Thread: Things I Did Not Know...Until Today...

Default Things I Did Not Know...Until Today...

There are no Winger t-shirts available from Amazon.com.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Up until last week, I thought Butterfly Shrimp were a specific species. Turns out, that's just the way they're cut.
    And I was totally aware of the way chicken and other meat can be butterflied, but in my mind there was just a disconnect when it came to shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Up until last week, I thought Butterfly Shrimp were a specific species. Turns out, that's just the way they're cut.
    And I was totally aware of the way chicken and other meat can be butterflied, but in my mind there was just a disconnect when it came to shrimp.
    The interwebs let me down. Was hoping to find a pic of a "butterfly shrimp"... couldn't find anything other than the real things (butterflied shrimp, butterflies, shrimp). So I guess you can say I didn't know until just now that the interweb doesn't have that handy for my smart-a$$iness.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    The interwebs let me down. Was hoping to find a pic of a "butterfly shrimp"... couldn't find anything other than the real things (butterflied shrimp, butterflies, shrimp). So I guess you can say I didn't know until just now that the interweb doesn't have that handy for my smart-a$$iness.
    I didn't think they had wings lol, just that they were flat bodied vs. round , the same way boats have different bottoms...it made perfect sense (in my mind) with regard to that

https://www.sfgate.com/beer/article/...t-14885616.php

Stitt knows it well because he drew the label. In fact, he’s illustrated 44 of the 45 labels for Anchor Christmas Ale, a beloved annual holiday offering from the 123-year-old brewery that features both a new recipe and unique hand drawn tree every year.

That the Zags played Sunday. Today is Wed.

Please, don't yell. I was considering the best place for sepeku later, but someone has to make up for it.

I also did not know that a car battery can be killed by attempting to start someone else's stupid car battery, and then when trying to restart your own see sparks and smoke, until someone tries it with a charger that is carried around.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

He's a fine letterer, too. Nice work by that gentleman.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I did not know that having a critical meeting 2.5 hours away, and an unreliable battery that have not had time to replace (till tomorrow), that once jumped, I could drive 180 miles, fill with gas with motor idling, keep car on while in meeting, get in car to drive back, leave car on as I ate, leave car on as I get gas, drive home the 180 miles.

Restarted car no problem after getting in driveway.

This morning tried it, didn't even click anything.

Now I gotta go to Walmart, buy a new one, bring it back, and hopefully change it on my own without blowing sht up and doing it right.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I do not like beer made from beets...at least not the one I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    There are no Winger t-shirts available from Amazon.com.
    Winger shirts are now available for all of your holiday shopping needs.

I do not like beer made from beets...at least not the one I tried.
    I haven't tried beet beer, but I do NOT like beer made from pumpkin.

It leaves a cloying taste in my mouth, a feeling like a film on my tongue.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I haven't tried beet beer, but I do NOT like beer made from pumpkin.

It leaves a cloying taste in my mouth, a feeling like a film on my tongue.
    The only pumpkin beer I ever brewed was done in a Thai style, with red curry paste and chilies. It was light on pumpkin and sorta savory. Nothing like the candy sweet, pumpkin spice stuff you see all over.

Generally it's tricky to work in pumpkin. It mostly lacks flavor but imparts a huge amount of starch, leaving you with a big, thick ale that tastes vaguely of squash. Hence all the spices and flavorings to make it taste like "seasonal pumpkin". Never really worked for me, either.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Were it not for his mid season back surgery is 94 -95, when he only coached 12 games, Coach K would have taken his Blue Devils to 35 consecutive NCAA tournaments.

His current streak is 24.
    Izzo is at 23.
    Mark Few is at 21

After loving hunting as a kid, bird hunting at least - bc the dogs got so excited - I had no idea how much I can't stand even the thought of it now.

I know it's hypocritical, I eat meat, and it is far more humane eating wild meat than factory farm, but still...
    Mark Twain.

