• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SanDiegoZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

The Athletic

Not sure how many of you pay for the subscription with The Athletic, but there was a college hoops mailbag Q&A with CJ Moore of The Athletic today.

He heaped a lot of love towards the Zags. He said he has them #3 right now after Sparty and Kansas, but said there was a good chance that a month into the season he may have the Zags as his title favorite.

Just thought this was interesting, as I haven’t seen any preseason rankings from anyone near a top 3, let alone saying the Zags could be the title favorite.

Lotta question marks on this Zags team...but the reality is that there was a lot of turnover at the top this offseason.
  • strikenowhere
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
    Not sure how many of you pay for the subscription with The Athletic, but there was a college hoops mailbag Q&A with CJ Moore of The Athletic today.

He heaped a lot of love towards the Zags. He said he has them #3 right now after Sparty and Kansas, but said there was a good chance that a month into the season he may have the Zags as his title favorite.

Just thought this was interesting, as I haven’t seen any preseason rankings from anyone near a top 3, let alone saying the Zags could be the title favorite.

Lotta question marks on this Zags team...but the reality is that there was a lot of turnover at the top this offseason.
    Insanity.

Comment

• KStyles
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SanDiegoZag View Post

In case anyone doesn't currently, but is thinking about subscribing, 50% off: https://theathletic.com/checkout/?pl...0&source=promo

Comment

• Zagger
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

It's the players Moore does not mention that'll be key to the Zags landing in the top 10 or higher. Certainly not to discount Tillie, Petrusev, Woolridge, Kispert and Gilder who Moore mentions, but, the Zags have a few other guys who are going to get some decent floor time: Ayayi, Timme, Watson and Ravet. And there are Zhakarov, Arlauskas and Ballo. The Zags could be quite deep. Probably see a redshirt or two but ..... the 5 Moore mentions are full of experience and very talented to boot. How healthy a few players are come November is a nagging question. Tillie in full form will be a nightmare for the competition. Zags being a top 10 team won't be without Tillie - in my estimation. My gut feeling is that we'll be entertained with an exciting 19-20 season of amazing basketball play and coaching .... and that the team will reach well into the Dance.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by KStyles View Post
          In case anyone doesn't currently, but is thinking about subscribing, 50% off: https://theathletic.com/checkout/?pl...0&source=promo
          Excellent!

Comment

• kitzbuel
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by KStyles View Post
            I have subscribed and I have to say I have enjoyed it. It has pretty good local coverage of a lot of team. I follow Nationals baseball and they do great with that. Good international soccer coverage and really good college hoops coverage.
            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• BurgessEraZag
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2008

THANKS FOR TURNING ME ON TO THE ATHLETIC
              Just took advantage of 50% subscription. The first story read was Rodney Hood telling how happy he is in Portland signing for 5.7M instead of free agency. His reasons sound like GU/Zag reasons: happiness, family, fitting in, and more happiness. Wow, special young man to see the forest for the trees. Suspect Zach Collins like it there too. Stotts seems to be a great coach similar to Few about family. Great locker room.

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by BurgessEraZag View Post
                THANKS FOR TURNING ME ON TO THE ATHLETIC
                Just took advantage of 50% subscription. The first story read was Rodney Hood telling how happy he is in Portland signing for 5.7M instead of free agency. His reasons sound like GU/Zag reasons: happiness, family, fitting in, and more happiness. Wow, special young man to see the forest for the trees. Suspect Zach Collins like it there too. Stotts seems to be a great coach similar to Few about family. Great locker room.
                The Athletic is pretty much the premier mis/long form sports writing group right now. WELL worth the cost.
                History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

Working...
                X