Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    I’m thinking the main competition is Kentucky and Duke at this point.
    Kentucky and Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Kentucky and Tennessee
    How would you rank the 3 in terms of most likely? I know it’s early but just wondering where things stand. Kentucky seems like the outlier out of those 3 as very different from Few and Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
    How would you rank the 3 in terms of most likely? I know it’s early but just wondering where things stand. Kentucky seems like the outlier out of those 3 as very different from Few and Barnes.
    Gonzaga, Tennessee, Kentucky, Duke, Washington in that order

Thanks Caldy. Where is he at in the process? Will he make a decision after AAU this summer?

Kentucky and Tennessee
    Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
    Thanks Caldy. Where is he at in the process? Will he make a decision after AAU this summer?
    Still early, I think next fall most likely, but maybe after AAU more will come out.

Is he mulling a gap year in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Is he mulling a gap year in Australia?
    It's never too late. We should all do a gap year in Australia. Or maybe someplace less on fire.

I had the pleasure of watching Mr Banchero in person yesterday evening.

O’Dea @ Blanchet

First time seeing him in person and I was very impressed.

Blanchet jumped on ODea and went up 14-6 in the 1st Qtr. They played a scrambling 2-3 zone that collapsed on him every time he touched the ball. The ODea game plan was very clearly for him to move the ball as quickly as possible and hit guys for open looks. He executed his part perfectly, his teammates just missed open looks.
    I was impressed by his patience and understanding of the game. He could have become impatient and started forcing it, but he didn’t. Also he looked extremely positive with his teammates.
    With his team down, to an inferior team, on the road, in a rivalry game, with news cameras recording and the crowd chanting overrated, he was extremely poised. Body language was excellent, he could have been frustrated with his teammates, but he wasn’t. Looked exactly how you would want a player to look in that situation.

Blanchet didn’t have any size, so he had to guard a shorter kid. He understood proper positioning, no wild overplays for highlight dunks or crazy block attempts from across the gym. He moves his feet extremely well for a 6-10 235 16 year old.

2nd Quarter O’Dea started to get him the ball more. Got fouled quite a bit. Shot free throws well.
    They went up by a few.

2nd half O’Dea opened it up.

He had a couple open court plays that were electric. One he took the full length of the court off a rebound and missed the dunk, that would have been a highlight. It was on basically the entire Blanchet team.

Overall I was extremely impressed by all of his Basketball skills. But I was more impressed with his intangibles, the kinds of things you can’t see watching highlights or games on tv. He listened to his coaches, he looked like a great teammate, he was respectful to his opponents and the refs. Basically everything we would want.

He’d be a great fit, I hope he decides to be a Zag!

Quote Originally Posted by SamwiseTheZag View Post

O’Dea @ Blanchet

Blanchet jumped on ODea and went up 14-6 in the 1st Qtr. They played a scrambling 2-3 zone that collapsed on him every time he touched the ball. The ODea game plan was very clearly for him to move the ball as quickly as possible and hit guys for open looks. He executed his part perfectly, his teammates just missed open looks.
    I was impressed by his patience and understanding of the game. He could have become impatient and started forcing it, but he didn’t. Also he looked extremely positive with his teammates.
    With his team down, to an inferior team, on the road, in a rivalry game, with news cameras recording and the crowd chanting overrated, he was extremely poised. Body language was excellent, he could have been frustrated with his teammates, but he wasn’t. Looked exactly how you would want a player to look in that situation.

Blanchet didn’t have any size, so he had to guard a shorter kid. He understood proper positioning, no wild overplays for highlight dunks or crazy block attempts from across the gym. He moves his feet extremely well for a 6-10 235 16 year old.

2nd Quarter O’Dea started to get him the ball more. Got fouled quite a bit. Shot free throws well.
    They went up by a few.

He had a couple open court plays that were electric. One he took the full length of the court off a rebound and missed the dunk, that would have been a highlight. It was on basically the entire Blanchet team.

Overall I was extremely impressed by all of his Basketball skills. But I was more impressed with his intangibles, the kinds of things you can’t see watching highlights or games on tv. He listened to his coaches, he looked like a great teammate, he was respectful to his opponents and the refs. Basically everything we would want.

Thanks for the summary! Even with Suggs committing, Amazing to me that this level of recruit is interested in GU

O’Dea @ Blanchet

They went up by a few.

Thanks for the summary! Even with Suggs committing, Amazing to me that this level of recruit is interested in GU.

O’Dea @ Blanchet

They went up by a few.

This is only your 77th post? Yikes! Excellent writing and clear reasoning with ample factual support. Please post more often!
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    This is only your 77th post? Yikes! Excellent writing and clear reasoning with ample factual support. Please post more often!
    Clearly too intelligent to be hanging out with the likes of us...
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

I was wondering if his mom had gone to Tenn, but both parents went to UW.