• Feb 2007

Sacre announces his retirement

From The Japan Times: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/.../#.XUTI_ehKhnI
  • hooter73
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

I wonder where he’ll decide to settle and raise his family

Fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed

I believe, like all his coaches and teammates did too, that he makes others around him better and would be a credit to the community. In fact i Don’t think it would be a big stretch to see him riding point on a volunteer fire engine, ear to ear smile on his face and flag waving as they drive into the sun lit beyond.

... and now I want to commission a painting...

Comment

• webspinnre
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I think it was CDC who said something about him being in Spokane.
      I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Section 116
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I know Sacre has a home in the Spokane area. When he is home (Spokane) he frequently shows up on 99.9 FM Coyote Country radio with Jay, Kevin and Slim. In fact on most Wednesday's he is on the whole show from 6am to 10am imparting all kinds of wit, wisdom, stories etc. If you are in the broadcast area I would suggest tuning in on Wednesdays. He is really a fun guy to listen to and at times dominates the show as you can well imagine.

Comment

• bigblahla
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

He loves Greenbluff.... I remember him saying he wanted to live there with his family... such a good guy.... ya gotta love Bobby Sacre....

Go!! Zags!!!
          "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• Radbooks
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2007

Article from the Spokesman-Review tonight.

The 30-year-old Sacre announced his retirement recently, surprising many in Japan because he was at the top of his game, but not those who know what means the most to the personable center.
            “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

The former Gonzaga standout turned the page on his playing career over the summer. Sacre now assists with fundraising in the athletic department at his alma mater while he completes work on his master’s degree in organizational leadership.

Comment

• SLOZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Retired from Playing, Maybe, but Not from Coaching

"Former Gonzaga center Robert Sacre added his newest job title with the help of a few keystrokes on Twitter. When the Fraser Valley Bandits of the Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL) followed Sacre on Twitter, Sacre was quick to respond. "I sent them a joke, saying, 'Hey, if you need a head coach let me know,'" Sacre said. "That night I got a call from the president and we've been in contact and ..."

And now meet the new assistant general manager for the Bandits, based in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Sacre grew up nearby in North Vancouver. He'll have a wide range of duties, including player personnel, recruiting and trying to keep talented Canadian players close to home. "My biggest thing is I wanted to give back to my hometown and my community and build basketball up in the Vancouver area," said Sacre, who played on Canadian national teams. "I'd love to be part of that.

Sacre said he'll make trips to British Columbia, but Spokane will continue to be home. Sacre retired from professional basketball in 2019. He helped Gonzaga's fundraising efforts while completing his master's degree in organizational leadership. He operates Sacre Excavation and co-hosts the Bleav in the Zags podcast with GU alum Jack Ferris. "I'm grateful for what Gonzaga has done for me and my family," he said. "My business is going fantastic, I can't ask for a better crew. I got my degree and I thought I should put it to work, I can't just waste that on dirt work."

Read more in a fine article done by Jim Meehan for The Spokesman-Review:
                Mar. 11—Former Gonzaga center Robert Sacre added his newest job title with the help of a few keystrokes on Twitter. When the Fraser Valley Bandits of the Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL) followed Sacre on Twitter, Sacre was quick to respond. "I sent them a joke, saying, 'Hey, if you need a head coach let me know,'" Sacre said. "That night I got a call from the president and we've been ...
                SLOZag
                "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• sittingon50
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• webspinnre
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SLOZag View Post
                    Read more in a fine article done by Jim Meehan for The Spokesman-Review:
                    https://news.yahoo.com/former-gonzag...030100942.html
                    Phenomenal, thanks for sharing!
                    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

Working...
                    X