The spelling on his birth certificate is Scotty Pippin. Found that out seeing the spelling of Junior's name, who plays for Vanderbilt.
    Agent provocateur

I didn't know this Saturday's game was a 1:00pm start

Since the Schedule of Destiny was published in November, Tip Times have been published and / or updated by GU Athletics Dept and are shown below:

THUR 1/9 @ USD 7:00pm . KHQ / ROOT

SAT 1/11 @ LMU 1:00pm . FOX28 / ROOT

SAT 1/25 PAC 7:00pm . FOX28 / ROOT

SAT 2/1 @ USF 1:00pm . KHQ / ROOT

SAT 2/8 @ SMC 7:00pm . ESPN or ESPN2

THU 2/27 USD 6:00pm . KHQ / ROOT

SAT 2/29 SMC 7:00pm . ESPN or ESPN2
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-09-2020 at 08:14 AM.

With 196 yards, Raheem Mostert is 44 yards away from matching the total number of yards he ran for in his first three seasons at Purdue.

I didn't know that the WCC standings are thus:

GU: 6-0

BYU
    SCU
    SMC
    USF
    Pac ALL are 3-2

Pepp: 2-3

UP
    LMU
    USD All 1-4(5)

We have definitely fattened up on the bottom feeders.

3 of out 6 wins against the bottoms
    1 against a sub 500
    2 against the 3-2

I think BYU and Pacific will pull away from SCU and SMC
    Mark Twain.

There is a network called, “American Trigger Sports Network.”

I was looking for broadcast information for tonight’s Gonzaga game. I looked on the cbssports website. They listed ATSN as the broadcaster. Out of curiosity, I googled those initials and found a lot of apocalyptic doomsday prepper content. I don’t think that network will carry a lot of college basketball.

Is this one on the AT&T Sports Network, perhaps?

I was looking for broadcast information for tonight’s Gonzaga game. I looked on the cbssports website. They listed ATSN as the broadcaster. Out of curiosity, I googled those initials and found a lot of apocalyptic doomsday prepper content. I don’t think that network will carry a lot of college basketball.

In addition to being on ROOT, the game is being broadcast on AT&T Sportsnet's Rocky Mountain and Southwest feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    In addition to being on ROOT, the game is being broadcast on AT&T Sportsnet's Rocky Mountain and Southwest feeds.
    Here in my Spokane area, it is on Fox 28. I left Direct TV and went to Dish because Direct wasn't carrying 28. Now Dish isn't.

I started a HULU account to watch tonights game.I will delete it after the game.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

It is 6,775 steps from my kitchen to the Safeway Juice & Dairy cooler and back. Beautiful day for a stroll. Sunny, mid 50's, gentle breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    It is 6,775 steps from my kitchen to the Safeway Juice & Dairy cooler and back. Beautiful day for a stroll. Sunny, mid 50's, gentle breeze.
    What a wonderful thing to do on a great day. I will bet that Reno is just beautiful on a day like that - love the topography around Reno.

I learned that upon putting two new lawn mower blades on the riding mower, I somehow dropped the carriage down enough that if I have it on the lowest (as I always do around the house) I actually dig into dirt occasionally, it's that tight, so I put it up one level and you can practically putt on my grass.

We have basically 3 main areas, the one area totally around the house is getting the putting green to about 30-40 yards out. I am also making a putting green "lane" from the house down to the lake where we fish. In the summer, the grass near the lake is not a place you want to just flip flop through - - so I mowed a huge field way down, and then even further, I also mow a "lane" the width of a road that is as low as it gets, totally safe to walk down. I have one area right on the shore of the lake (3 acre lake/pond) where I fish, and I keep a circle area there about 15 yds in diameter to fish, and pull reeds out in winter so fishing line doesn't get caught up.

There are some BIG bass in that lake. I know bc I have caught 3 that were over 5 lbs, and 10-20 that were over 4, and that was one or two years ago - threw them back, so they're down there, just getting bigger.
    Mark Twain.

97,000 gallons of cabernet sauvignon spilled at the Rodney Strong Vineyards in Healdsburg last Wednesday. Estimates showed anywhere between 46,000 and 96,000 gallons reached the Russian River.

Trout and salmon spokesfish lamented the pairing, while catfish and crawfish opted in.

FYI
    97,000 gallons =367,185 liters

367,185 / .75 = 489,580 bottles or approximately 40,800 cases of wine.
    Last edited by RenoZag; Today at 03:20 PM.