Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: 2021 - Kaden Perry Verbal Commit

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,051

    Default

    Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello
    · 22h
    North Carolina pledge Caleb Love was perhaps the most impressive player this evening at USA minicamp. Made play after play.

    Other guys who stood out or showed flashes: Jalen Green, Kaden Perry, Justin Lewis, DaRon Holmes, among others.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Welcome Kaden Perry
    I love seeing WA HS kids end up at as a Zag.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello
    · 22h
    North Carolina pledge Caleb Love was perhaps the most impressive player this evening at USA minicamp. Made play after play.

    Other guys who stood out or showed flashes: Jalen Green, Kaden Perry, Justin Lewis, DaRon Holmes, among others.
    Some pretty talented company!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    505

    Default

    https://mobile.twitter.com/insidethekennel?lang=en

    Inside the Kennels Twitter had a couple videos from USA basketball, one shows Perry, the other Holmgren. Hope the link works.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,992

    Default

    At age 16 I’d say he’s one of the finest players and kids we’ve had in an awful long time. I just hope we can keep him. The Blues will be on him shortly if they aren’t already. He’s a Clarke type kid at this very young age. Sensational! Very nice young man too!

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    At age 16 I’d say he’s one of the finest players and kids we’ve had in an awful long time. I just hope we can keep him. The Blues will be on him shortly if they aren’t already. He’s a Clarke type kid at this very young age. Sensational! Very nice young man too!
    Are you serious? We already went through this once with Dominick Harris. Can we please accept that some kids want to be a part of Gonzaga more than the "Blues"?

    The kids that are making a great choice, I might add.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,992

    Default

    Yes I am serious. He's can't sign till next November...he becomes even more spectacular. The Blues will come looking. Believe it not!!, They have a way of turning heads!! We are WCC not SEC or P10. It can happen and actually HAS happened. I suspect this kid has been overlooked ( see his offers) but once services know how great this kid is, there WILL be phone calls of interest. By the time he graduates, I'm thinking a high 4 or even a 5 star kid. Who doesn't want those?? "Hey I see that you verballed to Gonzaga when you were a sophomore. If you decide to look around, you'd be welcome visit us at UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA so on" .

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Yes I am serious. He's can't sign till next November...he becomes even more spectacular. The Blues will come looking. Believe it not!!, They have a way of turning heads!! We are WCC not SEC or P10. It can happen and actually HAS happened. I suspect this kid has been overlooked ( see his offers) but once services know how great this kid is, there WILL be phone calls of interest. By the time he graduates, I'm thinking a high 4 or even a 5 star kid. Who doesn't want those?? "Hey I see that you verballed to Gonzaga when you were a sophomore. If you decide to look around, you'd be welcome visit us at UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA so on" .
    I'd be more worried if this was football. In basketball coaches seem to back off once someone verbals and you dont have many decommits. In football coaches still chase and recruits take official visits and everything, players change commitments like underwear. Perry stated he almost cried when GU offered. I feel pretty confident he'll end up a Zag.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,992

    Default

    Me too Bd. I just hope we can hang onto him. He’s going to be special. Big kid, big leaper and so young! If this hidden kid becomes a national item, I’m just a little worried. Sharks and That considered.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Yes I am serious. He's can't sign till next November...he becomes even more spectacular. The Blues will come looking. Believe it not!!, They have a way of turning heads!! We are WCC not SEC or P10. It can happen and actually HAS happened. I suspect this kid has been overlooked ( see his offers) but once services know how great this kid is, there WILL be phone calls of interest. By the time he graduates, I'm thinking a high 4 or even a 5 star kid. Who doesn't want those?? "Hey I see that you verballed to Gonzaga when you were a sophomore. If you decide to look around, you'd be welcome visit us at UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA so on" .
    This is a absurd take. Kaden's always wanted to go to Gonzaga and verbally committed literally as soon as he got the offer. The odds of me becoming a billionaire tomorrow is more likely then this happening.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    This is a absurd take. Kaden's always wanted to go to Gonzaga and verbally committed literally as soon as he got the offer. The odds of me becoming a billionaire tomorrow is more likely then this happening.
    Can I borrow a few million? Just 'til the end of the month!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Can I borrow a few million? Just 'til the end of the month!
    Ask me tomorrow

