will make a choice that fits him, he will be in the NBA regardless imo, so what else is he wanting...
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I mean, I don't think this is true. The reality is playing in the WCC will hurt us with some big recruits because you don't get the marquee conference games like you do elsewhere. That is a fact. But assuming the other marquee coaches trash our program is a bit of a stretch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    I mean, I don't think this is true. The reality is playing in the WCC will hurt us with some big recruits because you don't get the marquee conference games like you do elsewhere. That is a fact. But assuming the other marquee coaches trash our program is a bit of a stretch to me.
    So we are not a top program in the country, or we haven't sent many bigs to the NBA? I think our program has taken a huge turn. You're right we don't get all the marquee conference games but we have an excellent out of conference schedule that continues to improve every year. On top of that tournament success. GU will always attract a certain mold regardless, but believe everything that i typed.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    It is supposed to be unethical to trash other programs. Coach Drew got blasted for his negative recruiting tactics by Coach Barnes (while he was at Texas) and Bob Knight. Maybe they all do it behind closed doors but it seems that there is a certain amount of decorum, at least the public facing element, in this regard.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...rCS_story.html
    Last edited by JPtheBeasta; 04-14-2020 at 08:01 AM. Reason: autocorrect typo

Conference affiliation matters. Scheduling out of conference matters. Facilities matter. Preseason tournament showcases matter. Consistent NCAA tournament success matters. Culture matters. Track record of sending players to the League matters. These are the ingredients of a tasty recruitment pie.

Gonzaga checks all the boxes now for elite recruits except the first one. Other programs may resort to making that argument because frankly it’s the only possible card left to play. Gonzaga counters that with everything else. The record speaks for itself at this point. The Gonzaga pie is proving to be a flavor of choice now for the highest level of recruit.

What a time to be an alum, and more importantly, what a time to be a fan!

This kid is a winner. He is not prima donna. Plays hard. There is no doubt he's going to be one and done. If the kid's goal is play close to home and then play for a team that makes the NCAA tourney every year (usually with a high seed), GU is the way to go. There is no way for him to know what might occur at UW when it comes to their postseason chances. The other schools who are after him consistently make the dance, but does the family really want to fly to Lexington to see him play? Going to GU is not going diminish his development if the staff keeps bringing in the talent.

I understand guys like Evans in a way. Truth is, GU has never been able to land an "inner city" Seattle type recruit yet. Much less a top 5 guy like this kid. I think some of these recruiting analysts feel they need to see it to believe it. I would have love to see Coach Few and his staff prove these analysts wrong.

I am in the see it to believe it camp when it comes to a top prospect from Seattle choosing Gonzaga over UW or blue blood programs. Banchero has close ties to UW. Duke, UNC, and Kentucky often have multiple kids in the lottery. You cannot compare the college experience of UNC, Duke, or Kentucky to Gonzaga. They are just different beasts. Gonzaga is the best fit from a development perspective, especially with how much Banchero loves playing form the elbow.