• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag1203
    Kennel Club Material
    • Apr 2020

Originally posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Who would you say is the most likely to commit to UK for 2021-22: Hardy, Bachero, Huntley-Hatfield (assuming a reclassification)

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-michigan-more
    Also in the article on the topic of future top 5 players opting to go the pro route

"The college game will roll on. The loss of Jalen Green and Daishen Nix will hurt, but not all prospects will pursue what the G League has to offer. For example, look for Pat Baldwin, Paolo Banchero and Chet Holmgren to eschew the G League experience and opt for college."

Comment

• Zag1203
      Kennel Club Material
      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by phxfireflames View Post
      Who would you say is the most likely to commit to UK for 2021-22: Hardy, Bachero, Huntley-Hatfield (assuming a reclassification)

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-michigan-more
      I also find it comical that national recruiting 'insiders' writers refuse to mention Gonzaga's name in connection to either Banchero or Holmgren.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Gonzagit View Post
        I thought he looked bad in the games I watched. Was he nervous? I'm sure. But no handles, shooting stroke, fluidity. Could be a decent defender with his size, but that's all I saw. He's Jesse Wade, Greg Foster, Bryan Alberts, Luke Mika, Monninghoff, the list goes on and on. Great kid I'm sure, but he can't play here. There's a difference between bagging on a kid and being realistic.
        I think hes waaaaayyy better than those guys mentioned. THose guys didnt belong. We must have been watching diff games. He didnt look like he didnt belong.

Comment

• White lightning
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2017

It seems many forget how Ayayi looked his first year. Trying to hard and getting out of position on D. It shows how good Timme was as a Freshman. Able to fit in so well!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• caldwellzag
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zag1203 View Post
            I also find it comical that national recruiting 'insiders' writers refuse to mention Gonzaga's name in connection to either Banchero or Holmgren.
            The national recruiters still don't see Gonzaga as a Blue Blood get them to the pro's factory, like Kentucky and Duke. In fairness, that's not what we are, we are a develop them and then get them to the pro's. We have not had recruits (minus Collins) who showed up on campus and were true one and done guys. Suggs will be another one, Paolo and Chet will follow suit. Only then will the national guys start to realize we are a recruiting power house, not just a power house on the court.

Comment

• Bogozags
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Gonzagit View Post
              Arlauskas. He's not very good.
              Everyone is entitled to opinions; however, I see him making a big step this season AND he does have talent but at this point in time, he isn’t an AA BUT he is an extremely hard worker and will succeed at GU

Comment

• phxfireflames
                Kennel Club Material
                • Mar 2009

I feel with Rivals, since Gonzaga does not have a team page where folks can spend $ for additional insider info, unless there is strong evidence for a recruit, it's not in the website's best interest to hype up the zags?

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

I have been following recruiting for decades, and these "packaged deals" almost never occur. The kids ultimately go to the school that they fill will develop them the best and has a great chance of winning a title. It's the most overrated thing in recruiting.

Comment

• Malastein
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I’ve heard some opinions on Ayayi which more closely resembled the thoughts on Arlauskas after one season than not. I don’t have any inside info which will suggest it’ll be a similar development path, but even Rui barely played his first year.
                    The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Malastein View Post
                      I’ve heard some opinions on Ayayi which more closely resembled the thoughts on Arlauskas after one season than not. I don’t have any inside info which will suggest it’ll be a similar development path, but even Rui barely played his first year.
                      The Arlauskas I saw impressed me very much in the limited role he played last season. I don’t know if he’ll be putting up big numbers for us, but I do know that we won’t need him to. We will however need some glue guys to go along with the 5 stars. I don’t get the hate for this kid either, Mal.
                      It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• bdmiller7
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
                        The Arlauskas I saw impressed me very much in the limited role he played last season. I don’t know if he’ll be putting up big numbers for us, but I do know that we won’t need him to. We will however need some glue guys to go along with the 5 stars. I don’t get the hate for this kid either, Mal.
                        I see him filling the Jeremy Jones role. He'll rebound, make the right pass, and play D. I think he'll be able to guard 1-4. Dont know that he'll ever be a big time scorer, but he'll help win games. Might not be quite ready this year, but I strongly believe Arlauskas will be a contributor before his career is over.

Comment

• willandi
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
                          I see him filling the Jeremy Jones role. He'll rebound, make the right pass, and play D. I think he'll be able to guard 1-4. Dont know that he'll ever be a big time scorer, but he'll help win games. Might not be quite ready this year, but I strongly believe Arlauskas will be a contributor before his career is over.
                          That is what I remember reading about him from his days in international ball.

Never flashy, but seemed to be in the right spot at the right time. Once he learns the system, he will be fine and an asset.
                          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• White lightning
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
                            And that would be awsome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• ZagsTilDeath
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Apr 2020

I actually see a lot of potential in Arlauskas. Takes a rare breed— like Timme— to pop out as freshman. He’s got a lot going against him (language barrier, adjusting to American ball) and he managed to show some spurts of promise. Like all zag players he’s gonna get better on D and learn the system. One thing that stood out is he was always max effort. His talent is there and when it all comes together I think he could be a damn good player. He will always be fighting for minutes but when he fully develops he should be a really solid piece of program. I’m also a big advocate of Olynyk Clinic For a year. We prob won’t have much room for him this year (maybe even year after that). But guys like him will find major minutes if they stick around.

Comment

• zagssuperfan
                                Kennel Club Material
                                • Jun 2013

Wow, soooo... Paolo?

Comment

Working...
                                X