Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruits That You Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Ok, SLO. I’m going to take a few months off from this delusional thread, I will just stick to the main board. Have fun.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Ok, SLO. I’m going to take a few months off from this delusional thread, I will just stick to the main board. Have fun.
    Yes pls

Quote Originally Posted by GUZag08 View Post
    Yes pls
    I know many people don't see eye to eye with others on this board, but everyone has the right to contribute. My comment earlier to Jazz was made to say, trust me on this one, don't quit posting. The names on this list are huge, they maybe "pipe dreams" but as you already saw today with Paolo, we are recruiting with the big boys now.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I know many people don't see eye to eye with others on this board, but everyone has the right to contribute. My comment earlier to Jazz was made to say, trust me on this one, don't quit posting. The names on this list are huge, they maybe "pipe dreams" but as you already saw today with Paolo, we are recruiting with the big boys now.
    More importantly the big boys are visiting our campus.

What I don't understand is if a poster doesn't like another particular poster's posts then that poster has the option to put him/her on the ignore list...not reason to get upset because you don't agree with another's view point.

I'm sure there are many on this board that have me on ignore and that's ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    What I don't understand is if a poster doesn't like another particular poster's posts then that poster has the option to put him/her on the ignore list...not reason to get upset because you don't agree with another's view point.

I'm sure there are many on this board that have me on ignore and that's ok...
    It's the new America. If you don't like what somebody thinks, you ostracize them.( To shut them up) Seems fascist to me. Welcome to the new America.
    Last edited by LongIslandZagFan; 08-21-2019 at 12:22 PM.

ESPN has a TOP 25 RECRUITS REGARDLESS OF CLASS LIST and some GU recruits are on it.
    7. Banchero
    9. Holmgren
    12. Suggs
    20. Kessler

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    ESPN has a TOP 25 RECRUITS REGARDLESS OF CLASS LIST and some GU recruits are on it.
    7. Banchero
    9. Holmgren
    12. Suggs
    20. Kessler
    Sheesh, two commitments of those four would be spectacular!
    Welcome to Zagdom

OK... I think we all need to remember a few things about this 2021 class...

1) None of them have ever known the Zags to be anything BUT a top 25 team.
    2) The last time the Zags lost in round 1... they were 4 years old.
    3) Since they were 11 they Zags have done nothing less that the Sweet 16, with 2 Elite 8s, and a NC runner-up.

So, if you want to be negative and down on the Zags ability to recruit... try looking at the Zags from the perspective of these kids. You are likely projecting your vision of what you THINK GU recruiting is based on decades of history... they just KNOW the Zags are good... all... the... time.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Damn....I wish I was 12........knowing what I know now...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Damn....I wish I was 12........knowing what I know now...
    Doesn't it make you feel powerful tho?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    It's the new America. If you don't like what somebody thinks, you ostracize them.( To shut them up) Seems fascist to me. Welcome to the new America.
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post

3) Since they were 11 they Zags have done nothing less that the Sweet 16, with 2 Elite 8s, and a NC runner-up.

So, if you want to be negative and down on the Zags ability to recruit... try looking at the Zags from the perspective of these kids. You are likely projecting your vision of what you THINK GU recruiting is based on decades of history... they just KNOW the Zags are good... all... the... time.
    This is a key point.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post

LIZF I do believe you are hitting the nail on the head...WE know the past but these youngsters are just too young to have the same past memories...very accurate and that might well make recruits more interested in GU.

TJ Wainwright - 2021 3-star PG

Dinos Trigonis @trigonis30

Coming off an impressive summer where he was selected to Top 60 Game at @PangosAACamp & all-tourney team at @thefantastic40, 6-3 2021 TJ Wainwright (Westchester/Los Angeles) will unofficial UC-Santa Barbara (Aug 30) & Gonzaga (Sept 27-28) @EvanDaniels @JoshGershon @coreyevans_10

https://twitter.com/trigonis30/statu...472000000?s=20

https://247sports.com/Player/TJ-Wainwright-46076621/

Still some buzz around Christie? Duke seems to have him as a top target and he just visited Michigan State over the weekend. Amazing skill set for the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Still some buzz around Christie? Duke seems to have him as a top target and he just visited Michigan State over the weekend. Amazing skill set for the modern game.
    Few loves Christie, like LOVES Christie, but it is going to be really really hard now that Duke has fully locked in on him.

Wasn't familar with Isael Silva but after reading this evaluation he sounds like a perfect fit for the Zags. I also like the fact that he needs some time to mature so less likely to be a one and done.

Evaluation

Average size for a point guard. Still developing and needs more strength. Not an explosive athlete, but a fluid athlete with tremendous body control. Off-the-charts vision and passing ability. Scores from all three levels. Top-level ballhandler who can go left with authority and finish with the left. Savvy defender, but must become more physical. Has the potential to be a first-round NBA draft choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Marconi View Post
    Wasn't familar with Isael Silva but after reading this evaluation he sounds like a perfect fit for the Zags. I also like the fact that he needs some time to mature so less likely to be a one and done.

Evaluation

Average size for a point guard. Still developing and needs more strength. Not an explosive athlete, but a fluid athlete with tremendous body control. Off-the-charts vision and passing ability. Scores from all three levels. Top-level ballhandler who can go left with authority and finish with the left. Savvy defender, but must become more physical. Has the potential to be a first-round NBA draft choice.
    I would keep an eye on this one.

Roger Powell was in yesterday and I got an update about this visit after. Could be a name to start watching.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...25876094914562

Caldwell, is a Christie visit less likely than it appeared a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Caldwell, is a Christie visit less likely than it appeared a month ago?
    I would say we have work to do if we end up with a visit at this point. There is a chance, as there is interest from both sides, but the Duke interest is real.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    1- Max Christie
    2- Chet Holmgren
    3- Paola Banchero
    4- Nathan Bittle
    5- Devin Askew
    6- Isa Silva
    7- Peyton Watson
    8- Ben Gregg
    9- Caleb Furst

I told you earlier in the summer I would have something for you, but things got busy. Here is a list of names that keep getting brought up. I put them in order from most likely to be a Zag to back up plan. I think if you do some research on Christie you will know why the staff is so high on him. Plus Holmgren is planning to take an official visit to Gonzaga at the same time as one of his high school teammates. Good stuff going on right now.
    If I had to reorder this as of today, recruiting landscape changes fast!

1- Chet Holmgren -- I would say this is about 70%.
    2- Paola Banchero -- I would put us at about 30%
    3- Charles Bediako
    4- Nathan Bittle
    5- Isa Silva
    6- Peyton Watson
    7- Max Christie
    8- Devin Askew
    9- Ben Gregg
    10- Caleb Furst

Caldwell,

Just curious in your opinion how much (if at all) will it impact Holmgren's decision if/when Suggs commits?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagSwag View Post
    Caldwell,

Just curious in your opinion how much (if at all) will it impact Holmgren's decision if/when Suggs commits?
    Not sure there will be a direct correlation, but it sure will not hurt.