Thread: Things I Did Not Know...Until Today...

Default Things I Did Not Know...Until Today...

There are no Winger t-shirts available from Amazon.com.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Up until last week, I thought Butterfly Shrimp were a specific species. Turns out, that's just the way they're cut.
    And I was totally aware of the way chicken and other meat can be butterflied, but in my mind there was just a disconnect when it came to shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Up until last week, I thought Butterfly Shrimp were a specific species. Turns out, that's just the way they're cut.
    And I was totally aware of the way chicken and other meat can be butterflied, but in my mind there was just a disconnect when it came to shrimp.
    The interwebs let me down. Was hoping to find a pic of a "butterfly shrimp"... couldn't find anything other than the real things (butterflied shrimp, butterflies, shrimp). So I guess you can say I didn't know until just now that the interweb doesn't have that handy for my smart-a$$iness.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    The interwebs let me down. Was hoping to find a pic of a "butterfly shrimp"... couldn't find anything other than the real things (butterflied shrimp, butterflies, shrimp). So I guess you can say I didn't know until just now that the interweb doesn't have that handy for my smart-a$$iness.
    I didn't think they had wings lol, just that they were flat bodied vs. round , the same way boats have different bottoms...it made perfect sense (in my mind) with regard to that