Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: I'm watching Gonzaga vs Duke (in Maui last year) on ESPNU

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I have some questions...

    1. Will GU fill the last scholarship spot?

    2. Will anyone redshirt next season?

    3. How will this team gel with so many newcomers?

    4. Will Joel Ayayi have a breakout year?

    5. Who will be the 8/9 man rotation?

    6. Can Tillie stay healthy?

    7. Who will make the biggest impact as a freshman next season?

    8. What will the 2019-2020 schedule look like?

    9. Who will be the leader of this team?

    10. Does GU have a glue guy for next season?

    I could go on, but I will leave it at 10 questions. ( for now )
    1. Will GU fill the last scholarship spot? Yes. Of course. IMO Few will give it to a walk-on.
    2. Will anyone red-shirt next season? Yes. Too many freshmen coming into program on scholarships. It's going to be quite a battle between our front court players. Also a battle for the small forward (or the 3) position. I think Arlauskas and Zhakarov, will redshirt and maybe Ballo.
    3. How will this team gel? It might take some time but they will. Mark Few, Tommy Lloyd and other assistants will make sure of that.
    4.Will Joel Ayayi have a breakout year? It depends what you mean by "breakout?" He will get more playing time, but he's not going to score enough to call it a "breakout year."
    5. Who will be the 8-9 rotation. Tillie, Kispert, Timme, Petrusev, Watson, woolridge, Gilder, Ravet, Ayayi, Ballo
    6. Can Tillie stay healthy? Yes.....Not only can he, he will.
    7. Who will make the biggest impact as a freshman? Ravet, imo.
    8. I don't know about this
    9. Who will be the leader? Tillie and Gilder.
    10. Does GU have a glue guy for next season? Kispert

    There you go!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I do not believe Ballo will redshirt. You don't bring a physical stud like him into your program and redshirt him. I am sure he did not graduate early and came to Gonzaga, to not play. He would have just played his senior year in high school instead of coming here if he wasn't going to get to play. I think some of you are selling him short. He is a real physical specimen with plenty of athletic talent with a 7'6'' wingspan, you don't redshirt a talent like that. Now Zahakarov, and Arlakarov, that is a different story. I think they will both redshirt. That is just my opinion.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    1. Will GU fill the last scholarship spot? Yes. Of course. IMO Few will give it to a walk-on.
    2. Will anyone red-shirt next season? Yes. Too many freshmen coming into program on scholarships. It's going to be quite a battle between our front court players. Also a battle for the small forward (or the 3) position. I think Arlauskas and Zhakarov, will redshirt and maybe Ballo.
    3. How will this team gel? It might take some time but they will. Mark Few, Tommy Lloyd and other assistants will make sure of that.
    4.Will Joel Ayayi have a breakout year? It depends what you mean by "breakout?" He will get more playing time, but he's not going to score enough to call it a "breakout year."
    5. Who will be the 8-9 rotation. Tillie, Kispert, Timme, Petrusev, Watson, woolridge, Gilder, Ravet, Ayayi, Ballo
    6. Can Tillie stay healthy? Yes.....Not only can he, he will.
    7. Who will make the biggest impact as a freshman? Ravet, imo.
    8. I don't know about this
    9. Who will be the leader? Tillie and Gilder.
    10. Does GU have a glue guy for next season? Kispert

    There you go!
    Please don't read into this anything other than the face value of the question - do you mind mentioning how old you are Reborn?

    Go GU!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,580

    Default

    I'm curious why you ask me that question because I don't think anyone has ever been asked that before.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagcity View Post
    The Zags win every time they play Duke in the Maui tournament championship game.
    A couple really cool facts about this game is that Gonzaga had never beaten Duke, and second Duke had never lost in the Maui Invitational Tournament. They were undefeated in Maui play with 5 championships.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I'm curious why you ask me that question because I don't think anyone has ever been asked that before.
    I just like your style. (the cut of your jib, as they say)

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,580

    Default

    The "cut of my jib" comes more from my association with radical people than from my age. "Birds of a feather flock together." So true. And I love my tribe.

    Out of my respect for you, and your true interest, I'll answer your question. 71.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Please don't read into this anything other than the face value of the question - do you mind mentioning how old you are Reborn?
    I thought everyone on this board knew who Reborn was. As far as I know, he is the only former GU basketball player on this board on a regular basis.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GU69 View Post
    I thought everyone on this board knew who Reborn was. As far as I know, he is the only former GU basketball player on this board on a regular basis.
    I knew he was a former player, have no idea who he is, and am 34 years old. Nobody asked me any of these questions. Anything else? Ha.

    Sorry to derail, go team.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,147

    Default

    A "radical " person in Yakima is a moderate republican and there are not many of them....

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    A "radical " person in Yakima is a moderate republican and there are not many of them....
    Are there any radical democrats in Yakima? If you have any insight I'm looking for some.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Are there any radical democrats in Yakima? If you have any insight I'm looking for some.
    The only Democrats in Yakima are my sister and Charlie O'connor !!! And Charlie is in the Political Closet....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •