• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Gotta hand it to ya, Tex. After reading this and Don’s initial response I thought the PC police were going to shut the thread down. Instead we got what I believe is our first Top Gun thread derailment. Usually it’s Caddy Shack or Animal House.

Funny you bring up those other flicks. The usual response I get when referencing older movies like those is a blank stare from anyone under 40.

...and then there's Blazing Saddles...

Way O/T, but when I was with the FDIC, I squashed a loan modification from a key character in Top Gun. Also oversaw a loan from a former NBA player that ran into big problems. Interesting times, not unlike what you may have seen in "The Big Short."

Comment

• Birddog
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

"The Big Short."
      Another reference to Tom Cruise?
      Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
      All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
        Another reference to Tom Cruise?
        I thought it was a reference to George Raveling, Pepperdine's Bill Sadler, and Omar the Tentmaker.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
          I thought it was a reference to George Raveling, Pepperdine's Bill Sadler, and Omar the Tentmaker.
          The dude from Dunder Mifflin deserved an Oscar for his performance as Mark Baum...and I've only seen a few episodes of The Office.

Comment

Working...
          X