Thread: Grayson's Back at It!!!

Default Grayson's Back at It!!!

Coach K, and Duke fans, must be so proud of their Grayson.

The guard began his second NBA season with the Memphis Grizzlies by getting ejected from NBA Summer League in Las Vegas after consecutive flagrant fouls were called on him for striking Celtics rookie Grant Williams. Allen was tossed from the game after hitting Williams in the head on the second incident.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/7/...rizzlies-video

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Coach K, and Duke fans, must be so proud of their Grayson.

The guard began his second NBA season with the Memphis Grizzlies by getting ejected from NBA Summer League in Las Vegas after consecutive flagrant fouls were called on him for striking Celtics rookie Grant Williams. Allen was tossed from the game after hitting Williams in the head on the second incident.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/7/...rizzlies-video
    Where there is smoke there is fire in these recurrent instances.

The kid needs anger mgmt counseling/classes and I mean that in the best way possible

There is something inherently there which plays out in reactive moments.

Needa to be addressed and single game suspensions arent effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Where there is smoke there is fire in these recurrent instances.

The kid needs anger mgmt counseling/classes and I mean that in the best way possible

There is something inherently there which plays out in reactive moments.

Needa to be addressed and single game suspensions arent effective.
    He's been protected and coddled all of his life and defended even when he was wrong... not a shock he is like this still. Won't last in the NBA with that attitude, not in Europe either.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Grant should have cleaned his clock. That’s never happened. Mostly because Koach protected him so much. Look, the k9d has issues. I always suspected he stayed a 4th year at Koach's behest to work on his behavior. It didn’t work.

Nice bear-hug screen by Williams. Where do they teach that one?

I watched the game. I have not watched a replay so I'm going from my faulty memory. The screen Williams set deserved a strong reaction from Grayson. Was Grayson's reaction over the top?? Not sure. Was the hard physical screen designed to provoke?? Not sure. The result was Grayson getting his 2nd T in just a couple of minutes if I recall correctly and that's why he got tossed. Actually I think he got tossed for saying something to the ref immediately after the play. But all are correct who say Grayson has a very short fuse and his flashes of anger need to get under control or his career could be very short. But who knows, maybe the fans eat that stuff up?? Fans love to hate on their villains and the Grayson circus could be a big draw. We shall see. One thing is for sure, Grayson will have to pay a lot of fines in the NBA.

Allen had 2 flagrants on Williams in 7 seconds after already having a tech earlier in the game.

Allen's technical foul (first incident in the game) occurred in the first half, but the event immediately to precede the meltdown was Grayson missing two free throws. I really just think he has no emotional maturity or ability to recompose himself.

Then in the 4th quarter the actual more serious events all began on the very next trip down the court following missed FTs.

I thought Williams hard/physical backscreen against Allen was a smart basketball play given the context. Williams is a smart player. 2-year SEC player of the year. He could sense or expect that Allen was apt to "lose it" and Williams probably correctly guessed that he himself would be given the benefit of the doubt while Grayson was on thin ice with the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Grant should have cleaned his clock. That’s never happened. Mostly because Koach protected him so much. Look, the k9d has issues. I always suspected he stayed a 4th year at Koach's behest to work on his behavior. It didn’t work.
    I thought it might have been to perfect Coach K’s pouty face.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    I watched the game. I have not watched a replay so I'm going from my faulty memory. The screen Williams set deserved a strong reaction from Grayson. Was Grayson's reaction over the top?? Not sure. Was the hard physical screen designed to provoke?? Not sure. The result was Grayson getting his 2nd T in just a couple of minutes if I recall correctly and that's why he got tossed. Actually I think he got tossed for saying something to the ref immediately after the play. But all are correct who say Grayson has a very short fuse and his flashes of anger need to get under control or his career could be very short. But who knows, maybe the fans eat that stuff up?? Fans love to hate on their villains and the Grayson circus could be a big draw. We shall see. One thing is for sure, Grayson will have to pay a lot of fines in the NBA.
    He got tossed because he tried to take Williams' head off. Watch the video.

Meh, the world needs all kinds. A little rough stuff never hurt anyone. Keeps it interesting. The tripping routine needs to stop though.

Allen is a PUNK...he needs to join the Marines with his “win-at-all-costs” mentality...the Marines will make a “man” out of the little boy he is...give him all the excuses you want but he should NOT be allowed to play...he is bad for business!

What’s worse than his attitude is how he was getting hand slaps from the kids as he was leaving the court...his negativity is already rubbing off on the crowd and is a horrible example of how to play and get along with others...

No empathy here...players are paid too much money to act like “two-year-olds”...

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    A little rough stuff never hurt anyone. Keeps it interesting.
    Actually, "some rough stuff" has hurt a lot of people.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Hit an opponent in the back of the head on back to back plays. Kid is a moron, and the biggest jerk to ever play basketball. Ship him to Siberia. There's no excuse for his behavior. Announcers were calling him on his BS constantly during that clip. If you ever needed any proof that Coach K has no integrity, Grayson's career is that proof (although there should have been no doubt about that after the Henderson flying elbow drop on Hansbrough and K ended up blaming Hansbrough and Coach Roy for the incident; but K's mentor is also one of the all time biggest jerks in basketball, Bobby Knight, so I guess what can you expect).

First time I’ve ever liked Dakich commentary. He bluntly stated Duke and Coach K coddled Allen and put up w this kind of behavior. I respect his honesty and calling out Allen for his over the top behavior.

Nothing wrong w Grant Williams screens. Savvy vet move vs immature rookie who can’t control himself.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

It's really too bad Brandon Clarke has to play with this jackass. Maybe he won't for too long.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Nice bear-hug screen by Williams. Where do they teach that one?
    That's what it looked like to me too. Don't think Grayson deserves heat for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Allen's technical foul (first incident in the game) occurred in the first half, but the event immediately to precede the meltdown was Grayson missing two free throws. I really just think he has no emotional maturity or ability to recompose himself.

Then in the 4th quarter the actual more serious events all began on the very next trip down the court following missed FTs.

I thought Williams hard/physical backscreen against Allen was a smart basketball play given the context. Williams is a smart player. 2-year SEC player of the year. He could sense or expect that Allen was apt to "lose it" and Williams probably correctly guessed that he himself would be given the benefit of the doubt while Grayson was on thin ice with the officials.

Grant Williams is a savvy, physical player who understands how to play and win little mind games within the larger game.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -