Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 140

Thread: 2021 Recruits That You Should Know

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    The stopped recruiting Green due to Clarke's commitment. I think Askew to Louisville is the most likely scenario.
    I disagree entirely. Askew will reclassify to 2020 with this early of a commitment and will play for Kentucky.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I disagree entirely. Askew will reclassify to 2020 with this early of a commitment and will play for Kentucky.
    He could. I just know that Gonzaga has been trying to push to get Askew to at least visit and now this is not good news for Gonzaga. I don't follow Louisville or Kentucky recruiting much, but I know Gonzaga recruiting and Askew to GU is dang near done!

    My gut is Louisville and I believe reclassification is a possibility, part of what we were wanting is him not to reclassify and be in 2021, but moving up a decision date does look like 2020 and he has only visited Louisville.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    He could. I just know that Gonzaga has been trying to push to get Askew to at least visit and now this is not good news for Gonzaga. I don't follow Louisville or Kentucky recruiting much, but I know Gonzaga recruiting and Askew to GU is dang near done!

    My gut is Louisville and I believe reclassification is a possibility, part of what we were wanting is him not to reclassify and be in 2021, but moving up a decision date does look like 2020 and he has only visited Louisville.
    I've spoken with a couple sources and they say since Kentucky's recruiting class for 2020 is filling up, recruits that are really wanting to go there are having to pull the trigger alot quicker.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I've spoken with a couple sources and they say since Kentucky's recruiting class for 2020 is filling up, recruits that are really wanting to go there are having to pull the trigger alot quicker.
    Again you could be right, I don't follow Kentucky or Louisville, I get that news after the fact. My sources are strictly GU guys and that's what I know. I just was reading between the lines of visit and moving up the decision date. I very easily could be wrong.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,611

    Default

    It must be nice to roll out of bed as a Kentucky coach and be in the conversation for a top 5 player at every position, year in and year out...


    I know that even Coach K and Coach Cal have to work for it still, and it took effort to be where they are, but it feels great as a Zag fan to even be in the conversation on some of these same recruits.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Horse shoes, hand grenades......college BB recruiting?
    Ric Ocasek (RIP) successfully recruited Paulina Porizkova so there's that.

    Gonzaga is miles more attractive for college bound basketball players than Ric was for the girls.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Anything on Bittle?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Also, does Jaden Jones crack the list?

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Anything on Bittle?
    We meet with Bittle last week. Things are still progressing. He is going to be hard to get out of Oregon, but we are doing due diligence.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Also, does Jaden Jones crack the list?
    He is a newer name that I briefly heard, saw on Twitter we meet with him, but have not verified if this is true or not. I will try to make a call and get some more names and interest levels.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    If I had to reorder this as of today, recruiting landscape changes fast!


    1- Chet Holmgren -- I would say this is about 70%.
    2- Paola Banchero -- I would put us at about 30%
    3- Charles Bediako
    4- Nathan Bittle
    5- Isa Silva
    6- Peyton Watson
    7- Max Christie
    8- Devin Askew
    9- Ben Gregg
    10- Caleb Furst
    Just reading back through this and realized 70 + 30 equals 100% chance of landing Chet and Paolo, I like them odds.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Just reading back through this and realized 70 + 30 equals 100% chance of landing Chet and Paolo, I like them odds.
    Unfortunately, that's not how math works. If above odds are correct, 21% chance of getting both. .7 x .3 = .21. Also 21% chance of getting neither (same math in reverse, .3 x .7). That leaves 58% chance of getting one or the other. Still, 79% chance of getting one or both (58 +21) is pretty nice.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Unfortunately, that's not how math works. If above odds are correct, 21% chance of getting both. .7 x .3 = .21. Also 21% chance of getting neither (same math in reverse, .3 x .7). That leaves 58% chance of getting one or the other. Still, 79% chance of getting one or both (58 +21) is pretty nice.
    So what you're saying is, 21% of the time we get them every time.

    ETA: BDMiller, be careful in Vegas

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Unfortunately, that's not how math works. If above odds are correct, 21% chance of getting both. .7 x .3 = .21. Also 21% chance of getting neither (same math in reverse, .3 x .7). That leaves 58% chance of getting one or the other. Still, 79% chance of getting one or both (58 +21) is pretty nice.
    Thank you but I know how math works, that was a joke.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Thank you but I know how math works, that was a joke.
    OK. My bad.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    OK. My bad.
    No problem. Even after you crunched the numbers I'm still happy with those odds for 2 players of that quality.

  17. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    No problem. Even after you crunched the numbers I'm still happy with those odds for 2 players of that quality.
    that's assuming caldwell's odds are accurate...i would say he tends to be on the optimistic side, though not quite jazz in reverse.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    that's assuming caldwell's odds are accurate...i would say he tends to be on the optimistic side, though not quite jazz in reverse.
    Fantastical.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    that's assuming caldwell's odds are accurate...i would say he tends to be on the optimistic side, though not quite jazz in reverse.
    My odds are not accurate, they are just my thoughts based off the feel I have from my sources. I wouldn't use them for any mathematics calculation.

    That being said I think we are in a really good spot with Chet and Kraziness will be very important for his recruitment. As I was hinting at last week with Kessler not visiting, as of now Chet, Jalen, Julian, and Dom will all four be on campus for Kraziness. Looks like a great weekend and as of today those will be the only recruits on hand formally.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Chet 100% gonna stay 2021?

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Chet 100% gonna stay 2021?
    I have not heard, but I think (my opinion here) he would be wise to stay in 2021 to get a little stronger.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    those will be the only recruits on hand formally.
    I wonder if any will be there informally...

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I wonder if any will be there informally...
    Rumblings of a couple unofficial visits, but nothing confirmed.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    And there is a really big push for one elite 2021 prospect to make an official visit, just not at Kraziness.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Chet has a solid chance to be the number one recruit in that 2021 class with rumblings of Jonathan Kuminga reclassifying to 2020. How fun would that would be to see Gonzaga haul in the top recruit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •