2- Chet Holmgren
    3- Paola Banchero
    4- Nathan Bittle
    5- Devin Askew
    6- Isa Silva
    7- Peyton Watson
    8- Ben Gregg
    9- Caleb Furst

I told you earlier in the summer I would have something for you, but things got busy. Here is a list of names that keep getting brought up. I put them in order from most likely to be a Zag to back up plan. I think if you do some research on Christie you will know why the staff is so high on him. Plus Holmgren is planning to take an official visit to Gonzaga at the same time as one of his high school teammates. Good stuff going on right now.

Thanks Caldwell.

Help my dusty ol' noggin':

Bittle & Gregg are the Oregon kids, correct? I thought GU was Gregg's dream school, but you've got him down the list. Did I flip them?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Banchero's first name ends in o. Paola would be a girl's name.

Max Christie = Klay Thompson

Devin Askew = Deron Williams

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Thanks Caldwell.

Help my dusty ol' noggin':

Bittle & Gregg are the Oregon kids, correct? I thought GU was Gregg's dream school, but you've got him down the list. Did I flip them?
    From what I recall, you are correct and Gregg has mentioned that GU is his dream school. I also remember Caldwell mentioning that Gregg has performed poorly in front of our staff (any please correct me if I'm wrong).

Personally, I pretty high on Gregg as a multi-year prospect and hope he ends up as a Zag (in addition to some other high profile guys). I feel like a decent number of people on the boards hold up Joe Harris as a classic missed opportunity type of recruit, but I think that Gregg has the most potential to drive Zag fans insane in that way down the road if he commits elsewhere. Harris wasn't even rated in the ESPN 100 of his class whereas Gregg is currently 30th.

Max Christie #1 on the list as most likely to be a Zag? He has 5 crystal balls, all for Duke, between May & August. I understand why the staff is high on him, but is there evidence that he is high on us?

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    1- Max Christie
    2- Chet Holmgren
    3- Paola Banchero
    4- Nathan Bittle
    5- Devin Askew
    6- Isa Silva
    7- Peyton Watson
    8- Ben Gregg
    9- Caleb Furst

I told you earlier in the summer I would have something for you, but things got busy. Here is a list of names that keep getting brought up. I put them in order from most likely to be a Zag to back up plan. I think if you do some research on Christie you will know why the staff is so high on him. Plus Holmgren is planning to take an official visit to Gonzaga at the same time as one of his high school teammates. Good stuff going on right now.
    I'd take any 3 of these.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Max Christie #1 on the list as most likely to be a Zag? He has 5 crystal balls, all for Duke, between May & August. I understand why the staff is high on him, but is there evidence that he is high on us?
    Dude its like super early in the recruiting process. The guys at 247 don't know #### this early on in the process because chances are the kid hasn't thought that far ahead. And much like Walker Kessler the guys over at the devils den (which makes up half of Christie's and half of Walkers predictions) will automatically make a prediction of Duke if they hear a recruit is interested.

We’ve had good luck recruiting from Illinois, so let’s hope we snag another good one!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Dude its like super early in the recruiting process. The guys at 247 don't know #### this early on in the process because chances are the kid hasn't thought that far ahead. And much like Walker Kessler the guys over at the devils den (which makes up half of Christie's and half of Walkers predictions) will automatically make a prediction of Duke if they hear a recruit is interested.
    247 does it every time! Fun site but they really have very little inside info regarding early recruiting. I wish i could say it was an educated guess on their part but that would be a stretch. Not really fair to 247, none of the sites know much early on.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    247 does it every time! Fun site but they really have very little inside info regarding early recruiting. I wish i could say it was an educated guess on their part but that would be a stretch. Not really fair to 247, none of the sites know much early on.
    So true!

Isn’t Askew a hold back? Seem to recall him playing 2020 with Kyree Walker? on Oakland Soliders in youth AAU natty on YouTube a few years ago......Caldwell - how does GU look at holdbacks in general given the kid is a year older than most in his current class? Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    I agree for the most part. My point is more directed towards people put more faith in 247 predictions then they should.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Banchero's first name ends in o. Paola would be a girl's name.
    My bad quickly typed it up.

Sounds like a visit is getting lined up

Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post
    From what I recall, you are correct and Gregg has mentioned that GU is his dream school. I also remember Caldwell mentioning that Gregg has performed poorly in front of our staff (any please correct me if I'm wrong).

Personally, I pretty high on Gregg as a multi-year prospect and hope he ends up as a Zag (in addition to some other high profile guys). I feel like a decent number of people on the boards hold up Joe Harris as a classic missed opportunity type of recruit, but I think that Gregg has the most potential to drive Zag fans insane in that way down the road if he commits elsewhere. Harris wasn't even rated in the ESPN 100 of his class whereas Gregg is currently 30th.
    You are correct but staff is not fully sold on Gregg.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I agree for the most part. My point is more directed towards people put more faith in 247 predictions then they should.
    I agree!

