Thread: 2021 Potential Recruit -- Tyler Linhardt

Default 2021 Potential Recruit -- Tyler Linhardt

I have no idea as to whether the staff is following this kid, but it appears Tyler Linhardt had a heck of a visit to GU for one of the summer camps.

The Kings High School team -- Corey Kispert's h.s. alma mater -- attended the camp, and their coach described the rebuilding job he has for next fall: "We’re got some skilled guys, but we’re young,” [head coach] Skeen said. “Youth always has some challenges. But if you’re going to be young, you should be young and skilled.” That is an apt description of sophomore Tyler Linhardt, who made quite the impression during his freshman season. Linhardt was the lone freshman to earn first-team, all-league recognition.

Skeen noted that Linhardt, a 6-foot-7 forward, already has received a Division I offer from Eastern Washington, the first 2022 prospect in Washington to receive an offer. A highly regarded two-year school in Idaho that is viewed as a stepping stone to Division I ball also contacted Linhardt. “A lot of people are calling and watching,” Skeen said. “He’s definitely on the radar. He hasn’t started his sophomore year of school.”

An obvious comparison that arises is between King’s graduate Corey Kispert, now at Gonzaga, and Linhardt. Skeen said there are similarities and differences between the two. “But both are very skilled offensively. They do it a little bit differently,” Skeen said. “Corey’s a pure shooter. … Tyler’s game is score inside, score outside, score in the midrange. He’s just got a really aggressive mindset. He’s got a nose for putting the ball in the hole.”

During the Knights’ annual trip to Gonzaga, Linhardt turned heads after scoring 39 points against 4A Kamiak. Because of his overall impressive play at camp, Linhardt was selected to participate in a scrimmage with some of the Gonzaga players, including Kispert. “Two of the 10 players on the court were from King’s,” Skeen said. “It makes a coach proud.”

Linhardt spent the offseason working on what most young players his age work on – defense. “His rebounding has really improved a lot,” Skeen added. “He’s really strong on the boards.”

https://edmondsbeacon.villagesoup.co...etball/1827639
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Sounds good to me... I'm sure he's on the GU staff's radar now.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Sounds good to me... I'm sure he's on the GU staff's radar now.
    The kid looks like and plays a lot like Mike Daum, will likely end up around same size.

Watched 7 different highlight videos and there is some upside, intrigue to his game. Needs to grow another 2" though yet is still young.

Doesnt remind me of Kispert at all...

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    The kid looks like and plays a lot like Mike Daum, will likely end up around same size.

Watched 7 different highlight videos and there is some upside, intrigue to his game. Needs to grow another 2" though yet is still young.

Doesnt remind me of Kispert at all...
    Not trying to hyjack this thread but did Mike Daum get drafted? If so by whom?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

Thanks
    No Daum went undrafted and signed a professional contract to play professionally in Spain. He was with the Trailblazers I believe for summer league.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...in/1848483001/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    No Daum went undrafted and signed a professional contract to play professionally in Spain. He was with the Trailblazers I believe for summer league.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...in/1848483001/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    THANKS!!! Thought he might of had a chance but the NBA might just be too quick for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

Thanks
    Who cares if Daum got drafted or not ? He scored over 3,000 points at the college level. If this kid can score anywhere near 3,000 points here at Gonzaga, I would love to have him. I do not care about the NBA, I love college basketball. To many people worry to much about this guy or that guy playing in the NBA instead of just enjoying watching them while they are here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Who cares if Daum got drafted or not ? He scored over 3,000 points at the college level. If this kid can score anywhere near 3,000 points here at Gonzaga, I would love to have him. I do not care about the NBA, I love college basketball. To many people worry to much about this guy or that guy playing in the NBA instead of just enjoying watching them while they are here.
    Whether he got drafted or not has no bearing on my Quality of Life BUT he is such a good kid and played so well at the college level, I was hoping he would be able to transfer those skills to the highest level and check off one of the wishes on his "bucket list."