Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruits That You Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    And there is a really big push for one elite 2021 prospect to make an official visit, just not at Kraziness.
    Are you referring to blanchero in January? Or maybe someone else?

Hold on, you’ve been touting they’ll be a ton of kids at Krazy. You can’t count the 2 kids WHO HAVE ALREADY SIGNED as kids you’re predicting will come.

My odds are not accurate, they are just my thoughts based off the feel I have from my sources. I wouldn't use them for any mathematics calculation.

That being said I think we are in a really good spot with Chet and Kraziness will be very important for his recruitment. As I was hinting at last week with Kessler not visiting, as of now Chet, Jalen, Julian, and Dom will all four be on campus for Kraziness. Looks like a great weekend and as of today those will be the only recruits on hand formally.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Hold on, you’ve been touting they’ll be a ton of kids at Krazy. You can’t count the 2 kids WHO HAVE ALREADY SIGNED as kids you’re predicting will come.
    I was trying to find where I posted it, but I would say I was pretty dang close. I said 2 5 stars for sure (Chet and Jalen) and most likely 3 (Kessler) or 4. That was before us and Kessler mutually agreed Gonzaga was not the choice. Hmm Jazz I would say that's a pretty good crew of 5 stars and I wasn't that far off. But what the hell do I know!!

I was trying to find where I posted it, but I would say I was pretty dang close. I said 2 5 stars for sure (Chet and Jalen) and most likely 3 (Kessler) or 4. That was before us and Kessler mutually agreed Gonzaga was not the choice. Hmm Jazz I would say that's a pretty good crew of 5 stars and I wasn't that far off. But what the hell do I know!!
    So you’re off by two when it comes to 5 stars. For now. The others are 4 stars, as you know. Right? I don’t think I’d call two 5 stars a “crew.” I do agree with your rhetorical question, however. So Kessler fell into Roy’s lap thanks to us? That’s absurd.

Here you go Jazz from September 4th in the Suggs thread

"Yes, two are 100% locked in, the 3rd is very close, then 4th is 50/50, and the 5th is a longer shot, but he is a name that has recently emerged in the inner circles as a priority."

3rd one at the time was Chet, Kessler was locked in at the time, but recruiting changes in a heartbeat. At the time the 4th one was Devin Askew, but his recent back and forth on when he is going to commit or not commit or what year has left us hanging a little. The 5th one was Max Christie and we are still working on getting him on campus. This doesn't include Paolo who will be on campus (has been already as well), Bittle who we would like to get on campus, or Ben Gregg who is a 4 star recruit. Not to mention a boat load of other top 50 guys we have been on lately that have not even been discussed in that much detail. There is a guard who could join the class of 2020 to play along side Suggs, Harris, and Strawther, not a back up plan but a 5 star guy to play along side of them and we are working on getting him on campus as well.

Pipe dreams I know, but at least the pipe I am smoking has some substance to it and not just a loud mouth!

So you’re off by two when it comes to 5 stars. For now. The others are 4 stars, as you know. Right? I don’t think I’d call two 5 stars a “crew.” I do agree with your rhetorical question, however.
    Very few schools outside of Duke and Kentucky get more than two 5 star recruits in a year. I would call it a crew! Add them to some top end 4 star guys and damn that team looks good.

My mistake. You’ve shrunk from 5 to 2.

"Yes, two are 100% locked in, the 3rd is very close, then 4th is 50/50, and the 5th is a longer shot, but he is a name that has recently emerged in the inner circles as a priority."

3rd one at the time was Chet, Kessler was locked in at the time, but recruiting changes in a heartbeat. At the time the 4th one was Devin Askew, but his recent back and forth on when he is going to commit or not commit or what year has left us hanging a little. The 5th one was Max Christie and we are still working on getting him on campus. This doesn't include Paolo who will be on campus (has been already as well), Bittle who we would like to get on campus, or Ben Gregg who is a 4 star recruit. Not to mention a boat load of other top 50 guys we have been on lately that have not even been discussed in that much detail. There is a guard who could join the class of 2020 to play along side Suggs, Harris, and Strawther, not a back up plan but a 5 star guy to play along side of them and we are working on getting him on campus as well.

Pipe dreams I know, but at least the pipe I am smoking has some substance to it and not just a loud mouth!

Yep you are right Jazz, is that what you want me to say. It is #### like this that makes me want to stay off technology altogether. I try to bring you the insight that I have and what do I get loud mouths who sit behind a keyboard and try to push buttons. That is one of the many problems with our society right there, sit behind a keyboard and run our mouths.

Yep you are right Jazz, is that what you want me to say. It is #### like this that makes me want to stay off technology altogether. I try to bring you the insight that I have and what do I get loud mouths who sit behind a keyboard and try to push buttons. That is one of the many problems with our society right there, sit behind a keyboard and run our mouths.
    Just block him and move on. Trolls will be trolls and few people here actually respect the postings of a troll.

You do great work and have shared more than most any one else. Thank you for your fine work on this board.

