• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
    My daughter started 6th grade today!
    Wow, congrats, it is a fun age. (They all are, but this one is really fun. Last shot at being a kid.)

I like that we start so early here. The extra month allows them to take a full week "fall break" as well as 2 weeks at Christmas, Spring break, and they get out fairly early.

Besides, high today is 99, 100 tomorrow. They need to be in school now In early Nov (fall break) they will want to be outside, 75 degrees.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
      Administrator
      • Apr 2009

Tomorrow marks twenty years since the day I met the beautiful woman who would become my wife. I’m still twitterpated in her company.
      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
        Tomorrow marks twenty years since the day I met the beautiful woman who would become my wife. I’m still twitterpated in her company.
        Happy "anniversary"
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• TheZagPhish
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
          Cheers, brother!

You are a blessed man.
          Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

Birthdays don't normally bother me.

But tomorrow I have my last b-day before 5-"oh" and it is bothering me far more than my b-dat at 29 and 39.

It's not like I didn't feel "middle aged" long ago. But 50 - a year away now - implies … adulthood?

Oh well, I am not wishing myself happy birthday bc it's not my birthday, and I'm not looking forward to it tomorrow.

Congrats to MMM, by the way, that is a cool post.
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

Happy Birthday Dixie!

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

HAPPY 49TH, DIXIE
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

Damn Dixie... you are catching up with me. Happy B-Day
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• gu03alum
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                    Birthdays don't normally bother me.

But tomorrow I have my last b-day before 5-"oh" and it is bothering me far more than my b-dat at 29 and 39.

It's not like I didn't feel "middle aged" long ago. But 50 - a year away now - implies … adulthood?

Oh well, I am not wishing myself happy birthday bc it's not my birthday, and I'm not looking forward to it tomorrow.

Congrats to MMM, by the way, that is a cool post.
                    happy birthday!

Bring back the OCC

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Ah, so all a guy has to do is wish himself a happy b-day and everyone joins in? That's nice of y'all.

I am having a much better birthday than an hour ago, at which point I was still looking for my dog who had looked to have run away on it. Now he's back. Don't know where he went, somewhere deep in the woods, though. Bad idea during hunting season and cold nights in the 30s.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2009

Happy Birthday.��
                        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

Comment

• DZ
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2007

I used to be really down on birthdays until my wife shamed me a few years ago.

I would say: "What is the big deal of 'attaining an age'? Why is that anything to be proud of?"

She said: "It is celebrating that God has given you another year of life on Earth. Many people would have given near all they had to just have another year or two to live to see 40 and watch a child turn 14 or something, but did not get the chance."

I admit it shamed me for taking health for granted so much. It did change how I view this. If one doesn't have their health, they really don't have much of anything. Or at least everything looks different in terms of stuff taken for granted.

I am grateful to all of you and grateful for good health and good family on a happy 49th.
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2009

My oldest son just submitted all of his enrollment information for high school.

-Ken Pomeroy-

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

My oldest turned 9 today it's crazy to think he's halfway to being an adult.

Comment

• willandi
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
                                My oldest turned 9 today it's crazy to think he's halfway to being an adult.
                                I'm 71 and hoping I'm not quite there. My body disagrees,
                                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X