How come Suggs does not have the Zags listed by his name ? He has I think 10 chrystal ball votes but it doesn't say Zags, although he has 100% of the votes, while Nix has 1 vote for ucla and they are listed beside his name. I find this hard to believe. Is this anti Zag media blowing more smoke ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    How come Suggs does not have the Zags listed by his name ? He has I think 10 chrystal ball votes but it doesn't say Zags, although he has 100% of the votes, while Nix has 1 vote for ucla and they are listed beside his name. I find this hard to believe. Is this anti Zag media blowing more smoke ?
    Its because he is a dual recruit. If you click it will also lead you to his football page. I think he only has 5 predictions but I suspect because it leads to his dual sport page is the reason he doesn't have more.

Now you see what I’m talking about with pipe dreams? This new list/mashup is about as predictive as annual New Year’s resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Now you see what I’m talking about with pipe dreams? This new list/mashup is about as predictive as annual New Year’s resolutions.
    Jazz not that I disagree as it is early in the process, but honestly most of our "pipe dreams" that I have shared with you over the last year have been pretty solid. There are a few that definitely did not pan out (Nix as we cooled on him more than him cooling on us), but put a little faith in me that I won't blow smoke up your a$$

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Jazz, you seem to have a remarkable amount of confidence based on nothing other than your own feelings about the matters.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Default A Plea for fHelp

To Jazz and to those who read his posts and have their heads explode: PLEASE STOP!

The Whelping Box is the best feature of this Board by far. It is too good to watch you guys continue to deface it.

I get the fact that nobody can help themselve -- Jazz wakes up early one morning, grabs his keyboard, and "tags" the board with short, unsourced, provocative statements that flow out of his psyche. Those posts are most often negative, confrontational, and snarky. His targets are almost always our recruits or those Board members he sees as being too optimistic about our recruiting efforts (with particular focus upon Caldwell, whose sins appear to be he is upbeat and his posts are oftentimes factual, rather than opinion, based upon personal contacts inside the program that most of us do not possess.) Then the head-blow-uppers read Jazz's posts, vow the latest Jazzicisms shall not go unanswered, grab their own keyboards, and "tag" the Board with their counter-Jazzicisms. Then those members who admire Jazz or his "tags" (I'm SO tempted to call them tweets) grab their own keyboards and join the fray. The net result of all this is we end up with threads that may be entitled "Suggs", "Kessler", or "Nix," but in content they all become cyber billboards that have been defaced by way too many taggers.

I would love to think that a simple plea to keep the Whelping Box free of such drivel would correct the problem, but experience has convinced me it is not. Is it time to create a separate area of the Board -- call it "The Contrarians," "The Gloom 'n Doomers," or simply "All That Jazz" -- where the cybertaggers can post to their hearts' delight? I wish it would work, but like in the bricks and mortar world, the first commandment for a tagger is to be seen. How many of us would make regular visits to such a repository of wisdom?

ps: If there is a way a poster can edit his/her post to correct a typo in the title of his/her post (like, for instance, "fHelp"), I'd love to hear about it!
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Ok, SLO. I’m going to take a few months off from this delusional thread, I will just stick to the main board. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    To Jazz and to those who read his posts and have their heads explode: PLEASE STOP!

The Whelping Box is the best feature of this Board by far. It is too good to watch you guys continue to deface it.

I get the fact that nobody can help themselve -- Jazz wakes up early one morning, grabs his keyboard, and "tags" the board with short, unsourced, provocative statements that flow out of his psyche. Those posts are most often negative, confrontational, and snarky. His targets are almost always our recruits or those Board members he sees as being too optimistic about our recruiting efforts (with particular focus upon Caldwell, whose sins appear to be he is upbeat and his posts are oftentimes factual, rather than opinion, based upon personal contacts inside the program that most of us do not possess.) Then the head-blow-uppers read Jazz's posts, vow the latest Jazzicisms shall not go unanswered, grab their own keyboards, and "tag" the Board with their counter-Jazzicisms. Then those members who admire Jazz or his "tags" (I'm SO tempted to call them tweets) grab their own keyboards and join the fray. The net result of all this is we end up with threads that may be entitled "Suggs", "Kessler", or "Nix," but in content they all become cyber billboards that have been defaced by way too many taggers.

I would love to think that a simple plea to keep the Whelping Box free of such drivel would correct the problem, but experience has convinced me it is not. Is it time to create a separate area of the Board -- call it "The Contrarians," "The Gloom 'n Doomers," or simply "All That Jazz" -- where the cybertaggers can post to their hearts' delight? I wish it would work, but like in the bricks and mortar world, the first commandment for a tagger is to be seen. How many of us would make regular visits to such a repository of wisdom?

ps: If there is a way a poster can edit his/her post to correct a typo in the title of his/her post (like, for instance, "fHelp"), I'd love to hear about it!