Thread: OT: Are they kidding?

Default OT: Are they kidding?

Seriously? Here is the breakdown of the Damian Lillard supermax extension with Portland: $43.75, $47.25, $50.75 and $54.25 million. Lillard will become the first $50 million player in NBA history and $257 million in combined salary. Speechless, without speech.....

Obviously he should have stayed in school....what could he have been thinking....

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Seriously? Here is the breakdown of the Damian Lillard supermax extension with Portland: $43.75, $47.25, $50.75 and $54.25 million. Lillard will become the first $50 million player in NBA history and $257 million in combined salary. Speechless, without speech.....
    NBA is just raking in cash. The CBA designates that 57% of the league income has to go to players salaries, so with the salary cap at 109 Million this year, the NBA projects that teams will net about 100 million each in profit during the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    NBA is just raking in cash. The CBA designates that 57% of the league income has to go to players salaries, so with the salary cap at 109 Million this year, the NBA projects that teams will net about 100 million each in profit during the next season.
    Granted, but TV ratings were down, right? Where is the cash coming from?

Someone needs to put this into perspective for suggs so he doesn't risk getting hurt with football. Even below avg no name players are making almost $10 mil a year. It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Granted, but TV ratings were down, right? Where is the cash coming from?
    I don't think I can say much without violating posting rules, but stadiums built by taxpayers lowers the overhead quite a bit. Losing the Sonics the way we did almost ruined the NBA for me.

Just imagine what the likes of: Wilt, Karem, Julius, Mike, Magic, Oscar, West, Bird and others would be making today!

Just to keep it in perspective The Spruance Class Destroyer on which I commissioned cost $275M...and it could move a heck of a lot faster than him and pull 30-40 water skiers too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Just imagine what the likes of: Wilt, Karem, Julius, Mike, Magic, Oscar, West, Bird and others would be making today!

Just to keep it in perspective The Spruance Class Destroyer on which I commissioned cost $275M...and it could move a heck of a lot faster than him and pull 30-40 water skiers too!
    Aye aye, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

My daughter is an engineer designing this next generation of littoral Destroyers at Ingalls shipyard.

"In 2015, Ingalls Shipbuilding Company signed a contract with US Navy for new destroyers, littoral combat ships, and new landing craft. USS John Finn (DDG-113) was one of the first new destroyers and was launched on March 28. The company is also building the USS Ralph Johnson (DDG-114), USS Paul Ignatius (DDG-117) and USS Delbert D. Black (DDG-119)."

https://ingalls.huntingtoningalls.com/
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

NBA salaries should we a win/win for all political mindsets.

Free market minds will love that they get paid what the market dictates
    Wealth Redistributors will love that the majority of NBA/NFL players go broke within years of retirement, so they are spreading that massive salary around and redistributing it voluntarily

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Obviously he should have stayed in school....what could he have been thinking....

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    My daughter is an engineer designing this next generation of littoral Destroyers at Ingalls shipyard.

"In 2015, Ingalls Shipbuilding Company signed a contract with US Navy for new destroyers, littoral combat ships, and new landing craft. USS John Finn (DDG-113) was one of the first new destroyers and was launched on March 28. The company is also building the USS Ralph Johnson (DDG-114), USS Paul Ignatius (DDG-117) and USS Delbert D. Black (DDG-119)."

https://ingalls.huntingtoningalls.com/
    The O'Bannon (DD-987) was also built by Ingalls in Pascagoula, MS...I wonder what these new ones are costing?

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    No wonder small market teams don’t care if they aren’t competitive. The owners are printing money for themselves. There’s no impetus for a hard cap like the NFL.