Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 131

Thread: 2021 - Kaden Perry Verbal Commit

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    503

    Default

    It's a joke that people compare Kaden to Brandon!!













    Kaden is way better in HS than Brandon was!

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    That video shows an aggressive and high effort level you don’t always see in HS kids. Very impressive, this kid is going to blow up nationally IMO. Wait to see him in two years when he’s added more strength and maturity.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #78

    Default

    he's still pretty raw, but that's typical for athletic bigs at this point...will be interesting to see how much growth before he arrives both physically and skill wise...if he has a couple more inches in him he'll be a monster.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    he's still pretty raw, but that's typical for athletic bigs at this point...will be interesting to see how much growth before he arrives both physically and skill wise...if he has a couple more inches in him he'll be a monster.
    He’s already a monster.

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    He’s already a monster.
    at the high school level...i'm talking as a zag...

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    58

    Default

    According to Steven Karr tweet: 28 points and 17 reboutns for Kaden Petter tonight.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,327

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,013

    Default

    Sorry but that was kind of awful. Like a HS senior video project.

    Merry Christmas ZagNation
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  9. #84

    Default

    kaden really struggled for the first time this season in the first round of the lsi against melson's old team, oregon 6a juggernaut jefferson.

    fouled out around halfway through the 3rd quarter with i believe 10pts on 2-10 shooting...first time going up against a frontcourt with two guys his size and athleticism - i think one is a wazoo commit.

    https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/tags/kaden-perry

    will get a chance to go up against potential zag recruit ben gregg in round 2, though gregg is banged up a bit.

    gregg's clackamas team lost to nate bittle's crater team 71-54 as bittle went off for 40+

    btw: kaden's team already defeated bittle in crater's season opener...kaden was too strong and athletic for bittle in that one.

    expect the same against gregg in the matchup today Friday at noon. gregg and bittle are both more finesse bigs who can shoot it
    Last edited by WallaWallaZag; 12-27-2019 at 01:20 AM.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,327

    Default

    Freshman star Marquis Cook helps Jefferson silence Battle Ground; Democrats set sights on LSI title

    https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/g6...Y9lsmNJgyv6Xx8

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    kaden really struggled for the first time this season in the first round of the lsi against melson's old team, oregon 6a juggernaut jefferson.

    fouled out around halfway through the 3rd quarter with i believe 10pts on 2-10 shooting...first time going up against a frontcourt with two guys his size and athleticism - i think one is a wazoo commit.

    https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/tags/kaden-perry

    will get a chance to go up against potential zag recruit ben gregg in round 2, though gregg is banged up a bit.

    gregg's clackamas team lost to nate bittle's crater team 71-54 as bittle went off for 40+

    btw: kaden's team already defeated bittle in crater's season opener...kaden was too strong and athletic for bittle in that one.

    expect the same against gregg in the matchup today Friday at noon. gregg and bittle are both more finesse bigs who can shoot it
    Also mentioned in the article:

    Facing double teams on a consistent basis, Perry did pile up 10 points, 11 rebounds, four blocks, two assists and two steals before fouling out with 2:56 remaining in the third quarter. He was whistled his final three fouls in about a minute of game time.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Learning experience. Gives him some idea of what prime time will be like and what he needs to work on

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,327

    Default

    Perry with 24 pts

    Clackamas Cavaliers edges Battle Ground Tigers 63-59 in Oregon high school basketball game
    Scorebook Live Report
    Dec 27, 2019
    Liberty High School - Clackamas Forward Ben Gregg led all scorers with 32 points as the Cavaliers beat Battle Ground Tigers 63-59 in a game at Liberty High School.

    Nate Millspaugh added 22. Battle Ground fell to 4-4 overall while Clackamas improved their record to 2-2.

    Battle Ground's next game is scheduled to be played at Les Schwab Invitational on Saturday Dec. 28 at 12:00pm versus Tbd.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Perry with 24 pts

    Clackamas Cavaliers edges Battle Ground Tigers 63-59 in Oregon high school basketball game
    Scorebook Live Report
    Dec 27, 2019
    Liberty High School - Clackamas Forward Ben Gregg led all scorers with 32 points as the Cavaliers beat Battle Ground Tigers 63-59 in a game at Liberty High School.

    Nate Millspaugh added 22. Battle Ground fell to 4-4 overall while Clackamas improved their record to 2-2.

    Battle Ground's next game is scheduled to be played at Les Schwab Invitational on Saturday Dec. 28 at 12:00pm versus Tbd.
    Big game for Perry and Gregg. Gregg is still on our radar but we are in the monitoring phase still.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,727

    Default

    Caldwell, two Oregon freshmen stood out yesterday. (Surreal). Any info on either of them?

    Freshman Marquis Cook had 22 points and eight rebounds for the Jefferson Democrats.

    Freshman Jackson Shelstad had 20 points and four assists for the West Linn Lions.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Caldwell, two Oregon freshmen stood out yesterday. (Surreal). Any info on either of them?

