Thread: Who’s Going to Start in Europe...

Hybrid View

Default Who’s Going to Start in Europe...

As usual, things are slow in the summer... so to spark up a little talk: who’s going to start in Europe?

I have my thoughts but will wait to see what others think before posting...

Cheers...

Go Zags!!

Okay...

I think most have their thoughts on who is going to start the season... but as Jill heals who’s going to get some fill-in time?

Starters in Europe... 1 JL 2 KC 3 LF 4 LW 5 JW. I also think we will see some time from the bench...

Go Zags!!

I think it depends on how Jill is healing.

CLF is known for starting the players who have put in their time, regardless if they are the best (in the opinion of the Monday morning quarterbacks) players.

Skip, interesting moving LF to the #3. I think this could work well, but with JT, JW, KG and maybe even EH, that could play the #3, I think playing time at the #3 will be tough to come by.

Starters in Europe: #1=JL, #2= KC, #3= JT (if healthy otherwise LF), #4=JW AND #5=LW. LW plays more inside than JW and JW is more comfortable outside, but either Wirth can play either position.

I would be surprised, if any of the starters play much more than 20 mpg. With Anna, EH, KG and the Truong twins, needing playing time to get integrated into the Zag game, I would expect they would play much more in Europe than they will during the OOC games. The Truong twins most notably need to be up to speed come the regular season to spell JL and KC, so expect to see them individually and together quite a bit during this trip.

ZagDad

I saw an article about the Lady Zag's trip to Europe (can't find it again) where JT says she hopes to get to play a few minutes in each game.

JT is on the mend but appears not fully ready to play.

ZagDad

As much as JT would love to play in Europe I hope she holds tough and helps the new players.

We still have a couple of months before the start of the season and that”s needed mend time... I still wish she took the year off.

Looking at this years roster, we have at least 5 players that need game time to get them to the level of good support players worthy of time on the court during the season. These players are very talented but need the D1 experience to play at a level that like last year showed very little drop off in play.

As we know Coach Green coaches the 2/3 guards... in GU’s offense they are pretty interchangeable. That’s why having LF at a 3 shouldn’t be a problem... infact needs to be done for rotation and replacement.

Question: Will this trip be good for Europion recruitment?

Go Zags!!

My starting lineup:

KC
    JL
    JW
    LW
    LF

Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see AV in the mix. I would have JT in instead of LF if she were ready, but it looks like she still needs a bit more time. I doubt if she or the coaches will want to risk using her too much too early.