Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2021 - Kaden Perry Verbal Commit

Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello
    · 22h
    North Carolina pledge Caleb Love was perhaps the most impressive player this evening at USA minicamp. Made play after play.

Other guys who stood out or showed flashes: Jalen Green, Kaden Perry, Justin Lewis, DaRon Holmes, among others.

Welcome Kaden Perry
    I love seeing WA HS kids end up at as a Zag.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello
    · 22h
    North Carolina pledge Caleb Love was perhaps the most impressive player this evening at USA minicamp. Made play after play.

Other guys who stood out or showed flashes: Jalen Green, Kaden Perry, Justin Lewis, DaRon Holmes, among others.
    Some pretty talented company!

https://mobile.twitter.com/insidethekennel?lang=en

Inside the Kennels Twitter had a couple videos from USA basketball, one shows Perry, the other Holmgren. Hope the link works.

At age 16 I’d say he’s one of the finest players and kids we’ve had in an awful long time. I just hope we can keep him. The Blues will be on him shortly if they aren’t already. He’s a Clarke type kid at this very young age. Sensational! Very nice young man too!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    At age 16 I’d say he’s one of the finest players and kids we’ve had in an awful long time. I just hope we can keep him. The Blues will be on him shortly if they aren’t already. He’s a Clarke type kid at this very young age. Sensational! Very nice young man too!
    Are you serious? We already went through this once with Dominick Harris. Can we please accept that some kids want to be a part of Gonzaga more than the "Blues"?

The kids that are making a great choice, I might add.

Yes I am serious. He's can't sign till next November...he becomes even more spectacular. The Blues will come looking. Believe it not!!, They have a way of turning heads!! We are WCC not SEC or P10. It can happen and actually HAS happened. I suspect this kid has been overlooked ( see his offers) but once services know how great this kid is, there WILL be phone calls of interest. By the time he graduates, I'm thinking a high 4 or even a 5 star kid. Who doesn't want those?? "Hey I see that you verballed to Gonzaga when you were a sophomore. If you decide to look around, you'd be welcome visit us at UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA so on" .

Yes I am serious. He's can't sign till next November...he becomes even more spectacular. The Blues will come looking. Believe it not!!, They have a way of turning heads!! We are WCC not SEC or P10. It can happen and actually HAS happened. I suspect this kid has been overlooked ( see his offers) but once services know how great this kid is, there WILL be phone calls of interest. By the time he graduates, I'm thinking a high 4 or even a 5 star kid. Who doesn't want those?? "Hey I see that you verballed to Gonzaga when you were a sophomore. If you decide to look around, you'd be welcome visit us at UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA so on" .
    I'd be more worried if this was football. In basketball coaches seem to back off once someone verbals and you dont have many decommits. In football coaches still chase and recruits take official visits and everything, players change commitments like underwear. Perry stated he almost cried when GU offered. I feel pretty confident he'll end up a Zag.

Me too Bd. I just hope we can hang onto him. He’s going to be special. Big kid, big leaper and so young! If this hidden kid becomes a national item, I’m just a little worried. Sharks and That considered.

This is a absurd take. Kaden's always wanted to go to Gonzaga and verbally committed literally as soon as he got the offer. The odds of me becoming a billionaire tomorrow is more likely then this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    This is a absurd take. Kaden's always wanted to go to Gonzaga and verbally committed literally as soon as he got the offer. The odds of me becoming a billionaire tomorrow is more likely then this happening.
    Can I borrow a few million? Just 'til the end of the month!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Can I borrow a few million? Just 'til the end of the month!
    Ask me tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    What the hell's with you so called, self appointed experts?? He commits when he's a sophomore.ie 16.....and almost cries! Ever hear of teems changing their mind?? Happens every day. More so when a kid see's a greener pasture. Greener to them with some persuasion. I don't see other pastures as greener but teens do all the time. Verbal commitments don't matter ( non binding) till a kid signs, He got till next November ( more than a year) to sign. And NO it's not absurd. Happens all the time a kid opens his recruitment again. I hope he doesn't and sticks with us. I think he's a rising star. He'll gather lots of attention....and who knows what sharks will try. All I'm saying is that it's not out of the realm of possibility...…...so what's with the arguments??

All this over my statement " I hope we can keep him"..

What the hell's with you so called, self appointed experts?? He commits when he's a sophomore.ie 16.....and almost cries! Ever hear of teems changing their mind?? Happens every day. More so when a kid see's a greener pasture. Greener to them with some persuasion. I don't see other pastures as greener but teens do all the time. Verbal commitments don't matter ( non binding) till a kid signs, He got till next November ( more than a year) to sign. And NO it's not absurd. Happens all the time a kid opens his recruitment again. I hope he doesn't and sticks with us. I think he's a rising star. He'll gather lots of attention....and who knows what sharks will try. All I'm saying is that it's not out of the realm of possibility...…...so what's with the arguments??

Doc, I know in football recruiting, it is a dog-eat-dog world where after an high schooler verbals, other schools will not honor that verbal and continue to recruit that youngster. However, in basketball I understand that when a high schooler verbally commits almost all schools honor that verbal as if it was a signed letter. If what I have heard is accurate, then his verbal might well stand until, for some reason, the youngster decides to re-open his recruitment as Williams has done.

This I don't know...has a GU recruit that has verbally committed ever backed out and committed to another school?
    Last edited by Bogozags; 10-14-2019 at 02:53 PM.

You’re correct Doc, post-acceptance defection is always a possibility especially before an official LOI is inked. And this is an increasing risk as the quality of Gonzaga’s recruiting elevates.

As the moderator here I am going to step in and say enough on this. Both parties please keep it focused only on the kid please, not each other.

Brock Osweiler is the only commit that I can think of that has ever left in the recent years -- went to Arizona State to play football (had committed to the Zags after his freshman year).

Kaden seems like he loves being a member of the Zag family and should be fine.

My comments weren’t limited to a Gonzaga.

Have a little faith. Some kids were meant to be a ZAG and have dreamed about this. I'm not worried one bit about Kaden being swayed in a different direction.
    America's Team!

With Kaden I'd be surprised if anyone offered him a scholarship unless he came out and announced he was opening his recruitment back up. Basketball does seem more civilized than football in that way. Seems like he wants to be a Zag and I feel confident he will be in a couple years. Just not something I'll spend time worrying about.

My comments weren’t limited to a Gonzaga.
    When reading it as a third party, you quoted a person and said "What the hell's with you so called, self appointed experts??"

I agree it wasn't limited to Gonzaga and really has no room in this thread. We need to clean up the Whelping Box (myself included).

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    As the moderator here I am going to step in and say enough on this. Both parties please keep it focused only on the kid please, not each other.
    Sorry...got wrapped up in the conversation...no harm intended!