• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

I'm watching Gonzaga vs Duke (in Maui last year) on ESPNU

ESPNU is showing the top 20 games in the '18-'19 season (last season). I'm not sure where this game (GU vs Duke) is in that list of 20 games. It started around 9 am Pacific Coast Time; so I'd say it's an early game. I'm hoping to see the GU game with Tennessee (is that the team with the Admiral and Williams).

Zach Norvell is having an outstanding game, as are all the Zags. I'm focused on Zach because of how well he's doing this summer in the NBA Summer League. This is one of his games that shows that he can play in the NBA.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Zags up by 9 at halftime. This game also shows why Hachimura and Clarke are in the NBA. It also shows why Rui was drafted #9 and why he's having a lot of success in the NBA.

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

I haven't said that much about Zach Norvell leaving Gonzaga to play in the NBA. I guess maybe I was too hurt. Novell has always been one of my favorite Zags and I was really looking forward to seeing him play next season for the Zags. I thought he would lead the Zags deep into March Madness. I have always believed he'd play in the NBA, and I was just hoping he'd wait one more year. My hurt feelings have slowly healed, and I'm now fully behind Zach in the NBA. His play in the NBA summer league has shown that he's ready to play at the next level. I look forward to watching his career.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        I haven't said that much about Zach Norvell leaving Gonzaga to play in the NBA. I guess maybe I was too hurt. Novell has always been one of my favorite Zags and I was really looking forward to seeing him play next season for the Zags. I thought he would lead the Zags deep into March Madness. I have always believed he'd play in the NBA, and I was just hoping he'd wait one more year. My hurt feelings have slowly healed, and I'm now fully behind Zach in the NBA. His play in the NBA summer league has shown that he's ready to play at the next level. I look forward to watching his career.
        I too am rooting for ZN and hope he sticks in NBA, but don’t agree his summer league play has shown he’s ready or able to do so.

He is what he is: an inconsistent shooter w below NBA average athleticism and quickness; tough: smart; high character. I hope it happens for him but my guess is he has a year like J Williams last season at best: two way contract player who spends 85% of the season in G League
        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

This is my favorite post-game press conference with a chastened Coach K:

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

36%

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Zags up by 9 at halftime. This game also shows why Hachimura and Clarke are in the NBA. It also shows why Rui was drafted #9 and why he's having a lot of success in the NBA.
              If Dook wins, let us know.

Comment

• Reborn
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

Gonzaga wins by two. Even though we missed four straight foul shots at the end of the game our defense steps up and wins this one for us.

Comment

• Zagcity
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Mar 2010

Gonzaga wins by two. Even though we missed four straight foul shots at the end of the game our defense steps up and wins this one for us.
                  I think that game gave us prelude to what kinda season Philip P is going to have this year.

Comment

• LTownZag
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2017

The whole game is on youtube for viewing on demand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EBseZoVK7w

I think our sweet 16 FSU game is a better gauge of Norvell vs elite athletes.

He made some clutch threes and sunk both his FTS, but shot 4-12 overall and was dramatically blocked by faster more athletic guys on his 2 breakaways. Also ended up with 4 fouls in 28 minutes as he struggled against the athletes from FSU.

Comment

• Zaglaw
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I have it recorded and save. Have watched it a couple of times. Always fun.

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

One more thing I wanted to say is that Kispert looked great in this game. I believe that Kispert has more game than many fans think. I believe we are going to see Kispert being more assertive on offense this year. This could be his year to shine.

Comment

• MDABE80
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

This past years team was an elite group. The TX Tech game still is a sore spot for me. The refs just watched a WWE grudge match. Few should have called the cops for battery.

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

You are so right, Doc. It was possibly the best team ever. I think most GU fans believed that this team was the one who would be the one to bring home the first national championship. However, it wasn't meant to be. And Elite 8 is certainly not bad. But this reminds me of how great that '17 team was. And THEY remain the best team ever.

Comment

• bartruff1
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

Last years team is like a fine wine...it just gets better with time....they beat Florida State in March and that was a very big deal for me....I am completely satisfied with what they accomplished...

Comment

Working...
                              X