Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 76

Thread: Did you know that the WCC just got a new logo?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    ...tattoos go on foreheads, right?





    :[
    You can rap, Kiddwell?
    Parlez-vous français?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    So you must be familiar with U&LC, the bible of mid-century font design that involved so many power designers such as Herb Lubalin, Bass, Glaser, George Lois, et al. I knew most of them. Glaser was/is a pizzer as is George.
    You wouldn't believe the number of "otherwise fairly well-read" people who lived quite a while without knowing that "font design" was really a thing that went beyond those choices on Word.


    Now I do appreciate that its a whole industry, "presentation," art and science. I wouldn't have known at all until reading an article a few years ago on the design for the "Delta" font and logo. They referenced it as genius and long lasting. I was blown away. Five letters Triangle-type things.

    But I now see the subtlety makes a massive difference.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,956

    Default

    Enjoy.

    https://spiritualray.com/symbols-wit...anged-meanings




    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    You wouldn't believe the number of "otherwise fairly well-read" people who lived quite a while without knowing that "font design" was really a thing that went beyond those choices on Word.


    Now I do appreciate that its a whole industry, "presentation," art and science. I wouldn't have known at all until reading an article a few years ago on the design for the "Delta" font and logo. They referenced it as genius and long lasting. I was blown away. Five letters Triangle-type things.

    But I now see the subtlety makes a massive difference.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    20,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    You wouldn't believe the number of "otherwise fairly well-read" people who lived quite a while without knowing that "font design" was really a thing that went beyond those choices on Word.


    Now I do appreciate that its a whole industry, "presentation," art and science. I wouldn't have known at all until reading an article a few years ago on the design for the "Delta" font and logo. They referenced it as genius and long lasting. I was blown away. Five letters Triangle-type things.

    But I now see the subtlety makes a massive difference.
    A few words by arguably the world's foremost expert on type design, Matthew Carter.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I believe they compete in the WCC in all sports with the exception of football of course. I know for certain they compete in women's volleyball and are a powerhouse. The WCC was already strong in that sport and BYU has added to that. Generally considered the best non P5 conference.
    BYU participates within the WCC for all athletics except:

    Mountain Pacific Sports Federation
    ● Men's and women's swimming and diving
    ● Men's volleyball
    ● Men's and women's indoor track & field

    Mountain Rim Gymnastics Conference
    ● Women's gymnastics

    Eastern College Athletic Conference
    ● Outdoor men's and women's track & field

    Independent
    ● Football



    That said, I'm not fond of the new logo, nor much of anything that the WCC does.

    I wonder how it'll actually look on uniforms and court floors.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    A few words by arguably the world's foremost expert on type design, Matthew Carter.
    I listened to that one the last time you fascinated me with this topic. Thanks again, I listened again.

    And Jazz - those were about as long lasting as they come. The "logo" thing I guess I sort of knew "someone had to come up with that" but didn't know the difficulty behind it. The font design blew me away, an art unto itself and they would use an entirely new design for 5 letters, as in "Delta"
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    2,733

    Default

    The "C"s look like the open end of a box wrench. Not sure what hex-head bolts have to do with our conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    The "C"s look like the open end of a box wrench. Not sure what hex-head bolts have to do with our conference.
    Instead of pop-up ads from DUI Attorneys, maybe the WCC can do a sponsorship deal with Snap-On Tools.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,477

    Default

    The conference could have done much worse than picking five or so "finalists" and then spreading them out as "Beta" versions on every board in the conference (fans are the ones they're trying to attract, not media specialists at the schools), and getting a sense of which are the best of the five, going from there.


    There's actually some strength in looking to crowd source the eval process. Takes some real leadership to say "I want broad input."
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    The "C"s look like the open end of a box wrench. Not sure what hex-head bolts have to do with our conference.
    Good call it's somewhat reminiscent of Matco Tools
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,452

    Default

    In regards to the logo...



    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    In regards to the logo...



    The 1st picture is of Dodger Catcher/Second Baseman Austin Barnes getting the news that he & his .196 batting average were on their way back to AAA. Too bad; I like the kid.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    The 1st picture is of Dodger Catcher/Second Baseman Austin Barnes getting the news that he & his .196 batting average were on their way back to AAA. Too bad; I like the kid.
    Funny.

    Ironic, too, since the Dodgers have such an iconic logo, font.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,918

    Default

    LIZ= aptly summarized with those facial expressions.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    The conference could have done much worse than picking five or so "finalists" and then spreading them out as "Beta" versions on every board in the conference (fans are the ones they're trying to attract, not media specialists at the schools), and getting a sense of which are the best of the five, going from there.


    There's actually some strength in looking to crowd source the eval process. Takes some real leadership to say "I want broad input."
    There's quite a bit of value in crowd-sourcing, you'd certainly think this would be one such place.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,452

    Default

    Gracias Abe
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Looks like the MAC has been painted, and the new WCC logo is prominently displayed in the key.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,048

    Default

    Hey ZagPhish, clean out your inbox.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Hey ZagPhish, clean out your inbox.
    Can we please keep this thread on topic?


    LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Hey ZagPhish, clean out your inbox.
    That's a rather personal request, bird.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    20,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Hey ZagPhish, clean out your inbox.
    Ha ha ha! Roger, that.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Hey ZagPhish, clean out your inbox.
    It should be noted that cleaning out the Sent box will accomplish the same purpose...

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Looks like the MAC has been painted, and the new WCC logo is prominently displayed in the key.
    Photo of new floor:

    https://www.facebook.com/GonzagaBull...type=3&theater

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    14,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Still not a fan of the design, but it looks a whole heck of a lot better with the Zag blue behind it.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    14,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Still not a fan of the design, but it looks a whole heck of a lot better with the Zag blue behind it.
    Also, I really like the fact that we are sponsored by a tribe of Indians. How cool is that!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •