Will Gonzaga win a National Championship in the Next Ten Years ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagRecruitWatch
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Jul 2019

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Well Josh is a beloved player. He had 4 years. Josh should have shot more. He deferred too much. Does he have the talent.?? Sure. But it didn't happen. It's nothing personal.
    I didn't know it was possible to high for 5 straight years.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
      The fact that Perkins name was not thrown in here is disgusting
      The undervaluing of the all time assist record holder has a long history with a segment of this board.

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

High?
        I didn't know it was possible to high for 5 straight years.

Comment

• MDABE80
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

[QUOT That’s it May! He deferred too much. E=maynard g krebs;1472090]The undervaluing of the all time assist record holder has a long history with a segment of this board.[/QUOTE]
          I think Josh should have shot more. Be clear though: I’m not critical of Josh.seems like anyone who doesn’t think he was “the second coming” is trashed . Just my opinion.
          Last edited by MDABE80; 07-25-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by phxfireflames View Post
            Gonzaga has as much chance of a championship as the Clippers for the next decade.
            The Clippers have a 0% chance to win a National Championship.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• bartruff1
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
              The Clippers have a 0% chance to win a National Championship.
              So your saying there is not a chance....

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I predict we make the Final Four at least once in 2021, ‘22, and ‘23. A championship is then a very realistic possibility. Need good fortune no matter who you are

Comment

• spike_jr
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2009

The fact that Perkins name was not thrown in here is disgusting
                  ZRW - With respect to Abe, Rui and BC COULD have stayed one more year as they still had eligibility remaining. Josh did not. I doubt there are too many people that would not be happy to have Josh on our team at any time.

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Jul 2019

Originally posted by spike_jr View Post
                    ZRW - With respect to Abe, Rui and BC COULD have stayed one more year as they still had eligibility remaining. Josh did not. I doubt there are too many people that would not be happy to have Josh on our team at any time.
                    This was my point. MDABE80 was saying a championship team needs a championship level guard (which I completely agree with). He was giving Pangos and NWG as examples and I found it..........interesting that he left out Perkins.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

a championship guard like John Stockton or Dan D. who had successful careers in the NBA.

Is Turiaf our only big that had a door to the NBA but chose to stay with the zags another year? The ultimate zag. Could we say that about Elias Harris at the end of his first year?
                      I can't think of another big that hung around one more year. Since 2003 when I got zag fever. I don't know much before then,
                      remember when
                      USF use to try to game us with their claims to the Championship game and their title, and Bill Russell?
                      of course I didn't buy their reasoning but I only dreamed as high as Elite 8 or Final Four in a perfect storm for us. It is hard to appreciate fully how far this program has come.
                      and
                      if a team averages in the top 8 ranking for 8 years, the odds are not unreasonable, we have 3 or 4 years running right now ...

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I like our chances, but it's not a be-all, end-all for me.

If we do, I'm getting a tattoo to commemorate the feat. It will be very visible, on the right calf. And to think I was 90 seconds away a little over two years ago.

Comment

• bartruff1
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

Yes, I think you are right TZF.... it is not a big deal for me either.....I sure as hell will not get a tattoo.…I think that may be a mortal sin....

I have to admit that I have become entitled to a few games in March.....I would be disappointed without my fix of madness.

I doubt Few will coach for another ten years..... and if they win …..it will likely do it with players that are way to good to play college basketball for 4 years …..

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

This was my point. MDABE80 was saying a championship team needs a championship level guard (which I completely agree with). He was giving Pangos and NWG as examples and I found it..........interesting that he left out Perkins.
                            With respect to Abe's post. QED, Josh was not a NC point guard. Terrific player, unselfish to a fault, but didn't lead us to the promised land. Why does it have to be all or nothing for certain players -- such as Karno and Josh -- on this board? I disagree w Abe that KP was that level. If NWG comes back, we win.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                              a championship guard like John Stockton or Dan D. who had successful careers in the NBA.

Is Turiaf our only big that had a door to the NBA but chose to stay with the zags another year? The ultimate zag. Could we say that about Elias Harris at the end of his first year?
                              I can't think of another big that hung around one more year. Since 2003 when I got zag fever. I don't know much before then,
                              remember when
                              USF use to try to game us with their claims to the Championship game and their title, and Bill Russell?
                              of course I didn't buy their reasoning but I only dreamed as high as Elite 8 or Final Four in a perfect storm for us. It is hard to appreciate fully how far this program has come.
                              and
                              if a team averages in the top 8 ranking for 8 years, the odds are not unreasonable, we have 3 or 4 years running right now ...
                              KW came back. So did JW3.

Comment

• willandi
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2007

Most here have completely forgotten about those two National Championships, the first with Stockton and the next with Dickau.

To think that to be a NC caliber point guard, one must have actually won one is the height of absurdity and irrationality. That would mean that there is only one PG of that caliber per year, and that just isn't true.

Please...don't be stupid.
                                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X