Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: NBA Summer League

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Now 4-4 from deep in summer league.

He's on pace to be the best 3pt shooter in NBA history.
    Clarke with the sweet swat of Grant Williams' (Tennessee) drive.

Not the first time he has swatted Grant's shot attempt.

Clarke w/ 16 pts, 11 rebs, & 3 blks with 5 mins remaining.

His blocks have been AWESOME.

All 3 swats remained in bounds too. That's a talent in of itself, he even rebounded his own swat, and scored the transition bucket off that same block.

Sweet sequence

Rui Hachimura's Washington Wizards on now vs. NY Knicks on NBA TV.

Box Score

Rui's not starting, so wait and see if he plays today.

Fun as hell having so many Zags to follow in NBA summer league. I will be paying more attention to NBA this season for sure....and Old Dogs thread.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Rui Hachimura's Washington Wizards on now vs. NY Knicks on NBA TV.

Box Score

Rui's not starting, so wait and see if he plays today.
    He won't be playing... he's resting today.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Clarke leads #8 seed Memphis with a win over #1 seed Boston --18 pts and 12 boards 3 blocks --he gets the tip that seals the win.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Fun as hell having so many Zags to follow in NBA summer league. I will be paying more attention to NBA this season for sure....and Old Dogs thread.
    And Clarke, Rui, & Norvell have all been featured/star performers.

Man, we were so good last yr.

Clarke just put up 18 pts, 12 rebs, 3 blks in 24 mins of play vs Celtics.

Clarke was a monster!

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    He won't be playing... he's resting today.
    I think a lot of this "resting" is basically just the team deciding that they have seen enough to Rui and they want to let some of the other guys get time for evaluating.

It's hard to imagine that Rui (and others in this situation) actually need the rest.

------

Tyler Harvey (formerly the multiyear star at Eastern Washington) and Brandon Clarke are on the same summer league team. Harvey has looked terrific - it would be cool to see him make the grizzlies roster and keep a Spokane connection in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I think a lot of this "resting" is basically just the team deciding that they have seen enough to Rui and they want to let some of the other guys get time for evaluating.

It's hard to imagine that Rui (and others in this situation) actually need the rest.
    Yeah, I know, but that's what the Wizards Twitter account called it. I also think they don't want guys to get hurt... no sense in that for a meaningless game.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

I was so hoping to see Rui swat Barnett again and again...��

They’ve seen enough of Rui to know they’re going through keep him. Why risk your Lotto pick? The verdict it is in for Rui!

What time does BC play tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    What time does BC play tomorrow?
    Times of tomorrow's games and the participants still to be announced. Will be on ESPN 2, first semi-final at 3:00 PM and second semi at 5:00 PM.

Still, Dakich was knocking BC’s shooting ability in the beginning of the game. Something like, “see, there’s something he just can’t do.” What a tool. Can’t see beyond the Little Ten or however many there are in the upper Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Still, Dakich was knocking BC’s shooting ability in the beginning of the game. Something like, “see, there’s something he just can’t do.” What a tool. Can’t see beyond the Little Ten or however many there are in the upper Midwest.
    He even said something like Clarke may not make the team, if i heard right. What a moron.

Jonathan Williams coming up with the Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets on NBA TV.

Box Score

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    He even said something like Clarke may not make the team, if i heard right. What a moron.
    Agreed. I heard that too. Something like if he makes the squad.

Clarke’s shot looks good in that highlight video. His career trajectory is going to be great if he hits those with regularity. He is doing it all and looking like a Swiss Army knife.

peak dakich

in that highlight brandon:
    -- blocks the shot.
    -- hustles to save the ball from going out, throwing the ball cleanly backward through his legs to grayson allen.
    -- runs the floor, collects a late pass to his back hip and has the body control to finish around a defender.

dakich: "boy, was that a good play by grayson allen..."

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    peak dakich

in that highlight brandon:
    -- blocks the shot.
    -- hustles to save the ball from going out, throwing the ball cleanly backward through his legs to grayson allen.
    -- runs the floor, collects a late pass to his back hip and has the body control to finish around a defender.

dakich: "boy, was that a good play by grayson allen..."

It was weird because Dakich seems to have a healthy dislike of Allen/Duke and a healthy appreciation of Gonzaga/Few.

But I too was confused about how that sequence was such an excellent play by Allen. I had to rewind and rewatch the sequence and still couldn't see what Dakich was talking about.

Dakich could be right, I mean BC's play has been inconsistent...he could wind up playing in the "G League" to learn the game...he has missed soooo many shots...just doesn't have the skill set to play at this level...etc

So what that he didn't get to practice with the team before league play began

So what that he has had to learn "on the fly"

So what that he is playing with players not having the same philosophy - TEAM basketball

So what that HE plays team ball and doesn't look to be a ball hog - there is no "I" in team

So what that he is making adjustments each time he plays

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Dakich could be right, I mean BC's play has been inconsistent...he could wind up playing in the "G League" to learn the game...he has missed soooo many shots...just doesn't have the skill set to play at this level...etc

So what that he didn't get to practice with the team before league play began

So what that he has had to learn "on the fly"

So what that he is playing with players not having the same philosophy - TEAM basketball

So what that HE plays team ball and doesn't look to be a ball hog - there is no "I" in team

So what that he is making adjustments each time he plays
    Not to mention, he is 40 yrs old with t rex arms.

Numerous analysts & scouts said he would have been a sure-fire lotto pick if not for his short "wingspan". Well, looks like he is using those arms as literal wings because he can fly! Who cares if his wingspan is 4 inches shorter when his vertical is 6 inches higher.

Dakich said, "wow he got up on that play" at least 3 times during the broadcast.

Every time Celtics made a run, or even drove to the basket was when Clarke sat out. The very moment he checked back in, the drives to the hoop stopped. He was altering or swatting everything inside and Celtics knew when he was in or out, and it made a huge difference.

In terms if overall play (offense, defense, rebounding, rim protection, team ball, court presence, bball IQ), he has been the best looking prospect in SL imho.

And you are right, he actually missed the first 2 wks of practice due to his trade agreement.

Today's semi-final game between Brandon Clarke's Memphis Grizzlies and the New Orleans Pelicans is at 3:00 PM on ESPN 2.

Edited to correct the time. (Thanks, Radbooks!)
    Last edited by ZagNative; 07-14-2019 at 10:45 AM.