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    This is a absurd take. Kaden's always wanted to go to Gonzaga and verbally committed literally as soon as he got the offer. The odds of me becoming a billionaire tomorrow is more likely then this happening.
    What the hell's with you so called, self appointed experts?? He commits when he's a sophomore.ie 16.....and almost cries! Ever hear of teems changing their mind?? Happens every day. More so when a kid see's a greener pasture. Greener to them with some persuasion. I don't see other pastures as greener but teens do all the time. Verbal commitments don't matter ( non binding) till a kid signs, He got till next November ( more than a year) to sign. And NO it's not absurd. Happens all the time a kid opens his recruitment again. I hope he doesn't and sticks with us. I think he's a rising star. He'll gather lots of attention....and who knows what sharks will try. All I'm saying is that it's not out of the realm of possibility...…...so what's with the arguments??

    All this over my statement " I hope we can keep him"..

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    What the hell's with you so called, self appointed experts?? He commits when he's a sophomore.ie 16.....and almost cries! Ever hear of teems changing their mind?? Happens every day. More so when a kid see's a greener pasture. Greener to them with some persuasion. I don't see other pastures as greener but teens do all the time. Verbal commitments don't matter ( non binding) till a kid signs, He got till next November ( more than a year) to sign. And NO it's not absurd. Happens all the time a kid opens his recruitment again. I hope he doesn't and sticks with us. I think he's a rising star. He'll gather lots of attention....and who knows what sharks will try. All I'm saying is that it's not out of the realm of possibility...…...so what's with the arguments??

    All this over my statement " I hope we can keep him"..
    Doc, I know in football recruiting, it is a dog-eat-dog world where after an high schooler verbals, other schools will not honor that verbal and continue to recruit that youngster. However, in basketball I understand that when a high schooler verbally commits almost all schools honor that verbal as if it was a signed letter. If what I have heard is accurate, then his verbal might well stand until, for some reason, the youngster decides to re-open his recruitment as Williams has done.

    This I don't know...has a GU recruit that has verbally committed ever backed out and committed to another school?
    Last edited by Bogozags; 10-14-2019 at 02:53 PM.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    What the hell's with you so called, self appointed experts?? He commits when he's a sophomore.ie 16.....and almost cries! Ever hear of teems changing their mind?? Happens every day. More so when a kid see's a greener pasture. Greener to them with some persuasion. I don't see other pastures as greener but teens do all the time. Verbal commitments don't matter ( non binding) till a kid signs, He got till next November ( more than a year) to sign. And NO it's not absurd. Happens all the time a kid opens his recruitment again. I hope he doesn't and sticks with us. I think he's a rising star. He'll gather lots of attention....and who knows what sharks will try. All I'm saying is that it's not out of the realm of possibility...…...so what's with the arguments??

    All this over my statement " I hope we can keep him"..
    You’re correct Doc, post-acceptance defection is always a possibility especially before an official LOI is inked. And this is an increasing risk as the quality of Gonzaga’s recruiting elevates.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    As the moderator here I am going to step in and say enough on this. Both parties please keep it focused only on the kid please, not each other.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,051

    Default

    Brock Osweiler is the only commit that I can think of that has ever left in the recent years -- went to Arizona State to play football (had committed to the Zags after his freshman year).

    Kaden seems like he loves being a member of the Zag family and should be fine.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,992

    Default

    My comments weren’t limited to a Gonzaga.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Have a little faith. Some kids were meant to be a ZAG and have dreamed about this. I'm not worried one bit about Kaden being swayed in a different direction.
    America's Team!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    505

    Default

    With Kaden I'd be surprised if anyone offered him a scholarship unless he came out and announced he was opening his recruitment back up. Basketball does seem more civilized than football in that way. Seems like he wants to be a Zag and I feel confident he will be in a couple years. Just not something I'll spend time worrying about.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    My comments weren’t limited to a Gonzaga.
    When reading it as a third party, you quoted a person and said "What the hell's with you so called, self appointed experts??"

    I agree it wasn't limited to Gonzaga and really has no room in this thread. We need to clean up the Whelping Box (myself included).

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    As the moderator here I am going to step in and say enough on this. Both parties please keep it focused only on the kid please, not each other.
    Sorry...got wrapped up in the conversation...no harm intended!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •