Did you know that the WCC just got a new logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiddwell
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

...finally...

Kiddwell's been waiting and waiting for just the right time to get that first tattoo!

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• Birddog
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I'd like to see what Woohoo could have come up with in MSPaint.
      Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
      All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
        I'd like to see what Woohoo could have come up with in MSPaint.
        Does he do those, or is Francis the genius behind them?

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
          Kiddwell's been waiting and waiting for just the right time to get that first tattoo!

:]

I hope it has more staying power than those barbed wire ones in the late 90’s/early 2000’s

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
            Didn’t they move away from the oldest logo when BYU joined the league? Was it too awkward to add a star for Provo somewhere in the first C?
            I am with this, first thing I noticed was the absence of BYU in provo, UT.
            but from the point of view of the WCC, its basketball only, BYU does not other competing with WCC teams other than basketball teams, is that right?

Comment

• NotoriousZ
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
              To me, the color scheme and overall design is a bit early 2000s and sleepy.
              That’s the first thing I thought, who picked that color? The one thing they got right was the decision to actually change the logo. Because the last one, in my best Bill Walton, was just awful.
              It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• HenneZag
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

The design is better than the old. It's the color that I dont like. Many other color options better than what was chosen.
                America's Team!

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

"WCC" from Raise's post is easily the cleanest and identifiable. Elegant and non pretentious. Sometimes flashy and "artistic" are to be avoidedSimple is better.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                    "WCC" from Raise's post is easily the cleanest and identifiable. Elegant and non pretentious. Sometimes flashy and "artistic" are to be avoidedSimple is better.

No idea you went to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena?

Comment

• MDABE80
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I used to work at the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena looking at blood flow mathematics. But I did drive by the Art Institute there once. ….once. Just not my thing.…..back then

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                        I used to work at the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena looking at blood flow mathematics. But I did drive by the Art Institute there once. ….once. Just not my thing.…..back then
                        Call it osmosis, then. Marvelous place, Art Center. Knew the longtime prexy there, David Brown, very well.

Comment

• seacatfan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                          I am with this, first thing I noticed was the absence of BYU in provo, UT.
                          but from the point of view of the WCC, its basketball only, BYU does not other competing with WCC teams other than basketball teams, is that right?
                          I believe they compete in the WCC in all sports with the exception of football of course. I know for certain they compete in women's volleyball and are a powerhouse. The WCC was already strong in that sport and BYU has added to that. Generally considered the best non P5 conference.

Comment

• TheZagPhish
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                            Milton Glaser is turning over in his grave. And he’s still alive at 90.
                            Nice!

Huge Glaser fan right here. I always like those crabby old legends of design. Saul Bass is right there, too. 'Course he's pining for the fjords...
                            Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TheZagPhish View Post
                              Nice!

Huge Glaser fan right here. I always like those crabby old legends of design. Saul Bass is right there, too. 'Course he's pining for the fjords...
                              So you must be familiar with U&LC, the bible of mid-century font design that involved so many power designers such as Herb Lubalin, Bass, Glaser, George Lois, et al. I knew most of them. Glaser was/is a pizzer as is George.

Comment

• TheZagPhish
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                                So you must be familiar with U&LC, the bible of mid-century font design that involved so many power designers such as Herb Lubalin, Bass, Glaser, George Lois, et al. I knew most of them. Glaser was/is a pizzer as is George.
                                Yep! Oh man, that is so cool! I am a pro letterer these days (a term that would be utterly unknown to the greats you just listed), and find most of my direction in the work of the past. These days it is Ken Barber carrying the torch of the masters, guiding the kids to do it right with pencils and practice. After attending a workshop of his this past June in SLC, Mrs. Phish and I are working to find a way out to Cooper Union to take another class of his next year. I miss NYC and can't wait to see it with a designer's eye and more time.

Five stars for the Lubalin reference.
                                Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

Working...
                                X