Great info as always. My pipe dream is getting Christie on campus.

Congratulations, jazz. In your desire to prove yourself right and everyone else wrong, you've accomplished, what, exactly? Apparently its more important to prove someone wrong than it is to have someone who is willing to share some measure of information about what is going on behind the scenes.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Please notice the last sentence regarding "another 5 star guy" who will hopefully be coming to campus at some point as well. He is a real possibility.

Jazz: I have defended you several times as everyone is entitled to their opinion. In this case though, you aren't stating any opinion rather just being a jerk. Don't ruin this for everyone as Caldwell brings essentially all of the recruiting insight to this board and we don't want him to vanish again. No reason to respond here Jazz, honestly.

Please don't punish the rest of us who love reading your posts. Just block him like the rest of us do and move on.

I still don't understand why caldwell was defending jazz's nonsense not too long ago. I come to the Welping Box to read about the possibilities, not to wallow in angst.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I still don't understand why caldwell was defending jazz's nonsense not too long ago. I come to the Welping Box to read about the possibilities, not to wallow in angst.
    I agree. A couple of weeks ago when everyone was dog piling on Jazz, Caldwell was one of the few to speak up in defense.

I know a lot of this boils down to the "glass half full" vs "glass half empty" mentalities, but we all need to remember everything posted on this forum is speculation.

If any of us had concrete, irrefutable information to share more than likely it would have already been communicated from news outlets.

Apparently you can take the boy out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the boy.

Caldwell, thanks for the information and insight you provide. Most of us appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Apparently you can take the boy out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the boy.

Caldwell, thanks for the information and insight you provide. Most of us appreciate it.
    Nicest thing you’ve ever said, May.

Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post
    Just block him and move on. Trolls will be trolls and few people here actually respect the postings of a troll.

You do great work and have shared more than most any one else. Thank you for your fine work on this board.
    That's what I was thinking, the rest of us have already blocked him. I just see what he says when someone responds now. As a moderator are you not allowed to block people?

Nicest thing you’ve ever said, May.
    I often enjoy your witty repartee. Often, but not always.

This has nothing to do with incorrect information. The original post was accurate as laid out by Caldwell.

Jazz is misrepresenting his post and then criticizing claims that were never made.

The only claim that wasn’t backed up was Jazz saying he would leave the whelping box. You said you would leave, and everyone rejoiced. Then you left for a matter of days and everyone rejoiced. Then you came back saying you were only back for one specific reason and said you would leave again. Everyone said, “good.” Then you didn’t leave.

Leave.

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    Sep 21
    In day order, five-star guard Kennedy Chandler will have the following schools in to see him, his father told
    @Stockrisers
    : Michigan (Monday), LSU (Wednesday), Kansas’ Bill Self (Wednesday), and Gonzaga (Thursday).

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    That's what I was thinking, the rest of us have already blocked him. I just see what he says when someone responds now. As a moderator are you not allowed to block people?
    I don't know if I can block him as a moderator as if he post something that needs him banned then I need to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagSwag View Post
    I agree. A couple of weeks ago when everyone was dog piling on Jazz, Caldwell was one of the few to speak up in defense.

I know a lot of this boils down to the "glass half full" vs "glass half empty" mentalities, but we all need to remember everything posted on this forum is speculation.

If any of us had concrete, irrefutable information to share more than likely it would have already been communicated from news outlets.
    That's the funniest part to me, I had Jazz's back. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it's educated or not. But come on Jazz, seriously the recruiting world changes in minutes and I try to provide information, for free by the way, as soon as I get it. When I posted it there were talks in the work, not all of them came to be, but I own that and even threw out the names today which is not my normal MO as that's the job of the recruit. I knew Chet was coming to Kraziness weeks ago, but let him announce it, I just hinted at it.

Jazz grow up man!! Pretty plain and simple if you want to be so negative and direct it at me bring it. Then evertime I am right I will make sure I post an FU post just to Jazz. Yep I am getting personal here but come on man!! Seriously get out of your own way and get over yourself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    Sep 21
    In day order, five-star guard Kennedy Chandler will have the following schools in to see him, his father told
    @Stockrisers
    : Michigan (Monday), LSU (Wednesday), Kansas’ Bill Self (Wednesday), and Gonzaga (Thursday).
    Really like this right here. Roger is doing some work and the Paolo and Kennedy pairing is something we are looking at.

I don't know if I can block him as a moderator as if he post something that needs him banned then I need to see that.
    Here's logic for yas! lolol Everyone, Jazz is fine. Nothings' different. SOme on this board are 50-50 in their predictions or "facts". This board is smallish change and surely nothing to get your blood up for. Jazz bring balance. Banning him is just stupid talk. He's done nothing wrong and is within guidelines.
    So he bring a different mindset the pollyanas like. We be big boys here. We encourage diverse opinions. And I suspect some get a bit "itchy" when someone interrupts a dream or two. As one who knows, kids do unusual things at the last minute. I doubt anyone seriously holds someone else to certainty.

Carry on. Fellas and gals,, this is really nothing.