Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Kaden Perry Verbal Commit

Default 2021 - Kaden Perry Verbal Commit

Well the class of 2021 is off to a good start. I hinted at this a few weeks back that there was a local prospect that we might land soon. Perry was the guy he Verbally Committed today.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Well the class of 2021 is off to a good start. I hinted at this a few weeks back that there was a local prospect that we might land soon. Perry was the guy he Verbally Committed today.
    Great news. Gotta love his athleticism!

Fantastic! This kid is an absolute stud!

As a Battle Ground HS alum, this is pretty exciting for me! Same school as Richie Frahm... same school district as Dan Dickau and Zach Gourde (Prairie HS). I don’t think we’ve had a SW Washington scholarship kid on the team since Raivio... exciting to see another high level player coming out of Clark County.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    As a Battle Ground HS alum, this is pretty exciting for me! Same school as Richie Frahm... same school district as Dan Dickau and Zach Gourde (Prairie HS). I don’t think we’ve had a SW Washington scholarship kid on the team since Raivio... exciting to see another high level player coming out of Clark County.
    Is Perry the best BGHS big man since Mike Brotherton?

(Sorry, obscure reference from my year at Battle Ground back in the early '90s.)

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    Is Perry the best BGHS big man since Mike Brotherton?

(Sorry, obscure reference from my year at Battle Ground back in the early '90s.)
    Probably - but I remain partial to the Bohanan brothers - an obscure reference to my time at BG in the mid 90’s

Brandon Clarke clone.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Brandon Clarke clone.
    Def what I’ve been thinking watching his highlight videos. I’m excited to have a little extra motivation to head to some of the ol’ alma mater’s games the next couple years.

From Brandon Clarke’s Twitter:

This looks slightly similar to something I remember...🤔🤔😂

WIBCA D1 Recruiting Showcase: Super 5

https://www.prephoops.com/2019/07/wi...wcase-super-5/

Quote Originally Posted by gundysmullet View Post
    Found this interesting from the link.

At the two guard, Liam Lloyd played with supreme confidence all weekend and would be in my starting five for the event. He was averaging nearly 30 points per game after day one mixing in some dunks and long bomb threes. Davidson’s coach flew in to see him play in one game and again that goes to show that he is a priority for some good college program
    It’s already been established. Liam doesn’t want to play for dad nor does Tommy want to coach son.

Where did I mention either of those things?
    Ugh, Spy. Why is everything a slight or argument with you?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Ugh, Gundy*. Why is everything a slight or argument with you?
    To be fair, I feel you should respect his updated username and not refer to an older log in. If he wants to go by gundysmullet now, then so be it.

*fixed it for you

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Found this interesting from the link.

At the two guard, Liam Lloyd played with supreme confidence all weekend and would be in my starting five for the event. He was averaging nearly 30 points per game after day one mixing in some dunks and long bomb threes. Davidson’s coach flew in to see him play in one game and again that goes to show that he is a priority for some good college program
    Thanks for the post; I was glad to see it. Liam is obviously working hard on his game. A bit like David Stockton to me, as when I saw him as a soph I thought he'd be no more than a walkon at the D1 level. This year was great on the day that I saw him, v Fed Way, with 14 first qtr points on 4 3's on the way to a 19 pt game. Got a lot stronger and really improved his jumper btw his soph and jr yearl; very impressive. Gotta be a gym rat w/ a desire to be the best he can.

Manny Melo
    @Coach_Melo
    · 4h
    Congrats to @Kaden_Perry20 for getting invited to participate with @usabasketball this weekend!

Gonna surprise us. He's very very good. Some improvement he'll get while at GU and he's "next level" material. BobZag is very correct. Looks a lot like Clarke....he really does have the goods to be special.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Gonna surprise us. He's very very good. Some improvement he'll get while at GU and he's "next level" material. BobZag is very correct. Looks a lot like Clarke....he really does have the goods to be special.
    He is a stud and he does not get the love we need to give him because he committed so quietly and quickly. Kaden is the heart of the 2021 class, the parts around him may rank higher, but he is our Dom Harris of 2021.

Im thrilled. Total under the radar player and seems like a really nice kid to boot. Its probably unfair to compare him to Clarke's success but since we only got one year of Clarke on the court I think we're all clamoring for more.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Im thrilled. Total under the radar player and seems like a really nice kid to boot. Its probably unfair to compare him to Clarke's success but since we only got one year of Clarke on the court I think we're all clamoring for more.
    Seems like hes just tapping his potential. Will be interesting to see how he climbs the recruiting rankings as he was largely an unknown when he committed. I see the Clarke comparison as he is a very bouncy athlete who seems like hes just starting to figure basketball out.

FWIW when Clarke committed to GU, I looked up his hs recruiting rank on 247 and it was something like 51st pf in his hs class, so probably +- 250 overall. So Perry is considered better at the same stage, not that that means anything, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    FWIW when Clarke committed to GU, I looked up his hs recruiting rank on 247 and it was something like 51st pf in his hs class, so probably +- 250 overall. So Perry is considered better at the same stage, not that that means anything, of course.
    Clarke was a late bloomer. He hit a huge growth spurt in college.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    In maturity yes but not in physical size. He was 6’7 190lbs coming in and left at 6’8” 210lbs.

Clarke is also one of the most intelligent and disciplined bigs the Zags have ever had. He also blocked a lot of shots that stayed inbounds. There’s going to be 20 or so teams that wished they’d drafted him in the near future...

growth spurt happened late in high school, so that affected recruiting...and if you've seen his old shooting mechanics you can understand why he wasn't heavily recruited despite the obvious athleticism.

clarke does have an innate feel for the game that is underrated...something that was/is a knock on rui...and i don't think kaden perry has quite the same basketball iq, though basing this off very limited sample size.