Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Summer League

Default NBA Summer League

Starting July 1!

Here's a link to the NBA page for Summer League: https://www.nba.com/summerleague#/

Here's some roster info for all the teams from HoopsHype: https://hoopshype.com/2019/06/27/nba...-rosters-2019/

Of interest: LA Lakers, David Stockton

Games I've got marked on my calendar: Not sure if Jonathan Williams will be on the Lakers' summer league squad.

That July 6 game between Rui's Wizards squad and Zion Williamson's Pelicans ought to be fun.

Note: Schedule edited and/or corrected from original posting. Let me know if you see any errors or additions that should be made.
    Last edited by ZagNative; 06-27-2019 at 01:29 PM.

I have tickets to Monday's games. According to my schedule, Memphis plays Phoenix on Tuesday. I don't think there is any one day when all the Zags play.
    Tickets are a reasonable $35 before the UNLV Service Charge of 38%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagpower View Post
    I have tickets to Monday's games. According to my schedule, Memphis plays Phoenix on Tuesday.
    Thanks! I'll get up a corrected schedule in a few. In the meantime, here's a link to a wiki page on the schedules: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NBA_Summer_League

Lakers just sent 3 guys to Washington. Perfect spots to be filled up by Williams, Norvell and Stockton in my opinion

FIBA Under 19 TV schedule I think on U tube or FIBA website.
    Watch your Omar (yikes) Ballo play for Mali.
    Aussies have 2 Gael recruits playing, Alex Ducas and Kyle Bowen.
    compliments of: Cooneyp of GIAG

As best I can calculate here is the time schedule for the group competition with Alex and Kyle starting on Saturday. Video on the tournament website.

6/29 5:30AM v, Canada
    6/30 6:00AM v. Latvia
    7/2 8:15AM v. Mali

The Mali team features 6'10" Oumar Ballo headed to Gonzaga.

I would assume JWIII will be on the Lakers Summer league squad since they extended a qualifying offer to him yesterday. That would make 3 Zags on the roster...gotta love my Lakers!!

Lakers extend qualifying offer to former Gonzaga forward Johnathan Williams

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...mer-gonzaga-f/

WAY above and beyond duty ZN. As always, a stellar post of the schedule. I look at other boards. Nobody does this type of work. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    WAY above and beyond duty ZN. As always, a stellar post of the schedule. I look at other boards. Nobody does this type of work. Thank You.
    Wow! Really nice of you to say. Of course, I wouldn't put in the time and effort if I didn't enjoy doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Looks like HoopsHype was wrong, eh?

Noticing that Pangos isn't trying to play this Summer. In his last efforts multiple announcers thought he look good enough to be in the league as a PG. I guess he's doing well overseas. I'd love to see him in the NBA.

Kevin played for Barcelona in a losing effort vs. Real Madrid for the Spanish league championship, with the last game of the series on June 21st. I'd expect to see him try for a spot on Team Canada's roster for the 2019 World Cup at the end of August. I'd look for Kelly, Rob Sacre, and Kyle Wilter to be seeking roster spots for Canada as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Kevin played for Barcelona in a losing effort vs. Real Madrid for the Spanish league championship, with the last game of the series on June 21st. I'd expect to see him try for a spot on Team Canada's roster for the 2019 World Cup at the end of August. I'd look for Kelly, Rob Sacre, and Kyle Wilter to be seeking roster spots for Canada as well.
    I love my boy Sacre but he's way, way down the Canadian depth chart these days.

Olynyk is pretty well a lock. From the sounds of it, it seems likely most Canadian NBAer's will be suiting up this summer, so I'd put Wiltjer as very, very unlikely. Pangos has a reasonable shot if Nurse wants to bring in a couple FIBA players which I suspect he will. (my money is on Ejim & possibly Pangos)

The guy I want to watch is Michael Porter Jr. of the Denver Nuggets. He sat out all last last year and missed most of the college season the year before. He's a top 3 talent, but dropped to #14 in the 2018 draft. If he's 100% healthy Denver is going to be really good next year.

Brandon won't be playing for Memphis until his trade deal is finalized on July 6th, so he won't be playing in SLC.

Set your DVR for 6:00 pm today to see Zach Norvell play in summer league for the Lakers vs. Heat in Sacramento.

I am usually up that late...at least in the summer.....and besides my DVR is broke.... it think...it just keeps blinking.....is the game on tv ? Where ?

Game is on NBA TV, Comcast #630.

Norvell showing off that great Zag ball movement. Couple early helpers
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Box Score

Go Zach! (He's #11.)

If the Lakers land Kawhi I could easily see Zach getting a two-year minimum contract. The stars have aligned for him in the free agent market thus far.

Better pick up that 25% FG shooting. 7 boards though. Anyone watch his defense??? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Better pick up that 25% FG shooting. 7 boards though. Anyone watch his defense??? Thoughts?
    I'm waiting for Jazz to show up with a "chux" comment.

His defense looked solid.
    Japanese fan