• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gon2mt
    Bulldog Fan
    • Dec 2012

NCAA Team of the Decade

If anyone interested there is an ongoing mock tournament at NCAA.com. Andy Katz selected his best 64 teams and then seeded them. He chose his 5 best players from each school over the past 10 years. I think the winners are determined by fan vote. You do have to have a Twitter account or make one which to me is a drag. Gonzaga has a 4 seed. The players are Pangos, Clarke, Rui, Williams-Goss, and Olynyk. Gonzaga beat Nevada in the first round but it doesn't show that yet on the page. In the comments people also suggested Sabonis, Perkins, Karnowski, Wiltjer and Collins. Some people also said our second five could beat most teams. It seems to go by college careers in choosing the players.
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

In my park Sabonis gets picked first

Originally posted by gon2mt View Post
    If anyone interested there is an ongoing mock tournament at NCAA.com. Andy Katz selected his best 64 teams and then seeded them. He chose his 5 best players from each school over the past 10 years. I think the winners are determined by fan vote. You do have to have a Twitter account or make one which to me is a drag. Gonzaga has a 4 seed. The players are Pangos, Clarke, Rui, Williams-Goss, and Olynyk. Gonzaga beat Nevada in the first round but it doesn't show that yet on the page. In the comments people also suggested Sabonis, Perkins, Karnowski, Wiltjer and Collins. Some people also said our second five could beat most teams. It seems to go by college careers in choosing the players.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Not gonna' disagree with you Jazz, but who would you replace in that group & why?
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
        Not gonna' disagree with you Jazz, but who would you replace in that group & why?
        KP not quite the level of the other 4 and the Bonus uber alles. I know, it’s by position.

Comment

• zagzilla
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

some recency bias on the GU squad. Biggest question mark is Sabonis vs. Clarke and Wiltjer vs Hachimura. I'd take Kyle over Rui based solely on play during GU career.

ZZ

Comment

• gon2mt
            Bulldog Fan
            • Dec 2012

It may seem to be by position but looking at the other teams I don't think it is.

Comment

• gon2mt
              Bulldog Fan
              • Dec 2012

Zags play Auburn next. Hopefully get enough votes. By talent should win that game.

Comment

• webspinnre
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I'd probably swap out Rui for Domas as well, good as Rui was. Rui isn't that much more of a "3" than Kelly.
                I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• ZAG 4 LIFE
                  Kennel Club
                  • Nov 2014

Domas for Kelly... Good luck getting a rebound against that group.

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Jul 2019

Perkins for KP anyday!

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                      KP not quite the level of the other 4 and the Bonus uber alles. I know, it’s by position.
                      I agree.

A top 5 team from this generation - leaving aside the giants of the distant pass - must include Sabonis. I also think I move out Rui in favor of Wiltjer.
                      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
                        Perkins for KP anyday!
                        Neither comes up to the level of NWG, the Bonus, KO, BC, Rui. KW and Collins ahead of them as well.

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Jul 2019

Neither comes up to the level of NWG, the Bonus, KO, BC, Rui. KW and Collins ahead of them as well.
                          I'd like to think you'd need some guards on a basketball team.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
                            I'd like to think you'd need some guards on a basketball team.
                            This a fantasy team. Besides, NWG can run the show with help from KO or even KW. Welcome to position-less hoops.

Comment

• soccerdud
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jul 2009

This a fantasy team. Besides, NWG can run the show with help from KO or even KW. Welcome to position-less hoops.
                              you can choose your own criteria, for sure. but i'm with zrw-- positions don't matter if you're discussing who's on mount rushmore, but are pertinent when the original topic has to do with seeding and predicting a fantasy tournament.

few's never shown any interest or willingness in playing a lineup bigger than wiltjer/sabonis/karno-- which was a huge flop until he gave it up. the names look nice together in a list, but the basketball would likely be awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X