Thread: NCAA Team of the Decade

Hybrid View

Default NCAA Team of the Decade

If anyone interested there is an ongoing mock tournament at NCAA.com. Andy Katz selected his best 64 teams and then seeded them. He chose his 5 best players from each school over the past 10 years. I think the winners are determined by fan vote. You do have to have a Twitter account or make one which to me is a drag. Gonzaga has a 4 seed. The players are Pangos, Clarke, Rui, Williams-Goss, and Olynyk. Gonzaga beat Nevada in the first round but it doesn't show that yet on the page. In the comments people also suggested Sabonis, Perkins, Karnowski, Wiltjer and Collins. Some people also said our second five could beat most teams. It seems to go by college careers in choosing the players.

In my park Sabonis gets picked first

Quote Originally Posted by gon2mt View Post
    If anyone interested there is an ongoing mock tournament at NCAA.com. Andy Katz selected his best 64 teams and then seeded them. He chose his 5 best players from each school over the past 10 years. I think the winners are determined by fan vote. You do have to have a Twitter account or make one which to me is a drag. Gonzaga has a 4 seed. The players are Pangos, Clarke, Rui, Williams-Goss, and Olynyk. Gonzaga beat Nevada in the first round but it doesn't show that yet on the page. In the comments people also suggested Sabonis, Perkins, Karnowski, Wiltjer and Collins. Some people also said our second five could beat most teams. It seems to go by college careers in choosing the players.

Not gonna' disagree with you Jazz, but who would you replace in that group & why?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Not gonna' disagree with you Jazz, but who would you replace in that group & why?
    KP not quite the level of the other 4 and the Bonus uber alles. I know, it’s by position.

some recency bias on the GU squad. Biggest question mark is Sabonis vs. Clarke and Wiltjer vs Hachimura. I'd take Kyle over Rui based solely on play during GU career.

ZZ

It may seem to be by position but looking at the other teams I don't think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    KP not quite the level of the other 4 and the Bonus uber alles. I know, it’s by position.
    I agree.

A top 5 team from this generation - leaving aside the giants of the distant pass - must include Sabonis. I also think I move out Rui in favor of Wiltjer.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I actually hate the per 40 numbers. Players stats are what they are. Collins had the luxury of being able to play with abandonment knowing he was allowed foul trouble to not be a concern. Olynyk was, is, and will always be a better Zag player than Collins in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk