• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Carnegie, US News, change Gonzaga's Ranking Category

U.S. News & World Report will categorize Gonzaga as a “National University” when it releases its 2020 annual rankings on Sept. 9, 2019. Gonzaga is currently ranked as a “Regional University.” This is driven by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education moving Gonzaga University from “Master’s University” to a new category — “Doctoral/Professional University” — in response to the number of students who are conferred doctorate degrees from Gonzaga.

For decades, Gonzaga has been categorized as a “Regional University” in “Master’s Colleges and Universities.” U.S. News & World Report currently ranks Gonzaga the No. 4 best in the West, the 20th consecutive year GU has ranked among the top four West regional universities and the 24th consecutive year (31st in 34 years) it has ranked among the best regional universities.
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

While it will means “lower” ranking. That is a much better category to be in. Benefits GU tremendously in the end
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
      Administrator
      • Apr 2009

We check in at No. 79 on the National University rankings for US News.

“No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

Very solid number. GU should be very proud of that ranking
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• webspinnre
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

As someone who does a significant amount of college counseling, that's an excellent ranking. Santa Clara is tops in the WCC at 54 (also new to the national category, I believe), and LMU comes in at 64, right behind UW. BYU is right ahead of us at 77, and we're ahead of Colorado School of Mines, Marquette, Michigan State, USD, St. Louis University, and TCU, for comparison.
          I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

Working...
          X