Thread: 2020 PG Keeshawn Barthelemy Offer

Default 2020 PG Keeshawn Barthelemy Offer

After an outstanding weekend in Alabama, Gonzaga is the latest to offer PG Keeshawn Barthélémy.
    @TheKee09
    https://twitter.com/brookwoodelite/s...766697472?s=20

This offer seems out of the blue; I'm guessing things with Suggs have gone south.

3*. I don’t think this has anything to do with Suggs. My guess is to have somebody ready to replace Suggs after he goes pro after one season.

I can't read the whole article but SMU is looking at him for 2019...maybe we are also?

https://247sports.com/Article/Keesha...ass-131994906/

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    3*. I don’t think this has anything to do with Suggs. My guess is to have somebody ready to replace Suggs after he goes pro after one season.
    247 has him as a 4 star and most of the other services don't rank international kids so I wouldn't put much stock in him being a '3 star'. Agree on Suggs though, I don't think this says much on that front. Even with Suggs the backcourt is fairly thin (it'd be Suggs/Ayayi/Ravet/Harris) moving forward. More depth is always needed.

Can't say I know much about him but love the idea of snagging another Canadian. From Montreal originally and guys can still kind of go under the radar out there right now. (like Toronto 10 years ago) I trust the staff.

Somebody in the know mentioned our roster isn't finalised and with him being viewed as possible 2019 recruit, I wonder if this is the final player for next season?

A young Canadian...

We need another one of those.....

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    https://twitter.com/brookwoodelite/s...766697472?s=20

This offer seems out of the blue; I'm guessing things with Suggs have gone south.
    Headed for the equator for some time.....

Pretty straightforward stuff here guys. Look at our roster, we lack guards and I know the focus is on adding depth there. As mentioned above, only 247 ranks foreign players and they have Barthelemy ranked in their top 100. The kid is good and could reclass into 2019. If you are not familiar with the Canadian “high school” structure, then know that these kids go to high school for 5 years which is why many can easily reclassify up a year. I don’t know how strong the interest is in Barthelemy but I do know it has nothing to do with Suggs.

So two schollies for two positions that are being actively recruited:

PG - Suggs, Barthelemy
    PF/C - Kessler

and I also feel like I'm missing someone else from the midwest

Seems like there is an odd-man out here then, no?
    I would say we usually are recruiting more people than we have openings for. My guess is we make Kesslers top 5, but that is still only a 20% chance of actually getting him. I also would be surprised if Petrusev is still here next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Headed for the equator for some time.....

Man...I can't wait until he commits. The super negative everyday and then the "Glad I was wrong" pattern is so tired.

Does CaldwellZag have a bat signal or do we need to perform some sort of blood ritual to summon him? We need him to impart some knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Not if you have the chance to grab a 3-4 year guy that’s just a notch or two below Suggs. Aggregate benefit to the Zags, coupled with the uncertainty factor, changes the equation.
    This explains the logic of the Barthelemy offer. If we can add a 4 star pg and still wait on Suggs if need be, that is exactly what we should and will do. Again, Suggs is a guy you wait for but if another pg is willing to commit knowing that Suggs may be coming as well, then all the better. Suggs is a guy we will always make room for.

Are we sure this is even a legit offer...It’s not being mentioned much on Twitter beyond his AAU programs account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Ok dumb question here: Why does a kid who’s more than likely a 1 and done care so much about academics? I mean so much to pick a school over us who has pretty good academics. Does he plan to go back?
    Keeshawn Barthelemy isn't a one and done player. Suggs is a 1 or 2 and done player.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    My bad, I thought this was the Keeshawn Barthelemy thread.
    This thread is dedicated to Keeshawn but it seems to have been hijacked...is there any more information on Keeshawn on whether he even has GU on his radar?

Please gulls and guys post Kessler's information on his thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    This thread is dedicated to Keeshawn but it seems to have been hijacked...is there any more information on Keeshawn on whether he even has GU on his radar?

Please gulls and guys post Kessler's information on his thread
    Has this alleged offer been confirmed? 1

Keeshawn Barthélémy Retweeted

Brookwood Elite
    @brookwoodelite
    ·
    Jul 17
    After an outstanding weekend in Alabama, Gonzaga is the latest to offer PG Keeshawn Barthélémy.
    @TheKee09

///
    @adidasHoops

///
    @3StripesCircuit

///
    @GauntletSeries

Does CaldwellZag have a bat signal or do we need to perform some sort of blood ritual to summon him? We need him to impart some knowledge!
    Haha we didn't even offer this kid. I saw this and laughed as he is not even at Fosters level honestly. We talked to him but nothing serious!!

Keeshawn Barthelemy enrolls at Colorado. He will reclassify to 2019.