Thread: The Cost of Winning

Hybrid View

Default The Cost of Winning

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

My take: if you can’t win a championship, come up with a formula that puts you number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    My take: if you can’t win a championship, come up with a formula that puts you number 1.
    The author needs to get out of mom's basement more often. He's probably related to Randy Bennett.

Analyses like this one are too arbitrary. It's a good rationale for an athletic department to not spend money on a program, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Analyses like this one are too arbitrary. It's a good rationale for an athletic department to not spend money on a program, I suppose.
    His analysis gives far too much weight to winning the title, and/or making the Final Four. I can't believe that UNC spent about the same on their program as the Zags, either. He's making at least $4 million a year when bonuses are added in.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    His analysis gives far too much weight to winning the title, and/or making the Final Four. I can't believe that UNC spent about the same on their program as the Zags, either. He's making at least $4 million a year when bonuses are added in.
    And not a whole lot of weight to getting to the tournament, which is often the litmus test of a good season.

lol......lies, damn lies, and then there's statistics.....

I am bad at excel spreadsheets so I don't pretend to understand the spread sheet, but it seems like you would need to subtract gross revenue from the gross expenses to get the net expenses number and then you would have a more valid comparison. But I may be off base.