Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2021 Recruits That You Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    The stopped recruiting Green due to Clarke's commitment. I think Askew to Louisville is the most likely scenario.
    I disagree entirely. Askew will reclassify to 2020 with this early of a commitment and will play for Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I disagree entirely. Askew will reclassify to 2020 with this early of a commitment and will play for Kentucky.
    He could. I just know that Gonzaga has been trying to push to get Askew to at least visit and now this is not good news for Gonzaga. I don't follow Louisville or Kentucky recruiting much, but I know Gonzaga recruiting and Askew to GU is dang near done!

My gut is Louisville and I believe reclassification is a possibility, part of what we were wanting is him not to reclassify and be in 2021, but moving up a decision date does look like 2020 and he has only visited Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    He could. I just know that Gonzaga has been trying to push to get Askew to at least visit and now this is not good news for Gonzaga. I don't follow Louisville or Kentucky recruiting much, but I know Gonzaga recruiting and Askew to GU is dang near done!

My gut is Louisville and I believe reclassification is a possibility, part of what we were wanting is him not to reclassify and be in 2021, but moving up a decision date does look like 2020 and he has only visited Louisville.
    I've spoken with a couple sources and they say since Kentucky's recruiting class for 2020 is filling up, recruits that are really wanting to go there are having to pull the trigger alot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I've spoken with a couple sources and they say since Kentucky's recruiting class for 2020 is filling up, recruits that are really wanting to go there are having to pull the trigger alot quicker.
    Again you could be right, I don't follow Kentucky or Louisville, I get that news after the fact. My sources are strictly GU guys and that's what I know. I just was reading between the lines of visit and moving up the decision date. I very easily could be wrong.

It must be nice to roll out of bed as a Kentucky coach and be in the conversation for a top 5 player at every position, year in and year out...

I know that even Coach K and Coach Cal have to work for it still, and it took effort to be where they are, but it feels great as a Zag fan to even be in the conversation on some of these same recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Horse shoes, hand grenades......college BB recruiting?
    Ric Ocasek (RIP) successfully recruited Paulina Porizkova so there's that.

Gonzaga is miles more attractive for college bound basketball players than Ric was for the girls.

Anything on Bittle?

Also, does Jaden Jones crack the list?

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Anything on Bittle?
    We meet with Bittle last week. Things are still progressing. He is going to be hard to get out of Oregon, but we are doing due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Also, does Jaden Jones crack the list?
    He is a newer name that I briefly heard, saw on Twitter we meet with him, but have not verified if this is true or not. I will try to make a call and get some more names and interest levels.