Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GU Admon Gilder!!!

Default Welcome to GU Admon Gilder!!!

He committed today:

Jeff Goodman
    ‏Verified account @GoodmanHoops
    1m1 minute ago

Gonzaga has landed Texas A&M grad transfer Admon Gilder, he told @Stadium.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Another confirmation:

Jeff Borzello
    ‏Verified account @jeffborzello

Texas A&M graduate transfer Admon Gilder has committed to Gonzaga, he tells ESPN. Massive pickup for the Zags.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Love it.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Fantastic. A senior with experience playing against SEC competition who will help stabilize the back court and bring much needed strong defensive play!

I would anticipate he takes a leadership role on the team, especially on the defense.

Wonderful news! Welcome aboard. Can’t wait to see how much Bulldog you have in you.

Nice... just what the doctor ordered. Should be a nice transition into the 2020 class. Would be nice to see Ravet spell him to get some time at PG.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I am so stoked. And while some disagreed that he is all American caliber, I truly believe that he will have that amount of impact. I think I was the first to bring his name up, at least on Twitter because he was the best grad transfer available imo. He is an ELITE, ELITE defender. And can get you 15-20 on any given night. Plus is a hungry 5th year senior . Huge huge news.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Nice... just what the doctor ordered. Should be a nice transition into the 2020 class. Would be nice to see Ravet spell him to get some time at PG.
    I think, depending on other developments, that we'll see a lot of Gilder and Ravet on the floor together.

From the Dallas News:
    Interestingly, Gilder will return to College Station this season as Gonzaga is set to face A&M at Reed Arena as part of the back end of a home-and-home. The Zags beat the Aggies, 94-71, in Spokane during non-conference play last season.

Welcome to the party....more PG's the better.

1 down 2 to go...maybe...

I heard this last Thurs and posted in Whelping box. We have another coming too.. I'm just glad this one is now official. Good size, decent shooter and great defense. Lost of work to do before 19-20 begins. Ravet will shoot the lights out and work well with Admon. More to come

Gilder posted the news on his Instagram page.

Welcome Admon Gilder!
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I am so stoked. And while some disagreed that he is all American caliber, I truly believe that he will have that amount of impact. I think I was the first to bring his name up, at least on Twitter because he was the best grad transfer available imo. He is an ELITE, ELITE defender. And can get you 15-20 on any given night. Plus is a hungry 5th year senior . Huge huge news.
    - I agree admon has all American potential. he simply was the best pg available as a grad transfer, this commitment is 10's across the board.

- welcome mr. gilder, I truly think zag nation might be more excited about this news than maybe even you are.
    - stay healthy my friend, play hard, and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I heard this last Thurs and posted in Whelping box. We have another coming too.. I'm just glad this one is now official. Good size, decent shooter and great defense. Lost of work to do before 19-20 begins. Ravet will shoot the lights out and work well with Admon. More to come
    Come on Abe spill the beans. Who we waiting on? Jenkins or nix?

Looks like a nice get for the Zags, though I doubt he'll be able to beat out true freshman Brock Ravet for a starting slot!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    2 PG backcourt of Gilder and Ravet
    +
    Kispert / Watson
    Timme / Watson
    Petrusev / Zakarov
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Is he a PG or more of a combo guard? He averaged almost 4 assists per game his 2016-17 year before taking a back seat to Duane Wilson the following. Gilder played a lot of minutes and statistically looks like a solid all-around player. It seems that if he's on the floor for major minutes we can look forward to double digit scoring, 1-2 steals a game, 3-4 assists, and 4 rebounds per game. I am excited about his reported talents on defense but if he can be a high-level defender while contributing in other areas-- not least of which is a lot of college basketball experience-- he does seem like a guy who can solidify this back court.

His stats compare well with Zach Norvell's, and he is just an inch shorter than ZN, so he would take some of the sting out of him leaving, if such ends up being the case.

I'm at a show and should not be on the phone, but have had to check all weekend.
    Great news.
    It's not funny.

Fantastic news! Big-time combo guard with defense being a major plus. Exactly what we needed.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Is he a PG or more of a combo guard? He averaged almost 4 assists per game his 2016-17 year before taking a back seat to Duane Wilson the following. Gilder played a lot of minutes and statistically looks like a solid all-around player. It seems that if he's on the floor for major minutes we can look forward to double digit scoring, 1-2 steals a game, 3-4 assists, and 4 rebounds per game. I am excited about his reported talents on defense but if he can be a high-level defender while contributing in other areas-- not least of which is a lot of college basketball experience-- he does seem like a guy who can solidify this back court.

His stats compare well with Zach Norvell's, and he is just an inch shorter than ZN, so he would take some of the sting out of him leaving, if such ends up being the case.
    I won’t claim to know our plans for him but he appears to be the definition of combo guard to me. He may lead us in scoring next season.

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

This is huge, we could easily end up a preseason top 15 team now!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    You might even call him “Jenks”.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    2 PG backcourt of Gilder and Ravet
    +
    Kispert / Watson
    Timme / Watson
    Petrusev / Zakarov
    I'm still hopeful for:

Ravet
    Gilder
    Kispert/Watson
    Timme
    Tillie

Love his size, maturity, defensive prowess, and experience. One of the top grad transfer guards available.

Just what the doctor ordered.
    I miss Mike Hart