Thread: Drew and Admon already doing cool stuff in Spokane!

Default Drew and Admon already doing cool stuff in Spokane!

From Twitter this evening:

Gonzaga men's basketball newcomers Admon Gilder and Drew Timme spent the evening reading to kids at the Spokane Public Library on the South Hill. The kids loved it.
    There is a short video on this twitter link
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Gonzaga does a great job finding high character student athletes. These guys fit the mold. It is very rare for a bad apple to slip through the cracks with this team.

Sweet!

LOVE IT!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Now that video is "really cool." There's really nothing quite like listening to what children have to say. I'm sure that's why I spent most of my life trying to help prepare them to live successfully.

It's nice to see Drew and Admon sharing that Gonzaga love. As I sit here thinking about just THAT, I believe that the greatest thing that Gonzaga did for me when I was a student was just THAT, to go out into the world and share Gonzaga love.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

You know your team is young and new when you have to re-check who "Drew" and "Admon" are, needing last names.

So, pair up two new teammates. One is a kid straight out of Texas high school, and the other is a savy college graduate from a Texas flagship university, and team them up to read to kids …someone at GU really knows what they're doing.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    You know your team is young and new when you have to re-check who "Drew" and "Admon" are, needing last names.

So, pair up two new teammates. One is a kid straight out of Texas high school, and the other is a savy college graduate from a Texas flagship university, and team them up to read to kids …someone at GU really knows what they're doing.
    Do you suppose they had to take someone along to translate Texan?
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

There was an article in the Spokesman about it today too!

Two new Gonzaga basketball players spend time reading to kids
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Fun stuff! This little one definitely stole my heart!

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Do you suppose they had to take someone along to translate Texan?
    Gonzaga has enough experience in dealing with international players that they almost surely had a translator in the department ready to go. They may be among our first Texans, but not our first from foreign countries.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.