Thread: ESPN+ article on the best FIBA U19 prospects

Default ESPN+ article on the best FIBA U19 prospects

I'm curious if anyone with an ESPN+ subscription read this and if Zags (or Suggs) got a mention.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...more-fiba-u19s

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I'm curious if anyone with an ESPN+ subscription read this and if Zags (or Suggs) got a mention.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...more-fiba-u19s
    there are 9 players mentioned, ballo the only zag. each write-up is ~3-4 paragraphs long. here's ballo's opening paragraph:

After being stuck in Paris with visa issues and missing the first two days of the tournament, Ballo landed in Greece and was the difference in helping Mali make a historic run to the championship game, averaging an impressive 18 points, 12 rebounds and 4 blocks per game. The Gonzaga commit will be one of the youngest players in college basketball this season, making his performance in Crete all the more impressive when considering the circumstances. Ballo is a force inside the paint at 6-foot-10, 250 pounds with a massive 7-6 wingspan and 9-5 standing reach, moving opponents around with his powerful frame and brute force. He's also highly skilled, with soft hands, nimble feet, an array of moves spinning off opponents and an increasingly polished turnaround jumper, featuring a high release and excellent touch.
    obviously quite positive. further paragraphs mention concerns: verticality, free throw shooting, shooting in general, defensive agility, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    there are 9 players mentioned, ballo the only zag. each write-up is ~3-4 paragraphs long. here's ballo's opening paragraph:

obviously quite positive. further paragraphs mention concerns: verticality, free throw shooting, shooting in general, defensive agility, etc.

Hey, thanks Soccerdud! You the man!

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Hey, thanks Soccerdud! You the man!

appreciate you bringing the article to my attention. i had not seen it.