    Freshman Marquis Cook had 22 points and eight rebounds for the Jefferson Democrats.

    Freshman Jackson Shelstad had 20 points and four assists for the West Linn Lions.
    I would have to make a call to find out. It's a little early but sure we have seen them and are aware if they are putting up those numbers.

    Tommy is in Oregon right now watching Kaden. He was there for the Gregg vs Perry match up so that is good for Gregg.

  17. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I would have to make a call to find out. It's a little early but sure we have seen them and are aware if they are putting up those numbers.

    Tommy is in Oregon right now watching Kaden. He was there for the Gregg vs Perry match up so that is good for Gregg.
    a lot of young talent at the les schwab invitational...doesn't seem like much in the oregon senior class however.

    kaden not getting much help from his teammates...hopefully they can at least leave the lsi with a win today.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,327

    Default

    "Kaden Perry is somewhat of an anomaly, as the Gonzaga commit is a regional talent not widely known outside the Pacific Northwest. The 6’8” 210 pound forward is a force from basket to basket, as he runs with full effort, makes plays all over the court, whether it is a loose ball, block, or dunk. He isn’t discouraged by the last play, as his focus is on making something happen at the next given opportunity and it shows on the court and box score. In a losing effort at the Les Schwab Invitational versus Lake Oswego, Perry had a monster game of 29 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks. His high motor is what scouts are raving about, and his athletic abilities are what have fans awestruck. He has the athleticism to catch lobs and block shots, the finesse and finish to score around the basket, and the spirit to keep battling past the first and second attempts. I was able to catch up with him at the Les Schwab Invitational and ask him some questions regarding his game.

    Albert: You play with a lot of effort, where does this come from?

    Perry: I mean, just naturally, wanting to play hard, and be the hardest working player on the court. I mean, if you play with effort, you can do anything you want. Basically, that’s where that comes from.


    Albert: Which professional player do you compare yourself to?

    Perry: I don’t watch a lot of NBA basketball, so I don’t have anyone to compare to. Watching Gonzaga, Brandon Clarke, with a lot of high motor. So that’s who I compare myself to.



    Albert: Things you are looking to improve on at the collegiate level?

    Perry: Ball handling, shooting, even a few post moves. Just always trying to improve.



    Albert: Is there a chip on your shoulder not being ranked in the ESPN60 for top juniors?

    Perry: I mean, yeah there’s a chip. I want to get on there, I want to prove that I’m good - and I should be on there.

    Albert: What are your goals for the rest of the season?

    Perry: I mean, get back to State. Have a good run with this team. Just keep surprising teams that show up. We are a good team we can show up and play your game.



    Albert: What makes you different from all the other forwards out there?

    Perry: Just keeping quick, explosive, and having a high mootor. There’s a lot of talent out there, but I definitely feel like I have the athleticness on my side.



    Albert: How do you see yourself transitioning at the next level with Mark Few at Gonzaga?

    Perry: Hopefully being a defensive force, using my explosiveness and quickness to get the ball up and down the court, helping the team.

    Albert: Anything to say to all the Gonzaga fans out there?

    Perry: Go Zags!"

    https://ibestofthewestblog.tumblr.co...3R13-IJ3cwNljA

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,327

    Default

    Leadership on and off the court

    “Gonzaga has always been my dream. I mean, how they’ve developed their big men and what they do with them. I mean, they put two great posts in the NBA just last year and I’ve just always felt like they could do a lot and help me with a lot of my game.” Perry said. “So, just seeing how much work I’ve been putting in to basketball and finally getting the offer I wanted is really so special.”

    http://www.thereflector.com/sports/a...0ZTFCIVNY8Mqkk

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,683

    Default Rivals Top-100

    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,327

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,727

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,327

    Default

    Averaged 15.5 boards per game

    Manny Melo
    @Coach_Melo
    · Feb 20
    @Kaden_Perry20 comes in at 23rd in the country at rebounds this season. Big time!

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    I can’t imagine him being as heady of a player as we saw with Brandon Clarke, even though that’s the natural comparison. He sounds like he has more of a natural instinct for rebounding, which will be exciting. I hope he isn’t just a one and done because I have to think he’d be a draw for whatever 2022 guard the Zags might be recruiting...

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I can’t imagine him being as heady of a player as we saw with Brandon Clarke, even though that’s the natural comparison. He sounds like he has more of a natural instinct for rebounding, which will be exciting. I hope he isn’t just a one and done because I have to think he’d be a draw for whatever 2022 guard the Zags might be recruiting...
    Nothing close to a one-and-done. He’s probably a 4-year player. I doubt we see him on the floor anymore than we see Pavel as a freshman. My guess is he might see Timme minutes as a junior. All this idle speculation, contingent on how he develops and the needs of the team. He is not currently a plug and play talent like either Timme or Watson.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •