Thread: OT - Brandon Williams out for the season

Default OT - Brandon Williams out for the season

Posting this here so it can be moved to the future opponents thread or the general basketball thread because if I posted it there no one would see it.

This board had a ton of posts about this kid. I'm disappointed for him that he may never get his career off the ground with that knee.

Oh, man, that's brutal. This kid has had terrible luck with injuries.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Sorry for Brandon Willams.

On a somewhat related note... why in the world has NCAA not acted on Sean Miller. Isn’t “ lack of institutional control” pretty well established at this point.

Didn’t somebody on this board claim that July would be a big month (for NCAA action)?

Still waiting ....

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post

On a somewhat related note... why in the world has NCAA not acted on Sean Miller. Isn’t “ lack of institutional control” pretty well established at this point.

Didn’t somebody on this board claim that July would be a big month (for NCAA action)?

Still waiting ....
    My guess is that he was or is an informant.

Still waiting ....
    I have no idea.

No doubt, though, he possesses a ton of institutional control over cash flow coming into the university and NCAA. Not a small consideration, unfortunately.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Still waiting ....
    https://youtu.be/gyDb4szpWmc?t=314
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    That would explain why he hasn’t been indicted by the FBI but would not explain why NCAA hasn’t taken action for his violation of NCAA rules.

I keep expecting to learn the NCAA or Arizona has suspended him... I just keep reading about new recruits that have committed to AZ.

Larry K at Utah gets a knock by the NCAA for some silly violation while Sean Capone skates. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    This. Likely turned others in, gave names, conspirators, influencers, agents, brands, coaches, etc in an exchange for immunity. Probably agreed upon with NCAA and FBI.

Honestly, no other explanation given the clear cut evidence of how he was involved.

Just maybe he hasn't violated any rules and there is no recording and it is all Bull Crap....

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Larry K at Utah gets a knock by the NCAA for some silly violation while Sean Capone skates. Makes no sense.
    Utah isn't a marquee program, so it gets the Pacific/SMC treatment. Zona gets the North Carolina treatment. Makes sense from that perspective imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Just maybe he hasn't violated any rules and there is no recording and it is all Bull Crap....
    you're about the only one left who thinks this is a possibility-- and that's been true for at least 6 months.

gotta respect your determination.

I am not determined....I don't know....and neither does anyone in here....

Tons of smoke regarding Sean’s direct involvement. Regardless, given the complicity of his assistant coach there is more than enough to warrant major sanctions.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Tons of smoke regarding Sean’s direct involvement. Regardless, given the complicity of his assistant coach there is more than enough to warrant major sanctions.
    I think that's the key to me. Whether or not he actually did something, the very term "lack of institutional control" would seem to apply, as if he didn't know about any of this, he should have known.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

You might do a little reading about how the NCAA defines a lack of institutional control or a failure to monitor...

A level 1 offense or even multiple serious offenses may not lead to a finding of a lack of control or failure to monitor...

The NCAA sanctioned Alabama, Penn State and SMU football …..and a 2017 a study by Temple University over a decade or more found no discrimination on the basis of league affiliation.....penalties were consistent for all the schools....they played no favorites....argue with them....not me...
    Last edited by bartruff1; 08-08-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Whether it’s that or a different article they rely on, the penalty is likely to be severe. There are many articles out there, but this is worth a quick read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mer...t-ask-usc/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    You might do a little reading about how the NCAA defines a lack of institutional control or a failure to monitor...

A level 1 offense or even multiple serious offenses may not lead to a finding of a lack of control or failure to monitor...

The NCAA sanctioned Alabama, Penn State and SMU football …..and a 2017 a study by Temple University over a decade or more found no discrimination on the basis of league affiliation.....penalties were consistent for all the schools....they played no favorites....argue with them....not me...
    i don't think anyone here wants to argue with you... just letting you know you're carrying that banner alone. for most of us individuals (as opposed to actual rule-enforcing courts or committees), the preponderance of evidence is clear here.

the conclusion most came to is this: arizona was dirty. sean miller probably took an active hand in it, and should have known either way.

that's the position that most other people's posts on the subject start from. you can try over and over again to pull the convo back to re-litigate that basic question, but i don't think you'll get a lot of interest.

I could care less what you think...I am only responsible for a fair and accurate judgement of my own.....I am not trying to convince anyone...especially you....

If you want to have some factual information you could ask Peggy Sue.....no not Pretty pretty little Peggy Sue that Buddy Holly sang about...she died recently.....you could ask Gonzaga's Peggy Sue or Shannon or Scott or Ryan....