Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things I Did Not Know...Until Today...

The Southeastern Conference schools each received more than $44.6 million in total revenue distributed by the league, a seven-figure increase from the previous fiscal year.

SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said Thursday that the league handed out just over $651 million of total revenue among the 14 members for the 2018-19 fiscal year, which ended Aug. 31, 2019.

That's up from $627.1 million total and $43.1 million per school in 2017-18.

It includes $624.2 million distributed from the conference office, as well as $26.8 million schools kept to offset travel and other related bowl expenses

The total distributed comes from television agreements, postseason bowl games, the College Football Playoff and the SEC football championship game, as well as the league's men's basketball tournament, the NCAA Championships and a supplemental surplus distribution.

No matter how you write today's date, it's a palindrome.

Month, date, year: 02/02/2020

Date, month, year: 02/02/2020

Year, month, date: 2020/02/02

You get the idea. This abundance of twos and zeros makes Feb. 2, 2020 the first international palindrome day in 909 years (since 11/11/1111), and it won't happen again for another 101 years (12/12/2121) on the Gregorian calendar.

If that wasn't enough for you nerds, it's also the 33rd day of 2020 with 333 days to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    No matter how you write today's date, it's a palindrome.

Month, date, year: 02/02/2020

Date, month, year: 02/02/2020

Year, month, date: 2020/02/02

You get the idea. This abundance of twos and zeros makes Feb. 2, 2020 the first international palindrome day in 909 years (since 11/11/1111), and it won't happen again for another 101 years (12/12/2121) on the Gregorian calendar.

If that wasn't enough for you nerds, it's also the 33rd day of 2020 with 333 days to go.
    That's really neat, especially the last part since without it also being a leap year that wouldn't be true.

On February 17 Stormy Daniels is appearing at the Spokane Comedy Club. . .

On February 17 Stormy Daniels is appearing at the Spokane Comedy Club. . .
    My first post in the Foo:

How much will we get to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    My first post in the Foo:

How much will we get to see?

"EGOT" — a person who's won an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony Award.

Six people — Barbra Streisand, Liza Minnelli, James Earl Jones, Alan Menken, Harry Belafonte and Quincy Jones — have achieved EGOT but at least one of their awards was of the honorary/special variety so some might say they don't count. Going just by competitive awards, fifteen people have won at least one of each. Wanna guess who they are? Jot down your answers and then you can check those answers in the article linked below.

You will not get them all.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...and-tony-award

The Vlasic Stork was modeled after Groucho Marx.

Went to COSTCO to pick up a few supplies for my Vegas trip. Cheese, Salami, Hummus. . .no problem. Turned the cart to the corner of the warehouse where the bottled water is usually stored, amongst the TP and Paper Towels.

They were sold out of water, paper towels, and toilet paper. According to one of their associates, there has been a Coronavirus-induced panic buying run on those supplies. He said it wasn't just their warehouse either.

Who knew ?

Went to COSTCO to pick up a few supplies for my Vegas trip. Cheese, Salami, Hummus. . .no problem. Turned the cart to the corner of the warehouse where the bottled water is usually stored, amongst the TP and Paper Towels.

They were sold out of water, paper towels, and toilet paper. According to one of their associates, there has been a Coronavirus-induced panic buying run on those supplies. He said it wasn't just their warehouse either.

Who knew ?
    How is the wine and liquor supply in the Costco's that are able to sell those? That's how I'd stockpile! Does whiskey or vodka kill Covid-19?
    We were there Sunday and I didn't even go down that aisle so I'm not sure if we're sold out too.