Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milestone Marker

Happy Birthday Dixie!

HAPPY 49TH, DIXIE

Damn Dixie... you are catching up with me. Happy B-Day
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Birthdays don't normally bother me.

But tomorrow I have my last b-day before 5-"oh" and it is bothering me far more than my b-dat at 29 and 39.

It's not like I didn't feel "middle aged" long ago. But 50 - a year away now - implies … adulthood?

Oh well, I am not wishing myself happy birthday bc it's not my birthday, and I'm not looking forward to it tomorrow.

Congrats to MMM, by the way, that is a cool post.
    happy birthday!

Bring back the OCC

Ah, so all a guy has to do is wish himself a happy b-day and everyone joins in? That's nice of y'all.

I am having a much better birthday than an hour ago, at which point I was still looking for my dog who had looked to have run away on it. Now he's back. Don't know where he went, somewhere deep in the woods, though. Bad idea during hunting season and cold nights in the 30s.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Happy Birthday.��
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

I used to be really down on birthdays until my wife shamed me a few years ago.

I would say: "What is the big deal of 'attaining an age'? Why is that anything to be proud of?"

She said: "It is celebrating that God has given you another year of life on Earth. Many people would have given near all they had to just have another year or two to live to see 40 and watch a child turn 14 or something, but did not get the chance."

I admit it shamed me for taking health for granted so much. It did change how I view this. If one doesn't have their health, they really don't have much of anything. Or at least everything looks different in terms of stuff taken for granted.

I am grateful to all of you and grateful for good health and good family on a happy 49th.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.