• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gon2mt
    Bulldog Fan
    • Dec 2012

Root sports and zags games

Not sure where to post this. Cutting the cord so no more cable. Split time between Montana and Oregon. Anyone know if there is any way to view Gonzaga games either through Root or without, live preferably. Can you stream or watch using Root app. Experience has been that very few games or any are viewable on TheWTV. Thanks
  • JPtheBeasta
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

Try this out: https://northwest.rootsports.com/channel-finder/

It gives you field where you can enter the zip codes in which you will be spending time and below that a drop-down list of seemingly every service provider. It would take a few minutes, but you can check out the various online providers you might be interested in trying and see if Root is on them in your area(s).

(I think that for me, who is out of the NW region, DirecTV is still the best option for now... but I'm going to monkey around a bit, myself)

ETA: I tried a few things, and this kept turning up:

Sorry, but ROOT SPORTS is not being offered by Roku at this time. Please click below to let them know you want ROOT SPORTS added to your channel lineup.

The good news is, ROOT SPORTS is available from these providers:
    DIRECTV
    DISH Network
    Xfinity/Comcast
    Does the Fox Sports Network (eg FSN1 or FSN2) pick up Gonzaga games for their regional coverage? If so, that might be the way to go on SlingTV, or what have you...

Comment

• Razorzag99
      Bulldog Fan
      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by gon2mt View Post
      Not sure where to post this. Cutting the cord so no more cable. Split time between Montana and Oregon. Anyone know if there is any way to view Gonzaga games either through Root or without, live preferably. Can you stream or watch using Root app. Experience has been that very few games or any are viewable on TheWTV. Thanks
      Last season, I watched live Gonzaga games using the Stadium app on Roku. The quality was inconsistent at times though. Unfortunately, it appears Roku has recently removed the Stadium app.

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

Comment

• tyra
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Does anyone on the board live in the Tucson area and if so, can you tell me how you get Root network games?

Comment

• ZagaZags
          Banned
          • May 2010

Originally posted by tyra View Post
          Does anyone on the board live in the Tucson area and if so, can you tell me how you get Root network games?
          DirecTv.

Comment

• GrizZAG
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
            I just tried out this site to see what it said for my zip code of my Goodyear, Arizona winter address. It said it is not available and suggested I call my provider. While this is the case, that is Root NW is not available as part of any particular package Direct TV offers in Arizona, I did in fact call and they offered to guarantee all Gonzaga Men's basketball games to me for an additional $10 a month. I took them up on it and indeed I was able to not miss a game. I believe my cost will go up to $15 this year however. Since we put our service on hold for seven months when we return to Spokane, I am only paying for five months. The only strange thing about this is it takes a bit of hunting to find which channel it is on. It is usually on a channel in the 650-690 range, but I feel it is a bargain. I want to cut the cord also and would be most interested to know what options are available for seeing games if we choose that route.
            One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• zagalumn70
              Redshirt
              • Feb 2012

Zags in tucson

Originally posted by tyra View Post
              Dish sports package includes root. Saw all of the root games this past season

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                I just tried out this site to see what it said for my zip code of my Goodyear, Arizona winter address. It said it is not available and suggested I call my provider. While this is the case, that is Root NW is not available as part of any particular package Direct TV offers in Arizona, I did in fact call and they offered to guarantee all Gonzaga Men's basketball games to me for an additional $10 a month. I took them up on it and indeed I was able to not miss a game. I believe my cost will go up to $15 this year however. Since we put our service on hold for seven months when we return to Spokane, I am only paying for five months. The only strange thing about this is it takes a bit of hunting to find which channel it is on. It is usually on a channel in the 650-690 range, but I feel it is a bargain. I want to cut the cord also and would be most interested to know what options are available for seeing games if we choose that route.
                I have been using DirecTV down here in Arizona with great success for the past several years. Before that I was spending a lot of money going to restaurants/sports bars that had the games. I was hoping to "cut the cord" (including the theoretical one between my roof and outer space) soon. If SlingTV or someone adds Root Sports it will be nice.

Comment

• GrizZAG
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                  I have been using DirecTV down here in Arizona with great success for the past several years. Before that I was spending a lot of money going to restaurants/sports bars that had the games. I was hoping to "cut the cord" (including the theoretical one between my roof and outer space) soon. If SlingTV or someone adds Root Sports it will be nice.
                  Would love to hear from you regarding your progress in "cutting the cord". The Zag games are the only thing keeping me on direct TV when south.
                  One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• Bulldoginseattle
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                    Would love to hear from you regarding your progress in "cutting the cord". The Zag games are the only thing keeping me on direct TV when south.
                    If you really want to cut the cord and have Apple TV (or another service that lets you project), use the WTV in combination with a VPN spoofer to get around the location blackout, then project onto your tv. It’s not foolproof, but between that and sling, I was able to get 90% of games for under $40/month.

Comment

Working...
                    X